bocajoe

Dual Boot: Boots to Windows not Clover

3 posts in this topic

I have one Hard Drive with 2 partitions. El Capitan on 1 partition and and Windows 10 on 2nd partition and both sides function perfect.

Problem is when I boot the machine, it boots to Windows (see pic below) "not Clover" asking me which operating system to choose Mac or Windows.

When I choose MacOSX from Windows (pic below) it quickly reboots then launches Clover. When I choose Windows all is well.

While technically it works, I would like Clover to handle the booting of OS not Windows.

I installed the mac side first VIA Clover and then Windows 10 on the 2nd partition.

I have attached a picture

post-1378468-0-87902900-1447464875_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kevpatts
      So I'm new to OpenCore, I've been a Clover user for too long but it's finally totally failed me after a motherboard upgrade, I couldn't boot to Mac OS.

So I gave OpenCore a go using the basic config and boom, booted first time! I'm an instant convert!

The main problem I have is that I have a triple boot machine with Windows 10, Ubuntu and Mac OS on three separate drives. With OpenCore I can ONLY boot Mac OS. It gives me an option of "BOOTCAMP Windows" but if I select it it boots to the Ubuntu GRUB menu (??) and then won't load the linux kernel! There is no option that tries to boot Windows.

It looks like multi-OS support is not a priority right now, is this correct? Is there anything I can do to help test/code/progress this aspect of the project?
    • By Jancey
      I used this command: diskutil info disk0s2 | grep -i "Partition UUID" | rev | cut -d' ' -f 1 | rev

But I accidentally removed the wrong disk and now my main windows drive is not appearing in the bootloader. I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried resetting my windows drive, but I kept getting an error. I also reset my mac and reinstalled Catalina.
    • By NikTheNoob
      Hi,

I'm rather new to Hackintosh and trying my first build with OpenCore on AMD, but I run into issues causing OpenCore to crash before even loading the macOS installer. As I'm not sure which one is causing the crash, I'm trying to resolve all of them and one of the error messages has to do with WhateverGreen, which I was able to see in this slow-mo loading video. Basically I'm getting an error that I'm running an unsupported processor, even though I think I was following this guide by the step.
      What could be causing this and what do I need to do to resolve it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
      MB: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming
      Memory: 4x8 GB HyperX Predator, 3000 MHz Cl15
      Storage: Samsung Evo 970 Nvme 512 GB, Crucial MX500 500GB SATA
      GPU: MSI Radeon RX580 GamingX 8GB
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.