Cyberdevs

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

790 posts in this topic

Hahaha. It looks like everyone here is waiting for someone else to try and install OS X 10.11.4  on their Hackintosh. :P

Hi. From other forum comment:

> I was rendered unbootable and was able to fix with OsxAptioFix2drv AND updating Clover to r3354. I highly recommend doing these things before the update.

* So  we shouuld do BOTH those things first.

* Plus any special consideration for non-Intel GPUs (NVIDIA or AMD).

There isnt really much other known issues to worry about.

[EDIT] ALSO:

> "Apple only put the new IGPU drivers in the final release of 10.11.4. Nothing new in betas."

> "Intel HD 530 (Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB) works good except dual monitors. If I connect 2 monitors (DVI and HDMI) only one of them gets signal and there are only artifacts on the screen."

Advertisement

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: Success!!! All went fine! For my hack (check my sig) i only applied the update from app store. No clover modifications whatsoever or adding new drivers to efi folder. But thats just me. Everything works as it should. I didn't have time to check for IGPU working or not. Sound works as sleep and restart also. 

No problem dreamcat4 :)

The reason that I'm not able to install the update is because I'm on a trip and I have no access to my computer not because I'm waiting for someone else to do it first :)

But it's always good to hear from you guys :)

Hi again. I found some new infos about Duplicate boot entries bug today:

* Bug does not require 2 multiple ESP / multiple HDDs (for example Windows dual-boot)

* Bug does not require SATA connection. Well not for passmark memtest x86 disk image. Which can be reproduced with USB 2.0 HDD protable drive.

* Bug does not go away if is disabled the Clover boot entries scanning. That setting has no impact.

* Bug does not occur on grub UEFI / ubuntu linux.

Somehow Grub is recognized as special 'ubuntu' boot entry, just like windows is. Where-as the bug somehow manifest in presense of not-identified 'UEFI: ' boot entries. New information is already passed to Gigabyte.

However if you are also being affected as newer skylake* gigabyte user, then I urge you to also all re-file each 1 new bug report with the Gigabyte's eSupport ticketing system. Many thanks.

* for any Z170, H170, or H110 gigabyte series motherboards.

No problem dreamcat4 :)

The reason that I'm not able to install the update is because I'm on a trip and I have no access to my computer not because I'm waiting for someone else to do it first :)

But it's always good to hear from you guys :)

I've updated to 11.4 without any problem. But the reboot / shutdown issue is still there!!! ...  :wallbash:

Any clue? ... does anybody know how to create a log of the shutdown process? 

what makes me really angry is that this issue is random ... so it's related to something that I cannot identify ... 

here goes nothing.. updating at the moment :)

Seems it went ok, forgot the nvidia config fix so booted to black screen, still have this insane boot time after i added the fix shutdown though. I'm sure my ssd drive should be faster than the aftermarket OC ssd i threw into my old 2011 27"iMac and that one boots super fast.. oh well at least i don't have to boot often ;)

HD 530 is fully working on 10.11.4 :)

* On which display output(s)? All 3 at once?

* If dual screen, then does 2nd screen work?

* Does display rotation work?

here goes nothing.. updating at the moment :)

Seems it went ok, forgot the nvidia config fix so booted to black screen, still have this insane boot time after i added the fix shutdown though. I'm sure my ssd drive should be faster than the aftermarket OC ssd i threw into my old 2011 27"iMac and that one boots super fast.. oh well at least i don't have to boot often ;)

Ok i should learn to shut up, everything worked fine with the nvidia driver for 10.11.4, but i didn't have hdmi 2560x1440 on my secondary monitor, so i applied the

Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-v2 (new version available) and now i boot to black screen, even with the changes done for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext :( 

Also appears my sound is missing. should never have updated ;)

I talk too soon:

HELP!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

AUDIO GET DISTORTED under iTunes after 3 minutes of playing ... after having upgraded to 11.4 !!!

tried re-applying Toleda patch --> nothing!
tried revert to 11.3 AppleHDA --> nothing!
tried removing CodecCommander --> nothing!

Audio is NOT distorted in youtube under Safari, though. Machine in signature ... GA Z170X Gaming 5, i7-6700K, Nvidia GFX 950  .

Hi again. I found some new infos about Duplicate boot entries bug today:

* Bug does not require 2 multiple ESP / multiple HDDs (for example Windows dual-boot)

* Bug does not require SATA connection. Well not for passmark memtest x86 disk image. Which can be reproduced with USB 2.0 HDD protable drive.

* Bug does not go away if is disabled the Clover boot entries scanning. That setting has no impact.

* Bug does not occur on grub UEFI / ubuntu linux.

Somehow Grub is recognized as special 'ubuntu' boot entry, just like windows is. Where-as the bug somehow manifest in presense of not-identified 'UEFI: ' boot entries. New information is already passed to Gigabyte.

However if you are also being affected as newer skylake* gigabyte user, then I urge you to also all re-file each 1 new bug report with the Gigabyte's eSupport ticketing system. Many thanks.

* for any Z170, H170, or H110 gigabyte series motherboards.

This issue seems to be resolved for me after upgrading to F5 BIOS on Gaming 5 mobo.

Hi everyone :)

Lots of useful info

For those with audio problem as I mentioned in my earliest posts in this topic I had the same problem with Toledo's script so I switched to voodooHDA and it works just fine with Mac OS updates all you have to do is to adjust the igain mixer to avoid the hissing sound.

I wish if I could test the 10.11.4 update and see the new changes but I guess when I get back from my trip you all debugged all the problems in Mac OS 10.11.4 or even 10.11.5 :D

Cheers everybody

This issue seems to be resolved for me after upgrading to F5 BIOS on Gaming 5 mobo.

Hmm. I retested the latest BIOS for Gaming 3 just yesterday (F6). It has not resolve the problem. (the Gaming 3 equiv. is its newest 'F6' bios).

What would be great is if others with the same Gaming 5 mobo here could please also try too (upgrading to latest BIOS, and re-test). Just to make sure we know either way. Many thanks.

After a few hundred reboots, some magic and some things I'm not even sure about, everything is working again!

And during my investigations I got a theory of why my machine is so dog slow at booting..

When booting in verbose, my screen is FILLED with:

kernel[0]: MT=>Free:bEndMLMEEvent = 0, bEndControlEvent = 0, bEndBulkOutDataEvent = 0, bEndDequeuePacketEvent = 0, bEndLoadFWEvent = 1, bOnAsicSwitchChannel = 0, bOnMlmeHandler = 0

​when opening /var/log/system.log there is literally over 100k entries of that, or:

Mar 23 12:26:30 nineofnine kernel[0]: MT=>Free:bEndMLMEEvent = 0, bEndControlEvent = 0, bEndBulkOutDataEvent = 0, bEndDequeuePacketEvent = 0, bEndLoadFWEvent = 1, bOnAsicSwitchChannel = 0, bOnMlmeHandler = 0

Mar 23 12:27:00 --- last message repeated 5157 times ---

any ideas?

Edit: so apparently it was my RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext that was doing the spewing. Good thing I ordered that TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual-band which is on its way :)

Hello. Have updated to 10.11.4 and now intel graphics is working. However only on HDMI output. There were some no-longer needed kext patches in clover config.plist. So should remove them also if you are using my Gaming 3 EFI folder.

I got on the instructions of "cyberdevs" (re-patch Apple GraphicsDevice His Policy.kext under the Plugins folder inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext and change the default value of the default form graphic controller config2 to none)

changing to Clover_v2.3k_r3368.pkg

I am running three monitors

Grateful to all

PD:I see that mark 4GB of memory, when actually I have 16 GB

I talk too soon:

AUDIO GET DISTORTED under iTunes after 3 minutes of playing ... after having upgraded to 11.4 !!!

Audio is NOT distorted in youtube under Safari, though. Machine in signature ... GA Z170X Gaming 5, i7-6700K, Nvidia GFX 950  .

Are you only having the issue with iTunes? mine gets distorted in VLC as well

EDIT: seems safari is ok as long as i don't use sound flower and audio midi setup to aggregate the sound (which i really need for OBS Studio).

To everyone facing audio issues, have you tried VoodooHDA patcher? It seems more reliable to me than Tolexdo's patch.

Haven't tried it no, might have to depending on my open issue at audio_CloverALC..

@cyperdev just wanted to thank you for your advice with the wifi card, plopped it in and had to do absolutely nothing to get it running ;) And to make things even better, it automatically uses the wifi icon just like on my iMac.

@cyperdev just wanted to thank you for your advice with the wifi card, plopped it in and had to do absolutely nothing to get it running ;) And to make things even better, it automatically uses the wifi icon just like on my iMac.

You're welcome man this wifi card is one of the best devices in a hackintosh. Easy to use and gives you no headache for installing it :)

Guys stop using toledo's script on GA-Z170X it just doesn't work. VoodooHDA IS BETTER!!!!! and more stable

I got on the instructions of "cyberdevs" (re-patch Apple GraphicsDevice His Policy.kext under the Plugins folder inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext and change the default value of the default form graphic controller config2 to none)

changing to Clover_v2.3k_r3368.pkg

I am running three monitors

Grateful to all

PD:I see that mark 4GB of memory, when actually I have 16 GB

Gorki. Use clover configurator and under smbios>memory add your correct memory info and then save and re-start. Remember to provide correct details of your memory info as accurate as you can and leave no field empty.

Hmm. I retested the latest BIOS for Gaming 3 just yesterday (F6). It has not resolve the problem. (the Gaming 3 equiv. is its newest 'F6' bios).

What would be great is if others with the same Gaming 5 mobo here could please also try too (upgrading to latest BIOS, and re-test). Just to make sure we know either way. Many thanks.

hi there I will most definitely try the new BIOS as soon as I get back and let you know if it solved the problem with multiple UEFI entries

hi there I will most definitely try the new BIOS as soon as I get back and let you know if it solved the problem with multiple UEFI entries or not

You're welcome man this wifi card is one of the best devices in a hackintosh. Easy to use and gives you no headache for installing it :)

Guys stop using toledo's script on GA-Z170X it just doesn't work. VoodooHDA IS BETTER!!!!! and more stable

What I really like about it, is that the driver doesn't spew out 50000 lines in my log files (LITERALLY), nor does it make my boot up take 2 minutes extra! :) which my asus usb wifi dongle did, and its about the same price!

I have a few hours to look into VoodooHDA now which i didn't earlier so might have to give it a go :P I'll post my results.

I talk too soon:

OMG dude, https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbardownload the 2.8.8 package, run it and reboot. my sound works now, and not only that it now comes out of the green headphone socket like it should!

again thanks cyberdevs :)

What I really like about it, is that the driver doesn't spew out 50000 lines in my log files (LITERALLY), nor does it make my boot up take 2 minutes extra! :) which my asus usb wifi dongle did, and its about the same price!

I have a few hours to look into VoodooHDA now which i didn't earlier so might have to give it a go :P I'll post my results.

OMG dude, https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbardownload the 2.8.8 package, run it and reboot. my sound works now, and not only that it now comes out of the green headphone socket like it should!

again thanks cyberdevs :)

Sure thing man :)

You are welcome.

Just remember if you stumble upon "athr unknown locale 21" in verbose mode or your system logs here is the fix for it. It doesn't matter wether you apply this patch or not. If you do so the benefit is stopping the logs being cluttered with the "unknown locale 21" error

For more info you can google it :)

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Atheros Locale Fix</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

g/s3

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortAtheros40</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>