Cyberdevs

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

790 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I have the gaming 7 and it works flawless except for the sound.  With voodooHDA no matter what I try you cannot control the volume.  I do wonder if something could be done with creatives software for the recon 3di as they have support for it for mac as a USB device.  For now I am using a USB dac anyways.

I have the gaming 7 and it works flawless except for the sound.  With voodooHDA no matter what I try you cannot control the volume.  I do wonder if something could be done with creatives software for the recon 3di as they have support for it for mac as a USB device.  For now I am using a USB dac anyways.

Have you tried putting "VoodooHdaSettingsLoader" which is placed in your application folder, under System Preferences>Users & Groups>Login Items?

Wait, so is your ethernet working properly on the gaming 7? I am curious to know if your sound does work properly or not. 

Wait, so is your ethernet working properly on the gaming 7? I am curious to know if your sound does work properly or not. 

Sound is fine,, but only Center Speaker is not working. Green Jack (Front Speaker), Grey Jack (Side Speaker) are working nicely. But Audio Slider is not working,, i use AppleHDA not Voodoo rightnow.

Killer LAN E2400 is working too, not for Intel I219v. No problem, i only use WIFI (TL-WDN4800) and Killer LAN is idle.  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Mieze updated the killer lan drivers recently so it should work very well.  She did state she was going to work on updating the mausi kext to support the i219-v.   I have the UD5 so the i211 works okay, but I primarily use the apple broadcom wi-fi with the pci-e adapter.  When the i219-v gets a driver I'll go full time wired.

I have the z170x gaming 5 and the clover folder yassinex uploaded helped but still unable to get to installer.

Boots clover fine in verbose it hangs on Nvidia shadow etc.

Specs are.

Gigabyte Z170x gaming 5 F4 bios

Skylake i7-6700k

Nvidia gtx960

16gb ram

I have the z170x gaming 5 and the clover folder yassinex uploaded helped but still unable to get to installer.

Boots clover fine in verbose it hangs on Nvidia shadow etc.

Specs are.

Gigabyte Z170x gaming 5 F4 bios

Skylake i7-6700k

Nvidia gtx960

16gb ram

Have you tried booting with nv_disable=1?

I have now tried nv_disable=1 with no luck. I also updated to beta bios f5d and tried also with no luck. Still unable to load the installer get stuck on hdmiaudio device but just before that it says about an unsupported device.

Hello,

A new table will appear in BIOS every time i boot my computer.

To clear these tables, I must remove the hard disk (which Clover is installed in), boot, shutdown, plug in the hard disk, then boot again.

Is this a bug?

Mainboard: GA-Z170X Gaming5, BIOS F4

post-600471-53484_thumb.jpg

Hello, A new table will appear in BIOS every time i boot my computer. To clear these tables, I must remove the hard disk (which Clover is installed in), boot, shutdown, plug in the hard disk, then boot again. Is this a bug? Mainboard: GA-Z170X Gaming5, BIOS F4

You can see this thread on how to remove the extra entries http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308637-how-to-remove-extra-clover-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems/without the need to remove your hard drive.

Hey guys,

I installed 10.11.2 update today via App Store and everything works just fine.

I'm using Yassinex's efi folder with some few adjustments for my video card and other stuff, and voodooHDA.

Audio works, USB 3.0 works, Dual display works.

So far so good.

Hey guys, I installed 10.11.2 update today via App Store and everything works just fine. I'm using Yassinex's efi folder with some few adjustments for my video card and other stuff, and voodooHDA. Audio works, USB 3.0 works, Dual display works. So far so good.

Which install method did you use? Would you mind sharing your modified efi folder?

Installing Mac OS X El Capitan on Z170X-Gaming 5

1- Create a bootable usb disk using any method that you are comfortable with, I used CreateinstallMedia method. You are going to need a 16 GB or larger USB disk and El Capitan 10.11.1 and 10.11.2 Installer which I assume you already downloaded from App Store.

Partition and fromat your USB disk with “Disk Utility” to “GUID Partition Table” and name it Untitled or whatever you like but It is important to name the flash exactly the same as you can see in the command the volume which this command will you it's named Untitled. If you name your flash disk anything but flash, change the name in command and you'll be OK.

Use the following command in terminal, just copy the command as is in you terminal window then hit return and type in your password:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applcations/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

2- After the USB Disk is created, download and install Latest Clover to your USB Disk. Clover v. 3330 is the latest at the time.

3. Use clover configurator to mount EFI partition on your USB disk and replace the whole EFI folder with the one Yassinex posted here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/page-4

I also recommend you make another copy of the EFI folder on your USB disk root so you can have access to it for next step.

4. Boot your computer with usb disk and Install Mac OS X

5. Once you got to desktop use clover configurator, Mount EFI partition on your Mac OS X HDD and replace the EFI folder with the same folder you copied to USB disk root.

6. Remove the USB disk and reboot your computer and boot from HDD and see if it boots up.

Yassinex's folder works perfectly fine on any GA-Z170X Gaming 5, I'm using an ATI Radeon graphics adapter so under "Boot" section of the Config.plist I clicked "nv_disable=1" and under "Graphics" and "Kernel and Kext Patches" I modified these settings for my VGA. If you are using Nvidia graphics you need to remove or replace any settings you see under those sections such as "FB Name", "VRAM", "Video Ports, "Inject ATI","ATI Connectors Data", "ATI Connectors Patch" and "ATI Connectors Controller".

by the way here is the link to my EFI folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/win6k4lvfndnz8p/EFI.zip?dl=0

Good Luck.

The credit goes to Yassinex, Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder and all the gurus whom made this happen. I only put together what I've learned.

Thank you very much. This thread is what convinced me to go for the gaming 5. It will be here in a few days and I will try this out.

Installing Mac OS X El Capitan on Z170X-Gaming 5

1- Create a bootable usb disk using any method that you are comfortable with, I used CreateinstallMedia method. You are going to need a 16 GB or larger USB disk and El Capitan 10.11.1 and 10.11.2 Installer which I assume you already downloaded from App Store.

Partition and fromat your USB disk with “Disk Utility” to “GUID Partition Table” and name it Untitled or whatever you like but It is important to name the flash exactly the same as you can see in the command the volume which this command will you it's named Untitled. If you name your flash disk anything but flash, change the name in command and you'll be OK.

Use the following command in terminal, just copy the command as is in you terminal window then hit return and type in your password:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applcations/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

2- After the USB Disk is created, download and install Latest Clover to your USB Disk. Clover v. 3330 is the latest at the time.

3. Use clover configurator to mount EFI partition on your USB disk and replace the whole EFI folder with the one Yassinex posted here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/page-4

I also recommend you make another copy of the EFI folder on your USB disk root so you can have access to it for next step.

4. Boot your computer with usb disk and Install Mac OS X

5. Once you got to desktop use clover configurator, Mount EFI partition on your Mac OS X HDD and replace the EFI folder with the same folder you copied to USB disk root.

6. Remove the USB disk and reboot your computer and boot from HDD and see if it boots up.

Yassinex's folder works perfectly fine on any GA-Z170X Gaming 5, I'm using an ATI Radeon graphics adapter so under "Boot" section of the Config.plist I clicked "nv_disable=1" and under "Graphics" and "Kernel and Kext Patches" I modified these settings for my VGA. If you are using Nvidia graphics you need to remove or replace any settings you see under those sections such as "FB Name", "VRAM", "Video Ports, "Inject ATI","ATI Connectors Data", "ATI Connectors Patch" and "ATI Connectors Controller".

by the way here is the link to my EFI folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/win6k4lvfndnz8p/EFI.zip?dl=0

Good Luck.

The credit goes to Yassinex, Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder and all the gurus whom made this happen. I only put together what I've learned.

Hi, my board is gaming7 and Gpu is r9 390.

Is your EFI folder compatible with?

Actually I am waiting my components still :))

I just make it sure to prepare everything before I start installing mess!!

Thank you!!!

You guys Rock!!!

Hi, my board is gaming7 and Gpu is r9 390.

Is your EFI folder compatible with?

Actually I am waiting my components still :))

I just make it sure to prepare everything before I start installing mess!!

Thank you!!!

You guys Rock!!!

I'm not sure if it works with Gaming 7 but you can find what you are looking for in here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309729-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-7-success-hackintosh/

Thank you very much. This thread is what convinced me to go for the gaming 5. It will be here in a few days and I will try this out.

You're welcome :)

You can also find useful information on Gaming 7 at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309729-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-7-success-hackintosh/

In case you guys didn't know MacVidCards.com now has a working nvme driver that works with any board, using it on a gaming 7 with a samsung pro 950 and its working great.

Hi guys I have the gaming 5 with a gtx 960 but I'm getting a kp right before the osx installer I think which I'm thinking is a graphics issue.

Any suggestions on what to input into clover configuration to solve this would be appreciated.

I'm working with yassinex's efi folder.

This is the kp.

b277edae46ae8ead2237e81647f708ab.jpg

Try injecting at boot just after post bios, go into clover options (spacebar) near the bottom of menu and inject Nvidia (first two) - see if it boots.

You can find my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 Working Solution : Here

- Usb 2.0 and 3.0 and All ports mapped ( Expect 2 internal USB3 ports )

- Internal + External SATA working. (Intel + ASMEDIA ASM1061 on PCI-E )

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Internal Audio Working.

- Lan Network ( Killer 2200 ) Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Cpu SSDT Patch for i7 6700k

- Ram OK

- CPU/GPU ACPI monitoring ok

- Wifi and BT Working oob ( BCM94360CD with PCI-E adapter)

- A Nvidia GTX 970 (Strix) working with WebDrivers.

- I did not test the Intel Gigabyte LAN

- I did not test the Integrated GPU (Intel 530)

- I tested 3.1 ports ( Type A and C ): not working ( It uses PCI-E lines )

I'm using the beta BIOS F5c : which activate Thunderbolt 3. You unlock MSR, disable IOAPIC 24-119 entry with this version VS F4

Here it is

Thanks : to Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder,....ad many others.

What are your bios settings?

My BIOS is the original bios that cam out with motherboard, F4. Piker's patch works perfectly fine so you don't have to Patch the bios.

SuperIO is disabled, CMS is disabled it could be enabled it has no effect on my computer and OS, Fast Boot is disabled. SATA is set to AHCI and boot option is set to UEFI and OS mode is set to Windows 8/10WHQL.

You can also give my EFI folder a try and see how it goes. I've removed any values that i changed specifically for my system and uploaded it again. Here is the new link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfr8s7ouqvywxt6/Working%20EFI.zip?dl=0

Hi guys I have the gaming 5 with a gtx 960 but I'm getting a kp right before the osx installer I think which I'm thinking is a graphics issue.

Any suggestions on what to input into clover configuration to solve this would be appreciated.

I'm working with yassinex's efi folder.

This is the kp.

b277edae46ae8ead2237e81647f708ab.jpg

Disable the serial port in UEFI.