Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi, thanks for help

I have followed you intructions and I got sound only after the Switcher was activated. But I only have headphone sound output. I lost HDMI sound and not multichannel sound too.

I show the screen to check.

Spoiler

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-04 a las 20.15.40.png

That's weird. Are you using the latest AppleALC? Which layout-id worked before? What is your subsystem-id?

Spoiler

sys-id.thumb.jpg.1709e76b0ee181f3e7106d2fade9108f.jpg

22 hours ago, wern apfel said:

That's weird. Are you using the latest AppleALC? Which layout-id worked before? What is your subsystem-id?

Reveal hidden contents

sys-id.thumb.jpg.1709e76b0ee181f3e7106d2fade9108f.jpg

Thanks a lot for you time, this is the only place about the CA0132 on the net.

Yes, I have all kexts updated.

The best layout-id that work for me is number 1. But I have lost the rear line speakers. I have hp and when disconnect it automatically I got sound in monitor. But no rear line for speakers.

I do not know how to see "subsystem-id" info. But I show you all the information I know about the audio CA0132.

It seam like some connectors are missing or not addressed correctely. It drives me crazy...

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-06 a las 15.49.01.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-06 a las 15.57.55.png

@MikeSantos Layout 4 should work with subsystem-id "0xa036".

Are you sure that you use the right connectors? The speaker symbol on the back panel is confusing, it's the headphone jack.

If it's properly connected, also try it after sleep, CodecCommander should restore the values.

If it still doesn't work, copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin run the script and show me the output.

Spoiler

BPC_G7.thumb.jpeg.f9895b1f3787cbb37827def8e5a8091e.jpeg

Spoiler

Sound.thumb.jpg.709958eb1a17b292b4d7f11f59f51416.jpg

hda-verb.zip R3Di_params.sh.zip

Edited by wern apfel
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, wern apfel said:

@MikeSantos Layout 4 should work with subsystem-id "0xa036".

Are you sure that you use the right connectors? The speaker symbol on the back panel is confusing, it's the headphone jack.

If it's properly connected, also try it after sleep, CodecCommander should restore the values.

If it still doesn't work, copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin run the script and show me the output.

Reveal hidden contents

BPC_G7.thumb.jpeg.f9895b1f3787cbb37827def8e5a8091e.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Sound.thumb.jpg.709958eb1a17b292b4d7f11f59f51416.jpg

hda-verb.zip 4.62 kB · 1 download R3Di_params.sh.zip 1.38 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for you help.

I have been trying uninstalling and reinstalling the SoundBlaster windows application. After that I did what you asked me for.

With layout-id 4:

-I get rear sound in all the 3 rear multichannel output, exactly in the same order you show me.

-Headphone works too, selecting it with the switcher. 

-microphone does not works in any way

-HDMI works but It is necessary to select it.

With layout-id 1:

-I have rear output (speakers) or headphones with switcher, alternatively.

-Headphones works and when I disconnect it the sound goes to HDMI (screen) and so on.

-microphone works perfectly.

I show you what you asked me anyway. With layout-id 4

Channel StreamID:

DAC 1      = 10

DAC 2      = 30

DAC 3      = 40

S/PDIF     = 50

ADC 1      = 10

ADC 2      = 00

Pin Control:

Speakers   = 00

C/Sub,FHP  = c0

Rears      = 04

Headphone  = c0

Digital    = 40

Microphone = 24

GPIO:

Find GPIOs = 00

Num GPIOs  = 00

Direction  = 1e

Enable     = 1f

Data       = 10

Extensions:

Status     = 01

Param 0xD  = 21

latest ID  = 0d

last Value = 21

Stream 0x14:

Source      = 48

Destination = 70

Enable      = 01

Stream 0x15:

Source      = 49

Destination = 71

Enable      = 01

Stream 0x16:

Source      = 4a

Destination = 72

Enable      = 01

Flags:

Value = 01d31fdd

Thanks a lot.

Edited by MikeSantos

On 3/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, MikeSantos said:

-microphone does not works in any way

Oh, didn't know that I configured the Mic differently. I'll check that.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, MikeSantos said:

-HDMI works but It is necessary to select it.

This is an AppleHDA feature that only works on devices configured as switchable. I think they calling it "Hog Mode"

If you use it often I can make the 1st output as switchable like ID 1.

What about the Mic level? Do you think it's to quiet?

On 3/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, wern apfel said:

This is an AppleHDA feature that only works on devices configured as switchable. I think they calling it "Hog Mode"

If you use it often I can make the 1st output as switchable like ID 1.

Thanks a lot, 

Yes, the idea would be to have all multichannel outputs(5.1) with the characteristics of the layout_id=1. When disconnect HP sound output goes to HDMI. If that were possible. 

On 3/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, wern apfel said:

What about the Mic level? Do you think it's to quiet?

I have not try it, but I see the VU meter in System preferences - sound - output, moving through all the bar. So, I think is ok. I will check deeply anyway.

Maybe, would be better to make a new Layout_id for a new one with all this characteristics? or improving the layout_id 4 (I am speaking without any knowledge)

Thanks a lot for you help.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, MikeSantos said:

Yes, the idea would be to have all multichannel outputs(5.1) with the characteristics of the layout_id=1. When disconnect HP sound output goes to HDMI. If that were possible. 

Ok, try this kext. But keep in mind it only works for rear headphones, the front HP jack shares the pin with C/Stub where we need more than only a change of the pin control. That's the reason why I built the Switcher. I wonder how many times you get up to plug the headphones in and off on the back of your computer?

AppleALC.kext_1.5.9.zip

On 3/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, wern apfel said:

Ok, try this kext. But keep in mind it only works for rear headphones, the front HP jack shares the pin with C/Stub where we need more than only a change of the pin control. That's the reason why I built the Switcher. I wonder how many times you get up to plug the headphones in and off on the back of your computer?

Thanks...

I always use the rear HP plug, and it is because the front plug after Catalina I think stop working for me (even mic), and also I remember that it made much more noise anyway.

Respecting the new AppleALC.kext it does not make any change respect the previous, no multichannel outputs, but still work HP to HDMI when plug out HP.

I am thinking that my MB has something different :/

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, MikeSantos said:

Thanks...

I always use the rear HP plug, and it is because the front plug after Catalina I think stop working for me (even mic), and also I remember that it made much more noise anyway.

Respecting the new AppleALC.kext it does not make any change respect the previous, no multichannel outputs, but still work HP to HDMI when plug out HP.

I am thinking that my MB has something different :/

Thanks a lot

Ok, try this one. Also you can try the script to see if pin sense is working for all ports.

AppleALC.kext_1.6.0.zip pinsense.sh.zip

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, wern apfel said:

Ok, try this one. Also you can try the script to see if pin sense is working for all ports.

AppleALC.kext_1.6.0.zip 1.21 MB · 3 downloads pinsense.sh.zip 1.03 kB · 2 downloads

Hi, thanks a lot.

I would like to inform you that AppleALC.kext v.1.6 does not works for me. No audio recognition. I had tried when updated OpenCore I had to use the v.1.59 again.

I do not know whats is wrong with v.1.6 but for me it does not work.

749128955_Capturadepantalla2021-05-05alas16_59_51.png.3ce9133949653a6ebe967dd4ef125989.png

Thanks for you help for people with our audio chip :)

Edited by MikeSantos

2 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi, thanks a lot.

I would like to inform you that AppleALC.kext v.1.6 does not works for me. No audio recognition. I had tried when updated OpenCore I had to use the v.1.59 again.

I do not know whats is wrong with v.1.6 but for me it does not work.

749128955_Capturadepantalla2021-05-05alas16_59_51.png.3ce9133949653a6ebe967dd4ef125989.png

Thanks for you help for people with our audio chip :)

Do you use the latest Lilu

For the script to work, CodecCommander must be loaded and hda-verb at /usr/local/bin

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

Do you use the latest Lilu

For the script to work, CodecCommander must be loaded and hda-verb at /usr/local/bin

I have to tell you sorry, I was confused....

What does not work is HDMI audio when using AppleALC.kext v.1.6 and yes I am using last Lilu.kext

Other weird thing when I use you script(now works with Codecommander loaded) is that although the front HP is detected it does not have sound output(same with front mic)

The rest of the connectors are ok, motherboard connectors I mean.

Thanks

Edited by MikeSantos

20 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Other weird thing when I use you script(now works with Codecommander loaded) is that although the front HP is detected it does not have sound output(same with front mic)

Do you mean no sound or no pinsense (with the script)? Does layout 4 not work like layout 1 HP/Speaker related?

2 hours ago, wern apfel said:

Do you mean no sound or no pinsense (with the script)? Does layout 4 not work like layout 1 HP/Speaker related?

Hi, 

Yes pinsense is ok. But no sound although I can hear some noise of audio.(Much more than the normal HP noise)

No, any louyout get sound from front connectors(front pc case)

And with AppleALC.kext V. 1.6 no HDMI audio. That is very weird, ins't?

Thanks a lot

Hi, 

Yes pinsense is ok. But no sound although I can hear some noise of audio.(Much more than the normal HP noise)

No, any louyout get sound from front connectors(front pc case)

And with AppleALC.kext V. 1.6 no HDMI audio. That is very weird, ins't?

Thanks a lot

Try this CodecCommander

CodecCommander.kext.zip

19 hours ago, wern apfel said:

Hi...

No, I have tried with layout 1 and 4, but front connectors no sound, only a bit of noise :/

What do you think the problem of HDMI with the new AppleALC?

My z170x gaming 7 seems to be a bit different because it has some issues with compatibilities.....

3 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi...

No, I have tried with layout 1 and 4, but front connectors no sound, only a bit of noise :/

With layout 1 you can select the front HP in the Prefpane. With layout 4, select the first device and use the switcher, where both headphones should work at the same time.

What do you think the problem of HDMI with the new AppleALC?

Does it work with 1.5.9? according to this comment it was not working before 1.5.9

My z170x gaming 7 seems to be a bit different because it has some issues with compatibilities.....

I still own the Z170X gaming 7, I will try it tomorrow.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:44 PM, wern apfel said:

I still own the Z170X gaming 7, I will try it tomorrow.

I was wrong it's the Z270X gaming7 but the codec is the same.

To See if pin sense works on each jack, disconnect them all and run the script, all jacks should output zero. Then connect one by on and see if the value changes to 80

Watch the video. Is it that what you mean? 

On 5/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, wern apfel said:

I was wrong it's the Z270X gaming7 but the codec is the same.

To See if pin sense works on each jack, disconnect them all and run the script, all jacks should output zero. Then connect one by on and see if the value changes to 80

Watch the video. Is it that what you mean? 

Screen Recording.mov

Thanks a lot for you help...

Well, I have done everything you said, all pin are ok, are detected and it is switchable HP/Rear Speakers like you video ( in you video show HP/HDMI I think because you do not have speakers plug in. Some time it change like you too)

Also with the Switcher I can have front HP.(good...!!!)

But what I lost with Id-layout 4 is Mic, both rear and front using the switch, no way to have signal and the pin senser show a value of 80....  :/

P.S:
All this is done with AppleALC.kext V 1.59 because if I use V.1.6 I lose HDMI sound output.

It is very weird what happen with AppleALC V.1.6, ins't? and with the Mic input.

Thanks

Edited by MikeSantos

6 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Thanks a lot for you help...

Well, I have done everything you said, all pin are ok, are detected and it is switchable HP/Rear Speakers like you video ( in you video show HP/HDMI I think because you do not have speakers plug in. Some time it change like you too)

Also with the Switcher I can have front HP.(good...!!!)

But what I lost with Id-layout 4 is Mic, both rear and front using the switch, no way to have signal and the pin senser show a value of 80....  :/

P.S:
All this is done with AppleALC.kext V 1.59 because if I use V.1.6 I lose HDMI sound output.

It is very weird what happen with AppleALC V.1.6, ins't? and with the Mic input.

Thanks

This is AppleALC 1.6 without that patch, try it.

AppleALC.kext.zip

3 hours ago, wern apfel said:

This is AppleALC 1.6 without that patch, try it.

AppleALC.kext.zip 1.21 MB · 1 download

Thanks...!

Well, now HDMI is ok with you customized AppleAlc.kext.

But MIC still broken up but the pin senser shows that is connected.

1114045156_Capturadepantalla2021-05-10alas22_19_09.png.119c71389050eec06bf34d696e8a5325.png

Also, the rear speakers have change to the second line. When I disconnect HP no sound from that line, I need to select de second line to get sound.( I checked the rear connectors panel)

Some improvements have been reached to the perfection :) 

Maybe the connectors can be redirected ..? and mic is broken with layout 4.

Thanks a lot .... 

Edited by MikeSantos

On 5/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, MikeSantos said:

Also, the rear speakers have change to the second line. When I disconnect HP no sound from that line, I need to select de second line to get sound.( I checked the rear connectors panel)

The switcher does not work well with headphones in switch mode, I'll try to correct that.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, MikeSantos said:

Maybe the connectors can be redirected ..? and mic is broken with layout 4.

The outputs can be redirected. So far I know, in a 5.1 system C/Sub is the last device? Is it that what you want to change?

The microphone works on a Z270X G7, which I think has the same codec. Does the switcher affect the microphone. Are you sure that the front panel is HD and not AC97?

5 hours ago, wern apfel said:

The switcher does not work well with headphones in switch mode, I'll try to correct that.

Well, I tried without CodecCommander.kext nor Switcher and everything is ok now, except the Mic which still does not work.

Now when I disconnect the HP, in its same line works the rear speakers, so now it is ok.

there is something weird, the c/sub output the volume is lower than the other two. 

If it weren't for the mic, it would have been perfect ...!!!!

Maybe the new AppleAlc.kext V.1.6 has change something like it happened with HDMI sound (???)

Thanks a lot...!!!

Well, I tried without CodecCommander.kext nor Switcher and everything is ok now, except the Mic which still does not work.

You need CC, to restore the values after wakeup, use the one I last uploaded. Can you run the script I uploaded again? Also try to plug in the headphones to the microphone jack to see if that works. As microphone of course.

there is something weird, the c/sub output the volume is lower than the other two. 

You mean when you use the device aggregate? That can be corrected, I give you a tool for that.