790 posts in this topic

If I disable the serial port, I automatically load in safe mode

If your Mac OS loads in safe mode make sure to remove -x flag in config.plist

Advertisement

If your Mac OS loads in safe mode make sure to remove -x flag in config.plist

8cc9cb597a61991fc2e917d20d529490.jpg

where?

Enviado desde mi E2363 mediante Tapatalk

if i change to enable the serial port start normally but in a few seconds i have the kernel panic

i dunno why loads in save mode, but if i change the serial.port to enable (bios motherboard), start normally, but ..... the panic kernel message "system uptime in nanoseconds" reboot my oc all times

in the second line you'll see Boor Args:dart=0 and there is no -x flag.

Which version of mac os x you try to install because all the versions prior to 10.11.4 have trouble detecting your Graphics Adapter which is IntelHD 530 integrated graphics.

Make sure your USB installer is 10.11.4 and use the following config.plist

let me know if it works.

config.plist.zip

What loads safe mode?

Windows or your motherboard?

Maybe read through this whole thread to get exact motherboard settings. Also make sure your using the latest bios to disable ioapic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I use a new pc whitout os, all components are new.

the installation start in safe mode same to use "-x", why?, i dunno, if change the serial port to disable, the install program load in safe mode, if disable the serial port start the kernel panic.

I use the new one bios to my moderboard

in the second line you'll see Boor Args:dart=0 and there is no -x flag.

Which version of mac os x you try to install because all the versions prior to 10.11.4 have trouble detecting your Graphics Adapter which is IntelHD 530 integrated graphics.

Make sure your USB installer is 10.11.4 and use the following config.plist

let me know if it works.

I try to install 10.11.4, i create my usb using IBootable 2.0 windows program, and i use the 10.11.4 os image.

so i can not change the config or i do not know how.

config.plist is an essential part of clover's bootloader and depending on the settings in bios you'll find config.plist in one of the following paths:

EFI/ESP setup: in this scheme you'll find the config.plist under Hard Disk's EFI partition EFI\EFI\Clover\config.plist

on legacy setups you'll find the file under bootable partition's root under EFI\Clover\config.plist

if you managed to find the config.plist make a copy of your existing config.plist and replace the old one with the one I posted.

in Mac OS X use a software called clover configurator to open and edit the config.plist file and you can also mount the EFI partition with clover configurator.

config.plist is an essential part of clover's bootloader and depending on the settings in bios you'll find config.plist in one of the following paths:

EFI/ESP setup: in this scheme you'll find the config.plist under Hard Disk's EFI partition EFI\EFI\Clover\config.plist

on legacy setups you'll find the file under bootable partition's root under EFI\Clover\config.plist

if you managed to find the config.plist make a copy of your existing config.plist and replace the old one with the one I posted.

in Mac OS X use a software called clover configurator to open and edit the config.plist file and you can also mount the EFI partition with clover configurator.

Cyberdevs, thks so much for ur help.

I´ve never use a Mac and I have no friend to use it, so I can not configure my usb installer.

Apparently he'll have to keep using Wndows and Linux or It seems I'll have to buy a used mac to configure my USB.

Thank you again

Cyberdevs, thks so much for ur help.

I´ve never use a Mac and I have no friend to use it, so I can not configure my usb installer.

Apparently he'll have to keep using Wndows and Linux or It seems I'll have to buy a used mac to configure my USB.

Thank you again

You're welcome,

But actually you don't have to buy a Mac. All you need is VMWare and some search about how to install Mac OS X on VMWare and you can modify your USB Installer or create new installer for you new Hackintosh :)

You're welcome,

But actually you don't have to buy a Mac. All you need is VMWare and some search about how to install Mac OS X on VMWare and you can modify your USB Installer or create new installer for you new Hackintosh :)

I try to install the VMware but the program does not recognize any .img or .dmg or .rvi

If you have a bootable ISO file for Mac OS X you can boot VMWare from it.

or you can use TransMac to transfer the files from a DMG to IMG or maybe ISO files. you need to search the steps because I don't remember exactly how I created my first bootable VMWare disk image and besides I always had access to a working Mac OS.

Good luck

If you have a bootable ISO file for Mac OS X you can boot VMWare from it.

or you can use TransMac to transfer the files from a DMG to IMG or maybe ISO files. you need to search the steps because I don't remember exactly how I created my first bootable VMWare disk image and besides I always had access to a working Mac OS.

Good luck

I have 5 or 6 copies of "el capitan" but the vmware does not recognize any of them.

My USB loader use a .rvi file.

Well i try to search other copy of el capitan.

Thank you time and your help

The key is to use a pre- installed el capitan VMware image not create one from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that MacTrans is a windows application to open Mac img and dmg formats.

see these articles:

http://pureinfotech.com/make-bootable-usb-mac-os-x-windows/

http://superuser.com/questions/383235/create-a-bootable-usb-drive-from-a-dmg-file-on-windows/416772

I forgot to mention that MacTrans is a windows application to open Mac dmg and dmg formats.

see these articles:

http://pureinfotech.com/make-bootable-usb-mac-os-x-windows/

http://superuser.com/questions/383235/create-a-bootable-usb-drive-from-a-dmg-file-on-windows/416772

the firstime use transmac without results.

And i managed to install el capitan using vmware, but is too late now, tomorrow try to create a new one usb installer.

mac osx loik same linux

the firstime use transmac without results.

And i managed to install el capitan using vmware, but is too late now, tomorrow try to create a new one usb installer.

mac osx loik same linux

Hi.

i managed to install el capitan, but after first reboot, it freezes in the apple mark.

I have done something wrong?

Hi.

i managed to install el capitan, but after first reboot, it freezes in the apple mark.

I have done something wrong?

When the bootloader starts you need to set the -v flag so it shows you the verbose log and from there you can start troubleshooting.

In order to do the verbose booting add -v to Boot Args: in your clover options.

Post a picture of the verbose log so we can see what's going on.

I managed ti make it reboot normally, but have another problem.... no audio, install the drivers, but ......

You can find some useful information in this topic about how to enable the sound:

Download and install VoodooHDA 2.8.8.V3

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist

Set the following flags under Boot section:

kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0

see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2199304

You can find some useful information in this topic about how to enable the sound:

Download and install VoodooHDA 2.8.8.V3

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist

Set the following flags under Boot section:

kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0

see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2199304

I could install the audio.

Cyberdevs thank you so much for ur help.

Now i can only do the double boot without installing windows again. I'm looking for tutorials now.

Muchas gracias

I could install the audio.

Cyberdevs thank you so much for ur help.

Now i can only do the double boot without installing windows again. I'm looking for tutorials now.

Muchas gracias

You are most welcome :)

about dual booting read the following steps:

http://osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-how-to-dual-boot-osx-el-capitan-and-windows10-for-hackintosh/

Hello!

Thank you very much  cyberdevs for your thread. It was very helpful for me (we have the same motherboard)

My custom Mac is almost finished. I only need to fix a problem with the "shut down"... The Custom Mac reboot instead turn off.  Any idea? And with the "Sleep Mode" the fans of the PC are working... I think is not good that.

This is my first Hackintosh. I have tried to find some info in Google about it and nothing.

The machine:

be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W Modular

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ????

Procesador: i7 6700K 300 - 330

EVGA GTX 960 SC ACX 2.0 4 GB 04G-P4-2983-KR 

Crucial BLS2C16G4D240FSC 16 x 2 

Samsung 850 PRO 1 Tb(OS X)

Samsung 840 EVO 512 Gb (Windows 10)

HDD: WD Red 6Tb

HDD: WD Blue 6Tb (Backup)

Thank you again.

Greetings from Spain.

Hello!

Thank you very much  cyberdevs for your thread. It was very helpful for me (we have the same motherboard)

My custom Mac is almost finished. I only need to fix a problem with the "shut down"... The Custom Mac reboot instead turn off.  Any idea? And with the "Sleep Mode" the fans of the PC are working... I think is not good that.

This is my first Hackintosh. I have tried to find some info in Google about it and nothing.

The machine:

be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W Modular

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ????

Procesador: i7 6700K 300 - 330

EVGA GTX 960 SC ACX 2.0 4 GB 04G-P4-2983-KR 

Crucial BLS2C16G4D240FSC 16 x 2 

Samsung 850 PRO 1 Tb(OS X)

Samsung 840 EVO 512 Gb (Windows 10)

HDD: WD Red 6Tb

HDD: WD Blue 6Tb (Backup)

Thank you again.

Greetings from Spain.

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you found this topic useful and welcome to my topic :)

Nice config by the way!

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist:

In order to fix the shutdown problem you need to set the following flag in the config.plist

Under ACPI section, Find Fixes and check FixShutdown.

Good luck

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you found this topic useful and welcome to my topic :)

Nice config by the way!

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist:

In order to fix the shutdown problem you need to set the following flag in the config.plist

Under ACPI section, Find Fixes and check FixShutdown.

Good luck

Thank you again for your help.

Next Friday when I be back at home I will try ;)

Bye!!

Anytime :)

Best of luck

Thank you again. Another problem that you solved :) Now the Shut Down works perfect.

My Hackintosh is almost perfect: Only left Sleep mode. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work?

Have a nice day!