Cyberdevs

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

790 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Has anyone had success with this board and sierra with on board graphics?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes I have. I Used macOS Sierra 10.12.1 installer and the following config.plist

I also managed to get my AMD Radeon HD7790 to work with IGFX set as primary with 3 displays one connected to IGFX and the other two connected to my PCIe graphics adapter. But I removed ATI settings from the file just to avoid confusion and conflicts.

config.plist.zip

question, what is the differece between the usb installer kext folder? i see some users are putting kext in the folder named "Other" and some are in folder "10.11". why is that?

question, what is the differece between the usb installer kext folder? i see some users are putting kext in the folder named "Other" and some are in folder "10.11". why is that?

In general kext folder inside the EFI\Clover\ is a place for adding extra kext files which are not supported by Mac OS X and Apple Computers and for clover bootloader, Mac OS X will load them and make the installation and/or loading of the Mac OS X possible on non apple computers, "10.11" is the kext folder used for El Capitan installer or the partition which is used to boot El Capitan specifically while "Other" folder is used for any other Mac OS X versions you might have installed on your hard disks. For instance if you are using clover boot loader to boot macOS Sierra you can add another folder and call it "10.12" and put all the relative kext files inside it so clover could load them for macOS Sierra or just simply use the "Other" folder. The other folder is used for any previous versions of Mac OS X installation or installed version of Mac OS X. Whether you use a USB installer or load the clover boot loader from internal hard disk you need to put those kext files inside the kext folder which are relative to your installation.

For more information about Clover you can see the following website to see what is what:

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents

Question, I am having difficulty with my build.. 
I have a -
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5

Intel Skylake 6700K 

Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 

Samsung 500GB SSD
and a GTX 660

Using SSDT-i7-6700K.aml and a pretty vanilla clover base.. I am seeing weird things like the CPU showing "1.99 GHz Intel Core i7", My Wifi doesn't work but my bluetooth does.. I am using 14,2 in my SMBIOS because thats the only one that I could get bluetooth and my video card working.. Any advice on how to clean everything up would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached a copy of my EFI folder if that helps.. 

I have a -

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5

Intel Skylake 6700K 

Samsung 500GB SSD

and a GTX 660

Using SSDT-i7-6700K.aml and a pretty vanilla clover base.. I am seeing weird things like the CPU showing "1.99 GHz Intel Core i7", My Wifi doesn't work but my bluetooth does.. I am using 14,2 in my SMBIOS because thats the only one that I could get bluetooth and my video card working.. Any advice on how to clean everything up would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached a copy of my EFI folder if that helps.. 

There is no attachment here!

I have a -

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5

Intel Skylake 6700K 

Samsung 500GB SSD

and a GTX 660

Where does it show the processor speed 1.99 GHz, in About This Mac window or in third party Hardware monitors? and what type of bluetooth and wireless adapter you are using? 

In the EFI folder you attached here it shows that you are using iMac 17,1 SMBIOS and you don't use any kind of kexts at all.

Hey guys,

I recently updated my BIOS to F21 and it solved the annoying UEFI boot entries.

I just wanted to tell you guys in case some of you still struggling with that.

Cheers

I believe it was already resolved with the F20 bios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I didn't know that because I was still using the old F5 bios :hysterical:

But thanks for the update

Hey guys, what's up?

I recently found a Patched DSDT for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards and it works just fine. I removed all the previous patches from clover and as far as I know everything works fine on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

I cannot confirm it for El Capitan but it should work as well. Feel free to test it out and post your experience here.

Here is the link to barijaona's GitHub page and all the credit goes to him.

https://github.com/barijaona/CLOVER_GA-Z170X-Gaming5

Cheers

Hey guys, what's up?

I recently found a Patched DSDT for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards and it works just fine. I removed all the previous patches from clover and as far as I know everything works fine on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

I cannot confirm it for El Capitan but it should work as well. Feel free to test it out and post your experience here.

Here is the link to barijaona's GitHub page and all the credit goes to him.

https://github.com/barijaona/CLOVER_GA-Z170X-Gaming5

Cheers

Hi

U can test?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317548-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2417732

After using MaLd0n's patched DSDT I can confirm:

I removed the following patches from ACPI:

change _OSI to XOSI

Change EHC2 to EH02

Rename HDAS to HDEF

Change EHC1 to EH01

and I don't need FixShutdown_0004 anymore

and with your AppleALC.kext

I don't need AppleHDA patches 

I still use the following Kernel and Kext Patches

AirPortAtheros40

AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Thank you MaLd0n :)

post-1011040-0-48003100-1493969899_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-44170600-1493969909_thumb.png

i apply hdmi intel hd, i think dont have problem if u dont use graphics intel with nvidia/amd

u can send me new ioreg , last check

I will send you the ioreg soon, but at first let me check some things with you.

1. At first attempt system didn't boot at all maybe that's because I didn't remove all the ssdt files from ACPI, after removing all the ssdt files. system booted normally.

2. Hardware sensors don't work even with my old FakeSMC.

3. My Front Header USB ports doesn't work any more.

u dont need ssdt more, like hdmi, etc, only pike ssdt if u use, for usb u use usbinject all?

Post ur full Clover folder here

Is a EL capo or sierra?

run kextutility, just run for rebuild, etc

Kext Utility.app.zip

it's good.

run kext utility, reboot and test usb, etc

usbinjectall Does the work

for sensors, try it, but without GPU Sensors, problems wit Pascal

FakeSMC.kext.zip

if u can, post ur full clover here, remove ur serials ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tluck
      Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide
      Latest Release on GitHub (October 2019) Updated to Clover r5097 Updated Lilu kexts - ALC, WEG Merged Verleihnix' config.plist - especially to NOT inject GFX Updated BacklightInjector as option to WEG Added new DSDT patch for Catalina
        Various Tweaks over Last months The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra. 
      Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan. 
      Full Clover file set - config.plist etc. Includes all custom kexts Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches Utility scripts The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases
      Caveat: The T460 systems used here was configured with: i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.
      Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.
      Devices and aspects working:
      Ethernet -  Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed) PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work -  3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc  Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices. Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.
      ACPI Files
      New Installation - Steps and Details
      Part 1 - OS Installation
      Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup
      Notes on Custom Kexts

• By Andres ZeroCross
      First i will give you information about my specification

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
      Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
      RAM : Team DDR4 8GB (2X4GB) 2133Mhz - up to 3000Mhz at XMP Profile
      Graphics Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
      SSD and HDD : Fujitsu F200 for System + 500GB Seagate connect with add on PCI-e to Sata 3 Asmedia ASM1062 Chipset
      Other harddrive : 1 Natno SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate, 2x 500GB Seagate connect with internal SATA Controller Interface
      Wifi Card : TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      Monitor : 2x Asus VN248H (HDMI and Display Port with Converter)
      I need 2 new hardware to support this
      a. PCIe to Sata with 2 Ports Sata (because i use 2 important storage)
      b. PCI to USB 2.0 with NEC Chipset (i Plug USB Keyboard, Mouse and USB Installer here)

My steps :
      1. Make USB installer El Capitan 10.11 Public Release with CreateinstallMedia method
      2. Install Clover Rev 3280 into it
      3. Basic configuration for BIOS (Disable serial port at IO section in bios, Boot with UEFI Mode,  Primary Graphics set to PCI-E, Sata Controller = AHCI, CSM Support = Disable, OS Mode = Windows 8/10 WHQL)
      4. My Masic Configuration for Config.plist (open with Clover Configurator Version 4.24)
          ACPI = tick FixHpet, AddDTGP, FixHDA, New Way, Delete Unused, AddHDMI, Drop OEM_DSM of HDA and SATA.
          Bootflag = nv_disable=1 -v dart=0
          Devices = USB Inject, Add Clock ID, Fix OwnerShip, Audio Layout = 2, Reset HDA
          Graphics = There is no change here
          Kernel and Kext Patches = FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 and tick KernelHasswellE (Please anybody,, i dont want use this. Latest El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta is supported native to this processor right. Help me with kernel so i don't need to use fakeCpuIID again) I I use Clover R3292 and i don't need to use FakeCPUID again,, just tick Kernel Haswell-E and it will boot. So you need to use Clover R3292 and later
          Rt Variables = BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x067
          SMBios = First i use SMBios MacPro 6.1 but later i just need to use iMac17,1 because My System build is identical with iMac17,1 hardware (SkyLake System)
          System Parameters = Inject Kexts Detect and Tick Inject System ID
      5. Boot from Your USB Installer and do everything like normal until you get into desktop
      6. Install Kext Utility,  
      7. Copy "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to Desktop and then edit info.plist at "AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist" and look at OKitPersonalities->AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy->ConfigMap and change "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - Config1" to "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - None". Reinstall this kext with Kext Utility.

Note : the reason you need to "Config1" of "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" because it's BOARD-ID for MacPro6,1. so if you use SMBios of iMac17,1 then Check your Board-Id (you can use Clover Configurator and open your config.plist and see your Board-id at SMBios Section) and change "Config2/Config1" to "none". Now i use "Mac-DB15BD556843C820" as my Board-ID because i use iMac17,1 SMBios  so i need to change ConfigMap that related to it 

8. Install Nvidia Web Driver version 346.03.02f02, and restart.
      9. Change bootflag "nv_disable=1" to "nvda_drv=1"
      10. After you get into desktop, get Latest Beta Build 10.11.1 Seed. You need to change seed catalog update first (google it).
      11. Do update to 10.11.1 Build 15B38b and restart
      12. Boot again with bootflag "nv_disable=1", and copy "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to desktop. And open info.plist at "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist". Look at "IOKitPersonalities->NVDAStartup" and change "NVDARequiredOS - 15A284" to "NVDARequiredOS - 15B". Save,, and reinstall this kext with Kext Utility
      13. IMPORTANT, if you use SMBIOS MacPro 6.1 or iMac 15.1 and some type (I forgot) then do "7Th Step" above again.
      14. Restart and reuse "nvda_drv=1"
      15. Now you have El Capitan 10.11.1 at your SKYLAKE Computer

Problem
      1. Internal Sata is still not function, it show "Intel 10 Series Chipset" but "unknown" for Harddrive Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
      2. USB 3.0 is not function too, but it shot at USB System Report Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
      3. When you open Browser Applications, Movies or Something like that then it will freeze for 10 seconds. I check console and i found "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)" Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
      4. Address of Sound HDEF is different with my DSDT. Normally it should be "0x001B0000" but at my board's DSDT is "0x001F0003". So ScriptCommand of Toleda for ALC is not work anymore, we need to change that script command from HDEF-B to HDEF-F (just look at the script)
      5. We need to change Device HDAS to HDEF at address "0x00fF0003", but something weird after 5times my system freeze and i look at Audio System Report it suddenly show all of AUDIO Interface , before not. Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
      6. I look at my Graphics/Displays Sytem report and at PCIe Lane Width, it show "x4" or "x8". Damn,, it should be "x16". It will random change after freeze from "x4" or "x8" My bad, i just need to plug out and plug in again. Just assembly case

Maybe Rehabman, Slice and Pike R. Alpha want to help me

Well,,
      i attach my file (Darwin Dumper File) <<<<< Before Patched, and
      i attach my DSDT + SSDT + Config.plist <<<<< After Patched and working well

Before Patch

Before Mod Bios / Patch 1

Before Mod Bios / Patch 2

Before Mod Bios / Patch 3

Before Mod Bios / Patch 4

=================================================================================================
      AFTER PATCH

After Mod Bios / Patch 1

After Mod Bios / Patch 2

After Mod Bios / Patch 3

After Mod Bios / Patch 4

After Mod Bios / Patch 5

After Mod Bios / Patch 6

After Mod Bios / Patch 7

Z170-HD3-CF.zip
    • By Andres ZeroCross
      First my Old Threads is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308178-el-capitan-wih-i7-6700-skylake-gigabyte-ga-z170-hd3-palit-jetstream-gtx960/

My Computer Specifications
      1. Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
      2. Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-HD3
      3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
      4. Wifi Card ; TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      5. PCI-E to Sata = Bafo PCI-e to 2 Sata3 and 2 e-Sata
      6. PCI to USB 2.0 - NEC Chipset
      7. Main Harddisk Harddisk : Fujitsu SSD 120GB + Seagate 500GB that plug into Bafo PCIe to Sata3
      8. Other Harddisk : Natno SSD 12GB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, all of it are plug into onboard Sata Chipset Controller (But Unknow at El Capitan / 10th Intel Chipset)
      9. RAM : Team 3000Mhz 8GB (2x4GB)
      10. Display : Asus VN248H
      11. Clover version : 3280

My Step :
      1. Because Internal Sata Chipset and USB 3.0 are not supported yet, so i clone my Fujitsu 120GB SSD from my Hacbook Asus X455LA that already installed El Capitan Build 15B30a with Carbon Copy Cloner
      2. I use MacPro 6.1 as SMBIOS and use FakeCPUIID of Intel 4790k (0x0306C3)
      3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.
      4. I try boot from USB that already install Clover 3280 and it boot. I use "-v nv_disable=1 dart=0"
      5. Then at desktop, i install nvidia web driver 346.03.02F02 (before that you need to modif it,, use pkgutil --expand bla bla ba,, google it and change required os to "15B" then use pkgutl --flatten bla bla to repackage) then i change info plist from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist and change line that contain board-id of MacPro 6.1 from Config2 to none
      6. Then i install that kext,, and restart
      7. i use "-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 and it will need more time than usual to get login form,, yeah i did it. But there is some bugs

Bugs :
      1. Internal sata is not function
      2. USB 3.0 is error too,,  at verbose i see "error mantisa log"
      3. Sometimes my system get freeze for a few seconds. I thinks this is error from Nvidia web driver,, i see nvdia error log from "sudo dmesg"

At last,, sorry for my bad english
      Thanks

This is for screenshots

I upload my IOREG and DSDT

• By Drovosek
      Hey.
      I have a Dell Vostro 3267 system unit. It has a Skylake processor Intel Core i5-6400 with integrated graphics Intel HD 530, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD. The monitor is connected via HDMI.
      I faced a problem that if I enter Hackintosh in a sleep mode, and then I press something on the keyboard, the system unit wakes up (I hear as coolers begin to turn), but the monitor does not react in any way.
      I tried to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cord, tried to inject EDID in config tried to change SMBIOS on MacMini8,1, but it did not change the situation.
      How to solve the problem?

P.S.
      All in Mojave 10.14.6
      CLOVER.7z
    • By End3rPower50
      Hi, I want to install MacOS Catalina on my laptop.
      I was installed MacOS Mojave previously but i had a lot of problem, for example my wifi's card (Dell DW1820A) had a problem: My pc sometimes doesn't boot up or pc after some minutes crashed or slowed. 
      Now i want to try again to install macOS.

this is my spec: 
      HP 15-AY034NL 
      CPU: i7 6500U  with HD520
      SSD: 500GB SSD Samsung
      Wifi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A (Bluetooth: BCM2045A0) (Wifi: BCM94350ZAE)
      USB 3.0 
      Ethernet: Realtek 8100

Attached in this thread, my old clover configuration created by me (CLOVER OLD) and clover with Wifi driver (CLOVER) created by Hervè (I had asked help at insanelymac's community)

P.S SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
      Thanks in advance 
      -ANTONIO
      CLOVER OLD.zip
      CLOVER.zip