Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cephrus

Audio Driver (AppleHDA) for Realtek ALC898 Not Working

2 posts in this topic

I can very easily get 10.11 to install and start on my computer (Intel i7-4770, GA-Z87X-UD3H). Expectedly, my audio is not working, so I installed the ALC898 driver in the Clover guide and restarted my computer.

This is where the issues start.

Installing the audio driver broke my internet, connected through the ethernet port on the back of my computer. I couldn't test the audio driver because iTunes didn't play any audio file (clicking play changed the button to pause, but it never started playing).

I went back into the Clover post-install and installed a network driver for my mobo. I rebooted, and my computer hangs on the NTFS initialization. There is no error; just it saying that NTFS couldn't mount.

Advertisement

I have the same motherboard as you, but I have no experience in El Capitan, though I know a bit about Clover. Go into M-u-l-t-i-b-e-a-s-t and select ALC898 and check 'EFI Bootloaders' Try reinstalling OS X and try that. As for your iTunes issue, try opening the mp3 file in QuickTime.

Hope I could help,

- Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By noisegate
      Hi,

I use AppleALC v1.3.5, I can see the device in system info but no sound. Any idea?

Thanks!

• By AppleVegas
      Hello! I was trying to install hackintosh a while ago and today I decided to install it today.
      I am able to boot it, I installed OS but have problems with iGPU. It has only 4mb vram.
      I did almost everything, I installed whatevergreen, used special clover config, but nothing. I've only got it to recognize my igpu.

I have a laptop with this specs:
      Laptop brand name: Lenovo G50-80
      iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500 -- Only shows 4mb of vram
      CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz
      dGPU: AMD Radeon R5 M230 or AMD Radeon HD 8500m (it has two brand names lol) -- will be really glad if you tell me how to launch it in High Sierra with my iGPU, now I can't even load OS when I have discrete GPU enabled
      RAM: 6GB ddr3
      Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 -- On the way to enable it
      Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x -- Managed to enable it

P.S: In the windows I can see that my iGPU has Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

Any help? I think you are only my savers

• By moosh
      Trying to use both the Kext Updater tool and Clover Configurator, I'm having trouble with installing the latest version of Clover so that I can update to 14.1.3.

When I run the check to see if there are any new versions, I find that I am running 4820 and the newest version is 4871. So I run the installer, check off what I want to install, the install goes and says it's completed successfully. Upon reboot though, I see that I'm still on version 4820. The weird thing that I've noticed is that when I'm running the installer, it completely skips over the destination selection and there's no way for me to go back and select my HD. I have two drives that are fused together... could it be that it's installing it but to the wrong location? It's probably also worth noting that I've tried using both the Package and CLOVERX64 radial button in CC. Neither seem to do the trick.

I've also tried manually downloading the clover.pkg from Sourceforge and manually installing it and I encounter the same issue. 

Thoughts or advice? Thanks!!
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

Installer to activate the sound card REALTEK ALC282-v2 (10ec:0282) with LayoutID 1 or 3 in MacOS. This installer does not contain AppleHDA patched Kext. To work properly, it must be installed over vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

Speakers : OK Headphones : OK HDMI Audio : OK (Intel HD4K Tested) LineIn : N/A (Model Without LineIn) MicInt : OK MicIntNoiseReduction : OK MicExt : N/A (Model Without MicExt) AutoDetectLineIn : N/A (Model Without LineIn) Sleep : OK WakeUp : OK AutoSleep : OK Hibernate : OK Siri : OK   Tested Laptops:

- HP Pavillion 15-D002SS

Coming Soon:

- Unified installer for the different supported operating systems.
      - Support model with LineIn jack.

Modified Verbs:
      01271C20 01271D00 01271EA0 01271F90 01471C10 01471D00 01471E17 01471F90 01871CF0 01871D00 01871E00 01871F40 01E71CF0 01E71D00 01E71E00 01E71F40 02171C30 02171D10 02171E21 02171F00 01470C02   DSDT:

Patch to apply with MaciASL in your DSDT
      ######################################### HDEF v1.00######################################## into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;into device label HDEF insertbeginMethod (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n{\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n //"layout-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n })\n}\nend;