powerpc emulator

10 posts in this topic

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, but can i get a virtualpc type program that emulates another mac? i would like to run os8/os9 on it. i've just bought a powerbook g4 and would like to try out the old os's

You might also want to check out Mac-on-Mac. It will let you run anything from OS 9 to 10.3 natively right alongside your current OS. You can also run different versions of PPC Linux. :)

According to their FAQ, MacOnMac won't even run on Tiger, nor will Tiger run inside it :(

Neither Mac-on-Mac is working on Mac OS X Tiger nor you can install Tiger in a MoM VM.

Not to mention the fact that it seems development has stopped, last update was July 11, 2005, well over a year ago.

According to their FAQ, MacOnMac won't even run on Tiger, nor will Tiger run inside it :(

Not to mention the fact that it seems development has stopped, last update was July 11, 2005, well over a year ago.

Yes, but bigeasy never mentions which OS is currently running on the PowerBook. I use this on my iBook G3 and it works great. :)