AnssaienlyMac

OS X El Capitan - Successful Install on X99A SLI PLUS i7 5820K Haswell-E

3 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Managed to make Apple Store work for the first time ever! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext first so it can be assigned to "en0", then I installed my USB WIFI dongle(Brand: Netis. Chipset: Realtek RTL8192CU8).
Tried to patch AppleHDA.kext for my ALC892. I can see 4 outputs and 2 input. Only one input works. Everything else doesn't work. I'm still working on it. 

Hello, everyone!

For those who were having problems installing OS X El Capitan on X99A SLI Plus with Core i7 5820K Haswell-E, here's how I fixed it: 
First of all, I used the RAW USB image from this link: (thepiratebay is down at the moment, just go to thepiratebay.com and it will redirect to the current domain they're using, then type 'el capitan intel pcs' and download the most seeded file you find at the top of the results.) 
The thing about this image is that it can be installed via Windows using Win32 Disk Imager, for those who want to install OS X for the first time or their OS X got damaged and it cannot be recovered. 
I used a version of FakeSMC.kext(see attachments) I found by chance, and I replaced the other FakeSMC.kext stored in the USB EFI partition via Windows. (EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11/)
In addition to that, I removed Voodoo PS2 controller kext--just to be safe--because I've been having KPs because of it since 2009 on OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. 

For boot args, I used: -v npci=0x2000
I also enabled Haswell-E patch. 
If I don't replace FakeSMC.kext with the one attached, I get a KP concerning CPUSensors.kext plugin which can be found inside FakeSMC.kext. 

I hope this helps.

(Posting this from OS X El Capitan)

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Advertisement

Hi, is it pretty stable so far?  

I have a 5820k with a Gigabyte X99 UD3 motherboard and a GTX 780

I am worried it won't be stable as Yosemite 10.5 

UPDATE: Managed to make Apple Store work for the first time ever! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext first so it can be assigned to "en0", then I installed my USB WIFI dongle(Brand: Netis. Chipset: Realtek RTL8192CU8).

Tried to patch AppleHDA.kext for my ALC892. I can see 4 outputs and 2 input. Only one input works. Everything else doesn't work. I'm still working on it. 

Hello, everyone!

For those who were having problems installing OS X El Capitan on X99A SLI Plus with Core i7 5820K Haswell-E, here's how I fixed it: 

First of all, I used the RAW USB image from this link: (thepiratebay is down at the moment, just go to thepiratebay.com and it will redirect to the current domain they're using, then type 'el capitan intel pcs' and download the most seeded file you find at the top of the results.) 

The thing about this image is that it can be installed via Windows using Win32 Disk Imager, for those who want to install OS X for the first time or their OS X got damaged and it cannot be recovered. 

I used a version of FakeSMC.kext(see attachments) I found by chance, and I replaced the other FakeSMC.kext stored in the USB EFI partition via Windows. (EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11/)

In addition to that, I removed Voodoo PS2 controller kext--just to be safe--because I've been having KPs because of it since 2009 on OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. 

For boot args, I used: -v npci=0x2000

I also enabled Haswell-E patch. 

If I don't replace FakeSMC.kext with the one attached, I get a KP concerning CPUSensors.kext plugin which can be found inside FakeSMC.kext. 

I hope this helps.

(Posting this from OS X El Capitan)

PLZ SEND ME FULL GUIDE IM TRY BUT CANT INSTALL MY MSI X99A SLI PLUS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By clockT
      sono un pò arrugginito ..e volevo chiedere un aiuto su come installare opencore anzichè clover. ho provato ma dopo il post installazione riesco solo a far partire catalina tramite pendrive. quale congifurazione sbaglio?
      EFI.zip

• By Andres ZeroCross
      First my Old Threads is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308178-el-capitan-wih-i7-6700-skylake-gigabyte-ga-z170-hd3-palit-jetstream-gtx960/

My Computer Specifications
      1. Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
      2. Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-HD3
      3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
      4. Wifi Card ; TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      5. PCI-E to Sata = Bafo PCI-e to 2 Sata3 and 2 e-Sata
      6. PCI to USB 2.0 - NEC Chipset
      7. Main Harddisk Harddisk : Fujitsu SSD 120GB + Seagate 500GB that plug into Bafo PCIe to Sata3
      8. Other Harddisk : Natno SSD 12GB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, all of it are plug into onboard Sata Chipset Controller (But Unknow at El Capitan / 10th Intel Chipset)
      9. RAM : Team 3000Mhz 8GB (2x4GB)
      10. Display : Asus VN248H
      11. Clover version : 3280

My Step :
      1. Because Internal Sata Chipset and USB 3.0 are not supported yet, so i clone my Fujitsu 120GB SSD from my Hacbook Asus X455LA that already installed El Capitan Build 15B30a with Carbon Copy Cloner
      2. I use MacPro 6.1 as SMBIOS and use FakeCPUIID of Intel 4790k (0x0306C3)
      3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.
      4. I try boot from USB that already install Clover 3280 and it boot. I use "-v nv_disable=1 dart=0"
      5. Then at desktop, i install nvidia web driver 346.03.02F02 (before that you need to modif it,, use pkgutil --expand bla bla ba,, google it and change required os to "15B" then use pkgutl --flatten bla bla to repackage) then i change info plist from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist and change line that contain board-id of MacPro 6.1 from Config2 to none
      6. Then i install that kext,, and restart
      7. i use "-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 and it will need more time than usual to get login form,, yeah i did it. But there is some bugs

Bugs :
      1. Internal sata is not function
      2. USB 3.0 is error too,,  at verbose i see "error mantisa log"
      3. Sometimes my system get freeze for a few seconds. I thinks this is error from Nvidia web driver,, i see nvdia error log from "sudo dmesg"

At last,, sorry for my bad english
      Thanks

This is for screenshots

I upload my IOREG and DSDT

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip