[Sell] iBook G3

BlackShadowWolf

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, Im thinking of selling my iBook G3 as unfortunately Im a little strapped for cash and need to sell something. Now to make it perfectly clear, This is not a defininte off unless someone is interested in it and we talk personally, as in PM or IM etc. Unfortunately I do not have the iBook with me either to upload a pic, but next Saturday I should be able to snap a quick one for it. Im gonna do specs, upgrades, software.

Specs:

iBook specs

In a few short words,

Clamshell baby Tangerine

G3 processer @ 300Mhz

320MB RAM

10GB Harddrive

USB, Audio out

24X CD-ROM drive

56k modem, ethernet

Airport Card

Decent charged battery and AC Adapter-sensor doesnt work for battery level, but warns when low ~1 hour charge i think.

Upgrades:

Added the 256MB to make it 320MB

upgraded the harddrive to 10GB

replaced CD-ROM drive with same(stock model)

Software:

Mac OS 9.2.2-->iMac install disk, but works fine

Mac OS X 10.3.5-->eMac install disk but works fine

Extras CD with Microsoft Office 2001, other {censored} that I can find that will make your day easier.

The harddrive will be zeroed and formatted before i ship it so you can decide what OS you want. It does have some trouble reading some cds, not sure why. mainly doesn't like writeable cds, but depends on cd used.

Problems:

Ok there are relatively few problems, but here they are because i dont hide stuff like that.

*Bezel makes popping noise when opening and closing, apparently I didnt put things together right after I replaced the harddrive, but nothing physical seems wrong with it, feel free to try and fix it, probably is something small.

*CD ROM doesnt read some cds, depends on cd used. Sometimes will not open physically, playing with it usually gets it to open, being gentle and patient is the best.

*some keys pop off, have them taped though can still come off.

*Spacebar sometimes jams

Price I paid ~Estimate based off PayPal records~:

$160.50 for the original iBook on ebay.

$25.00 for CD drive

$55.00 for Harddrive

$60.00 for RAM and two OSes combined

$25.00 for Microsoft Office

I would prefer PayPal payment as it is quick and instant.

Prefer United States address so I can guarentee it will make it safely.

Once again I am only considering selling it at this time as I am not sure if I am ready to give her up as shes stilling going strong and want her to have a good home. Thanks for Understanding. All questions, etc can be posted here. DO NOT PM me yet, post if you are considering it and I will PM you so in case I do not want to sell it in the end I wont have to send lots of PMs out. Thanks :2cents:

On a side story I brought it into the Apple Store to get some help with the RAM and the genius that was helping me couldnt put it down for like 5 minutes as he said he hadnt seen one in ages, it has some coolness value to ;).

Dude, I'm looking at them online and I'm seeing iBook G3's in white with 700 or 800 mhz processors and 384 MB RAM.

I bought my iBook G3 online with a 14" screen for that price, you're gonna have to lower it, and then I may be *very* interested.

Dude, I'm looking at them online and I'm seeing iBook G3's in white with 700 or 800 mhz processors and 384 MB RAM.

I bought my iBook G3 online with a 14" screen for that price, you're gonna have to lower it, and then I may be *very* interested.

Having checked eBay prices I can verify that you are correct on the price, I guess EveryMac.com likes to overcharge people as it says its worth at least $275-$375 ;).

Ok new pricing scheme is as follows, I hope its more reasonable :).

PS: Shipping wont be bad if in US, max I'll ask for is probably $10-15. I'll probably ship it via USPS.

Edit: Im 95% positive I still have everything I listed software wise, but I wont know til the 27th. So take this as whats going into it, if I cant find everything I'll lower the price respectfully to whats missing.

Edit 2: Updated price

This would just be a toy for me, and while I am interested, I'm not sure I just have $250 to blow on a toy right now, but thank you for the offer! :thumbsdown_anim:

This would just be a toy for me, and while I am interested, I'm not sure I just have $250 to blow on a toy right now, but thank you for the offer! :whistle:

Aww thats fine, I know $250 seems a little much but you- as in potential buyers- have to understand as I put a lot of money into upgrading it, including the harddrive which was the most expensive because I had to buy the right tools and everything else for it. All Im looking for is a reasonable price because it can be used for more than just a toy, Office 2001 and Office X work good on it, iTunes plays well, as well as internet. Its the perfect work laptop as its silent, light, and overall cool looking :thumbsdown_anim:.

Edit pricing one more time:

absolute lowest price for everything is $200 plus shipping.

-->You can choose 1 OS to have with it. Everything else is included.

Prefered new price is $225 plus shipping.

-->Get everything listed originally.

Cool price is $250 plus shipping.

-->You'll get Mac OS X 10.2 along with everything else listed originally, as well as a thank you card in the box for being so nice :gun: .

Ok anyone that is interested in purchasing the iBook can PM and we can discuss the price. If I dont get any bids by the Monday, I'll probably take it off here so I can try to sell it locally :D.

No longer for sale. Mods please lock this thread thanks :thumbsdown_anim:.