duduclx

[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6410 Nvidia El Capitan Clover [ENG]

217 posts in this topic

ACPIBatteryManager.kext doesn't seem to work under 10.11.2 in my case. Anyone a solution for this ?

Bart

No, Sorry, you miss-understood, the final install WILL be on a E6410, but the initial build of the El Capitan USB install (Steps 1 and 2, etc) is being created from a Virtual MAC, as I don't have a real mac, hence trying to install it on a E6410. Does that make more sense?

Hi Peejaygee; My experience so far with Virtual machines have not been successful at all...

Advertisement

So, statistically, what is the chances of getting someone to create a USB Image and upload it somewhere, like a site that will support upto 50gig files? then I could download it dump it to my USB pen and then just change the .plist to suit?

I have no real Mac computer.

All my computers are running Mac OS X El capitan 10.11.2

That doesn't affect the creation of the usb installer.

There is no sense to upload a disk image of the usb installer.

Boot in verbose, show errors, share you efi folder.

@bart: this is surely dsdt.

If in config.plist from clover you have no fix regions and fix rtc the driver should run and battery management works.

Share your dsdt or try mine.

Boot in verbose, show errors, share you efi folder.

Not to sound dumb, but how do I do that? I'm guessing it from a choice in the sub-menus I can pick before I hit enter?

Guys am working abroad 6 days; will catch up with you next week.... Happy experimenting :)

Bart

Not to sound dumb, but how do I do that? I'm guessing it from a choice in the sub-menus I can pick before I hit enter?

when on clover, press the space bar, choose option boot in verbose mode.

take a picture with camera !

did you try others usb port ?

Guys am working abroad 6 days; will catch up with you next week.... Happy experimenting :)

Bart

no more experimenting for me since a long time.

i use my dell (at this moment) everyday, and that's working perfectly.

the only missing part is hdmi audio, but i don't use this

about dock station, no one here answered me, i don't use it, so it's useless to spend time on it.

i think you have to dump your dsdt, patch it with provided patches, and see if baterry is working.

please, share here your dsdt and ioreg

cheers

ACPIBatteryManager.kext doesn't seem to work under 10.11.2 in my case. Anyone a solution for this ?

I had a look to your alesis dsdt.

it's look to be a dell E6410 dsdt, but not all patches are applied.

(still have warning when compiling, no bat1 patch, no fn keys patch, bad hdef audio patch ... etc)

that's normal that battery management doesn't work because of bat1 patch not applied.

dump your dsdt, or use alesis one, but apply all patches provided.

this is only a copy/paste to do !

and more, in you clover config.plist, there is new fix and fix regions, you have to uncheck this to have working battery management !

see clover configuration part from the guide.

you'd better use the package files provided to have working dsdt and config.plist.

about config.plist, you have to change the serial (one of the three last letter) to not have the same as others.

Ok, so it still failed.

Other usb port (right hand side) on a USB 2.0 card and it still failed.

Pictures are attached and EFI attached. (linked)

http://pjg-developments.com/efi/20160109_210754_s.jpg

http://pjg-developments.com/efi/20160109_210821_s.jpg

http://pjg-developments.com/efi/20160109_210852_s.jpg

in case hotlinking is a problem http://pjg-developments.com/efi/allthreepics.zip

http://pjg-developments.com/efi/efi.zip

your efi.zip link is bad.

pictures show a "missing bluetooth controller transport"

many things may cause that:

1/ bad fakesmc.kext version

2/ not the same gpu as us (nvidia nvs 3100M)

3/ bad clover config.plist

use provided package files.

@to_all:

that's normal to have troubles if you don't follow the guide, all problems you had have solution explained in the guide.

please, read carefully, do all steps !

you have trouble to understand or to do particulary step, just say, i'll try to explain it better.

I will not repeat the guide in several post !

if you use config.plist provided on the package files, it says to change serial.

you can do it manually by changing last three letters, or click magic wand.

this serial is used to imessage/facetime verification, and duplicate serial will block it !

cheers

Isn't it simple enough to attach pics to this forum rather than linking to external sites ?

decent.png

Pretty decent image hoster

post #59

"in case hotlinking is a problem http://pjg-developme...llthreepics.zip"

Isn't it simple enough to attach pics to this forum rather than linking to external sites ?

Just to answer all your questions,

1 ) My site goes through cloudflare

2 ) Last night they were having an issue with their 'hotlink protection'

3 ) I've been able to access it today and turn off hotlinking, so I have edited my post to allow the pictures to display.

Now, back to the issue.

So, first question, the changes to the config.plist, Am I building a config.plist from scratch, turning on and off items in your guide, or am I taking the config.plist that is created and changing to match your changes in the guide?

Second question, does the config.plist get modified by the installer? as the first I tried to boot it and it failed, it DIDN'T have 'Happy New Year!' on the initial try, but reseting it, then says 'Happy New' Year' on the boot theme?

I am happy to do a windows install and something like CPUID to provide you with a dump, or will that not help?

If I have a Intel HD Graphics card, am I outta luck? The reason I say this installing Windows 7 on the E6410 (as I have two) and it starts off with a Intel HD, my other E6410 has the nividia, how can they be so different, yet the same model?

I tried another install, taking the original plist and amending it, and it too failed.

I'm wondering it is the hackintosh that I'm using to create the initial build. I'm going to try to locate another version and work from that.

1st gen Intel HD model uses eDP display connector which means it cannot benefit from full graphics acceleration, only partial; that makes it an unsuitable platform for a decent Hackintosh, unless you're happy running it like a semi-dead dog. Do you research, this has been quite extensively covered in the past, here and at other places...

To be honest with you, the only reason I am wanting to have a 'hackintosh' is for testing purposes with Gamemaker Studio (which has a MAC Export option), I'm not planning on doing anything else with it. But now you have point this little fact out, I'll look for 'other' tutorials/guides on getting it installed.

Thanks guys for the time.

Hi All -- back home with some time for this project....

@duduclx; I understand you do not use the audio on your E6410; Is it a lot of work to patch that ? In my case my son will use the E6410 and I want him to be educated with all the David Bowie music around ;-) ....

I will try to make it work as well, but my knowledge is not (yet) sufficient....

Nice evening,

Bart

Cool; I re-run the config.plist as per duducls's guide here on the first page, and now I have the battery indicator intermittently working; sometimes it gives a 'X' in the battery indicator, and then when I go to the preferences panel it starts to work again... interesting, not too important though.

Anybody working on the audio patch ?

Cheers, Salut, Bart

Audio is working.

Hdmi audio don't work.

We surely can make it work (still using voodoohda) with useintelhdmi in clover audio patch part.

(Not tested)

Waiting for new way of applehda patch by mirone.

All needed files have been added to applehda patch request.

About battery issue.

You have to patch correctly the dsdt.

See my previous message.

Alesis one have bat0 and bat1.

This may make error to retrieve battery status.

The patch "erase" the bat1.

And then the battery status is working perfectly.

Audio is working.

Hdmi audio don't work.

We surely can make it work (still using voodoohda) with useintelhdmi in clover audio patch part.

(Not tested)

Waiting for new way of applehda patch by mirone.

All needed files have been added to applehda patch request.

About battery issue.

You have to patch correctly the dsdt.

See my previous message.

Alesis one have bat0 and bat1.

This may make error to retrieve battery status.

The patch "erase" the bat1.

And then the battery status is working perfectly.

Hi Duduclx; Thanks for your info again; I managed the battery indicator to work; Another bit solved  :)  

2 things are not working yet; my "Normal Audio"; I might have inserted the wrong audio kext for this. Is there a particular kext I need to insert ?

And after I got the battery indicator to work, I notice the computer does not shut down anymore...

What to do :-)

Cheers, Bart

Hi Duduclx; Thanks for your info again; I managed the battery indicator to work; Another bit solved   :)

2 things are not working yet; my "Normal Audio"; I might have inserted the wrong audio kext for this. Is there a particular kext I need to insert ?

And after I got the battery indicator to work, I notice the computer does not shut down anymore...

What to do :-)

Cheers, Bart

Update; I succeeded in getting the audio to work with the audio pkg file from your package Dudclx; Great!

The last thing to fix is that the laptop doesn't shut down; if you select shutdown, it ends in a black screen, but the computer stays powered on.

Could I have made an error in the settings, because it did shut down properly before.

Salut, Bart

Here is a screen dump of the last bit of text before the screen goes dark. Any idea ?

fixedregions is off in config.plist

Thanks, Merci,

Bart

post-1584845-0-48613600-1452776530_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that guide. I have a E6510 - but this is pretty similar machine - just 17' display.

I have managed to enable audio in a very simple form:

Edit the config.plist:

remove from

Devices - Audio - Inject (was 3)

add the following 3 entries to

kernel and kext patches - kextToPatch:

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8419D411, Replace [HEX]: 00000000, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #1

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8B19D411, Replace [HEX]: E7761D11, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #2

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8319D411, Replace [HEX]: 00000000, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #3

Reboot, and you have sound.

Some remarks on your guide:

1. You are mixing clover installation with chameleon installation. You do not need to add any kexts to S/L/E. Just place them into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. Clover will load them while starting.

2. You do not need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext as you want to enable Apples cpu power management. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is disabling it. You just need this kext for installation before having a running power management, but with our CPU it's running fine. (I have just deleted it.)

3. The option kernel and kext patches - Kernel CPU is needed for eliminating kernel panics related to an unsupported CPU like Yonah, Atom or Haswell for old systems. I guess we have newer CPUs - just deselected.

4. The option kernel and kext patches - KernelPM is for 10.8.5 and 10.9 kernels - just deselect.

5. I have deselected the option kernel and kext patches - Kernel LAPIC as well 

Will test some other settings and provide some feedback.

I have updated to the latest FakeSMC package from RehabMan - containing a HW Monitor app. You can see the CPU Frequencies as well as Temperatures - great.

Please check: RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-1230

Can the shut down problem be in my config.plist or DSDT.aml?

I attached the ones I use now....

Cheers

config and dsdt seems ok.

shutdown should works properly.

Here is a screen dump of the last bit of text before the screen goes dark. Any idea ?

fixedregions is off in config.plist

Thanks, Merci,

Bart

because you see "lines" when shuting down ?

strange ...

Thanks for that guide. I have a E6510 - but this is pretty similar machine - just 17' display.

I have managed to enable audio in a very simple form:

Edit the config.plist:

remove from

Devices - Audio - Inject (was 3)

add the following 3 entries to

kernel and kext patches - kextToPatch:

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8419D411, Replace [HEX]: 00000000, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #1

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8B19D411, Replace [HEX]: E7761D11, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #2

Name: AppleHDA, Find [HEX]: 8319D411, Replace [HEX]: 00000000, Comment: AppleHDA IDT #3

Reboot, and you have sound.

Some remarks on your guide:

1. You are mixing clover installation with chameleon installation. You do not need to add any kexts to S/L/E. Just place them into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. Clover will load them while starting.

2. You do not need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext as you want to enable Apples cpu power management. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is disabling it. You just need this kext for installation before having a running power management, but with our CPU it's running fine. (I have just deleted it.)

3. The option kernel and kext patches - Kernel CPU is needed for eliminating kernel panics related to an unsupported CPU like Yonah, Atom or Haswell for old systems. I guess we have newer CPUs - just deselected.

4. The option kernel and kext patches - KernelPM is for 10.8.5 and 10.9 kernels - just deselect.

5. I have deselected the option kernel and kext patches - Kernel LAPIC as well 

Will test some other settings and provide some feedback.

I have updated to the latest FakeSMC package from RehabMan - containing a HW Monitor app. You can see the CPU Frequencies as well as Temperatures - great.

Please check: RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-1230

Sorry, but i spend few times on the guide, and all ask and debug disturb me.

the worst, everytime i go on the computer, my wife or my daughter ask me something, and i must leave

I have working Audio, with:

- aDummyHDA.kext

- clover patch

I will add it to the guide.

Also, i have D5761D11 (111D76D5) audio device, not 111D76E7

about remarks:

1/ this is not a mixing, but a choise.

with clover, you can use the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or /S/L/E or /L/E.

personnaly i prefer /L/E

2/ thinking it was removed ... well, that's done for sure now

3/ and 4/ and 5/ you're right. removing all this useless patches.

about fakesmc.

your link is bad.

getting it from the rehabman github/bitbucket, plugins are not in fakesmc, we have to edit the kext.

and HW.app from rehabman is working great this the fakesmc.kext i use/provide.

if you have working link for pre-modified fakesmc.kext, i'll use it.

-guide updated:

- removing useless clover patch

- added hda patch in clover

- added useintelhdmi in clover

- added adummyhda.kext

- removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext

- updated link to ingelGMA only guide

- updated working/unworking/sill to do lists

- updated link to up to date package files

- added link to have HWMonitor.app from rehabman (in 7/OTHERS)

To be honest with you, the only reason I am wanting to have a 'hackintosh' is for testing purposes with Gamemaker Studio (which has a MAC Export option), I'm not planning on doing anything else with it. But now you have point this little fact out, I'll look for 'other' tutorials/guides on getting it installed.

Thanks guys for the time.

Hi,

I explain where to have intel GMA HD working.

I ever done the dsdt patch to have it working.

look at the end of the guide, i provide two links, where you'll have your answer.

The surely working setting of the FrameBuffer is:

linkwidth = 2 (dual link)

Alternate (so need .plist edit, so can't be done by clover patches)

LCD+VGA LW2

if you use the patcher app, do not use DP, because it will not works, only vga !

But, why does your gamemaker app will not work with nvidia graphics ?

is that because your developped app doesn't support it ?

try with nvidia enabled, and if that's not work, then, have a try to use intel GMA only.

I repeat, internal screen will not work if you use intel GMA !

only VGA output !!

If you try to boot without external display, it will crash and reboot just before loading the logging screen !

Hi All, I have my E6410 now working as per Duduclx Guide, with use of the latest package files; Duduclx Rocks  :thumbsup_anim: !!!

If I can help anyone here in return let me know.

Have a great day,

Bart

Ok since i coudnt find anything specific to yosemite on the forum this will have to do (since ill probably be wanting to get el capitan going soon anyway), Basically i had yosemite running perfectly on my e6410 booting up using clover direct from the hard drive, everything working track pad sound wifi you name it, it worked. Ive bought some extra memory to get the most out of running logic pro, (2x4gb 1333) and it refuses to boot, just hangs up at PCI configuration begin, it even refuses to boot from the installer giving me exactly the same hang up. if i put the original memory back in which is a mish mash of 2 different speed totalling 3 gig, it boots fine again, obviously i want to use the 8 gig to give it a bit more oomph cos 3 just wont cut it.

ive tried every boot flag i can think of including maxmem but to no avail, i know the new ram works fine as ive tested it in another e6410 with windows on and get no issues, even tried it in my imac and that had no issues so i can rule out a hardware issue

the usual npci=0x2000 / 0x3000 are on my default boot flags anyway as i originally had this issue and in the first case it cured it but its now having no effect with the increased ram

any suggestions?? (thanks in advance for anything that follows!)

EDIT-

the bios version is A06 and although the memory ive installed is 1333 it is running at 1066 which is the same speed the original set of ram was running at (1 dimm was 1066 and the other 1333) so im doubtful of that being an issue.

Also 0 issues booting my mavericks installer with the new ram, im guessing the extra memory is triggering some kind of kext issue in yosimite that isnt present with 3 gig of ram or less?

Hi Guys; Great Progress ! I Built a USB Stick again and used Alesis's DSDT.aml and now I am looking at the installer screen of OS X El Capitan ! Great !!!  It does not recognise the keyboard, so I guess Dudu's kext files I have not processed correctly. Hooked up an USB keyboard; and that works. Let me see; or maybe you can help, how and where I put Dudu's kext files....

Am very happy the puzzle is almost solved  :rofl: !

Cheers Bart

Hello Bart !

Could you tell me where can I find the Alesis's DSDT.aml ?

I think I am at the same stage as you when you post this message...

Thanks