Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

833 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi, thanks for help

I have followed you intructions and I got sound only after the Switcher was activated. But I only have headphone sound output. I lost HDMI sound and not multichannel sound too.

I show the screen to check.

Spoiler

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-04 a las 20.15.40.png

That's weird. Are you using the latest AppleALC? Which layout-id worked before? What is your subsystem-id?

Spoiler

sys-id.thumb.jpg.1709e76b0ee181f3e7106d2fade9108f.jpg

22 hours ago, wern apfel said:

That's weird. Are you using the latest AppleALC? Which layout-id worked before? What is your subsystem-id?

Reveal hidden contents

sys-id.thumb.jpg.1709e76b0ee181f3e7106d2fade9108f.jpg

Thanks a lot for you time, this is the only place about the CA0132 on the net.

Yes, I have all kexts updated.

The best layout-id that work for me is number 1. But I have lost the rear line speakers. I have hp and when disconnect it automatically I got sound in monitor. But no rear line for speakers.

I do not know how to see "subsystem-id" info. But I show you all the information I know about the audio CA0132.

It seam like some connectors are missing or not addressed correctely. It drives me crazy...

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-06 a las 15.49.01.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-06 a las 15.57.55.png

Posted (edited)

@MikeSantos Layout 4 should work with subsystem-id "0xa036".

Are you sure that you use the right connectors? The speaker symbol on the back panel is confusing, it's the headphone jack.

If it's properly connected, also try it after sleep, CodecCommander should restore the values.

If it still doesn't work, copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin run the script and show me the output.

Spoiler

BPC_G7.thumb.jpeg.f9895b1f3787cbb37827def8e5a8091e.jpeg

Spoiler

Sound.thumb.jpg.709958eb1a17b292b4d7f11f59f51416.jpg

hda-verb.zip R3Di_params.sh.zip

Edited by wern apfel
On 3/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, wern apfel said:

@MikeSantos Layout 4 should work with subsystem-id "0xa036".

Are you sure that you use the right connectors? The speaker symbol on the back panel is confusing, it's the headphone jack.

If it's properly connected, also try it after sleep, CodecCommander should restore the values.

If it still doesn't work, copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin run the script and show me the output.

Reveal hidden contents

BPC_G7.thumb.jpeg.f9895b1f3787cbb37827def8e5a8091e.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Sound.thumb.jpg.709958eb1a17b292b4d7f11f59f51416.jpg

hda-verb.zip 4.62 kB · 1 download R3Di_params.sh.zip 1.38 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for you help.

I have been trying uninstalling and reinstalling the SoundBlaster windows application. After that I did what you asked me for.

With layout-id 4:

-I get rear sound in all the 3 rear multichannel output, exactly in the same order you show me.

-Headphone works too, selecting it with the switcher. 

-microphone does not works in any way

-HDMI works but It is necessary to select it.

With layout-id 1:

-I have rear output (speakers) or headphones with switcher, alternatively.

-Headphones works and when I disconnect it the sound goes to HDMI (screen) and so on.

-microphone works perfectly.

I show you what you asked me anyway. With layout-id 4

Channel StreamID:

DAC 1      = 10

DAC 2      = 30

DAC 3      = 40

S/PDIF     = 50

ADC 1      = 10

ADC 2      = 00

Pin Control:

Speakers   = 00

C/Sub,FHP  = c0

Rears      = 04

Headphone  = c0

Digital    = 40

Microphone = 24

GPIO:

Find GPIOs = 00

Num GPIOs  = 00

Direction  = 1e

Enable     = 1f

Data       = 10

Extensions:

Status     = 01

Param 0xD  = 21

latest ID  = 0d

last Value = 21

Stream 0x14:

Source      = 48

Destination = 70

Enable      = 01

Stream 0x15:

Source      = 49

Destination = 71

Enable      = 01

Stream 0x16:

Source      = 4a

Destination = 72

Enable      = 01

Flags:

Value = 01d31fdd

Thanks a lot.

Edited by MikeSantos
On 3/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, MikeSantos said:

-microphone does not works in any way

Oh, didn't know that I configured the Mic differently. I'll check that.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, MikeSantos said:

-HDMI works but It is necessary to select it.

This is an AppleHDA feature that only works on devices configured as switchable. I think they calling it "Hog Mode"

If you use it often I can make the 1st output as switchable like ID 1.

What about the Mic level? Do you think it's to quiet?

On 3/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, wern apfel said:

This is an AppleHDA feature that only works on devices configured as switchable. I think they calling it "Hog Mode"

If you use it often I can make the 1st output as switchable like ID 1.

Thanks a lot, 

Yes, the idea would be to have all multichannel outputs(5.1) with the characteristics of the layout_id=1. When disconnect HP sound output goes to HDMI. If that were possible. 

On 3/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, wern apfel said:

What about the Mic level? Do you think it's to quiet?

I have not try it, but I see the VU meter in System preferences - sound - output, moving through all the bar. So, I think is ok. I will check deeply anyway.

Maybe, would be better to make a new Layout_id for a new one with all this characteristics? or improving the layout_id 4 (I am speaking without any knowledge)

Thanks a lot for you help.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, MikeSantos said:

Yes, the idea would be to have all multichannel outputs(5.1) with the characteristics of the layout_id=1. When disconnect HP sound output goes to HDMI. If that were possible. 

Ok, try this kext. But keep in mind it only works for rear headphones, the front HP jack shares the pin with C/Stub where we need more than only a change of the pin control. That's the reason why I built the Switcher. I wonder how many times you get up to plug the headphones in and off on the back of your computer?

AppleALC.kext_1.5.9.zip

On 3/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, wern apfel said:

Ok, try this kext. But keep in mind it only works for rear headphones, the front HP jack shares the pin with C/Stub where we need more than only a change of the pin control. That's the reason why I built the Switcher. I wonder how many times you get up to plug the headphones in and off on the back of your computer?

Thanks...

I always use the rear HP plug, and it is because the front plug after Catalina I think stop working for me (even mic), and also I remember that it made much more noise anyway.

Respecting the new AppleALC.kext it does not make any change respect the previous, no multichannel outputs, but still work HP to HDMI when plug out HP.

I am thinking that my MB has something different :/

Thanks a lot