Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.
Supported cards are:
- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
- sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
- Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
- Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)
The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Sound blaster Audigy FX
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
- Any sound card without an emu sound chip
- Any ISA Sound card
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- cracking and stability fixes
- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)
- inputs support
- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
LINKS and downloads:
- github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver
(kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)
So I’ve been working at trying to get the wifey’s [HP Envy Recline 23-k310 All-in-One]’s display to properly wake from sleep for months now. I’m kinda at my wits end; It’s probably something so simple and I’m overthinking it.
The computer sleeps properly, but when it wakes, I get no display (no backlight either). The keyboard and peripherals seem to work after wake; able to key in the passcode/password and sound works when I use the volume up/down buttons. But I get absolutely no display. I’ve done 3 other successful hackintoshes (though, none had any dGPUs/eGPUs). But I’m somewhat confident that I’ve disabled the Nvidia Optimus (NVIDIA GeForce 830A)/N15S-GM) I couldn’t find any _ini when I poll the SSDT’s and no signs of Nvidia In System Report, Hackintosh, or IOReg. It’s disabled via the Frame Buffer patch in clover (I use 0x0D220003 for platform ID. I definitely have the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in L/E. I’ve tried a plethora of Clover settings, changing SMBIOS’s, darkwake bootflags, and AppleBacklightfixup.kext in both Clover/Kexts and L/E to no avail. Power management has been set using the Pike R. Alpha ssdtPRGen implementation. I’ve gone through and setup the proper SSDTs for the USB patching. Besides adding the HDMI audio output patch (which I don’t use/or have anything plugged into since its an AIO), everything else works on point. But…
“Help me Obi-Wan[’s], you’re my only hope!!”
I’ve attached an “Error Report.zip” including an IOReg report, config.plist, and a generated report form black.dragon74’s tool. I would love any recommendations or possible fixes/files/patches to these files to resolve this issue that has been stumping me for months.
Hi, I'm using a Dell laptop, modeled Latitude E6230, bios version A11(I don't have any batteries to update :'( ).
I'm using Catalina with OpenCore boot loader.
Everything is good, fast boot time.
But when comes to sleeping there's 2 issues that randomly happen when the sleeping time is long enough:
- Kernel Panic when sleep: panic log: panic
This should have something to do with bluetooth, right? I'm using DW380 with BrcmPatchRam3 & BrcmBluetoothInjector.
- Darkscreen when wakeup:
After I open the lid, the screen have no backlight, although the UI barely shown.
All I could do is to use keyboard to enter my password and use hotkey to shutdown the machine and then restart normally.
The EFI/OC folder is attached below, with serial numbers removed.
Sorry for using .txz format but with .zip, I couldn't get it fit in 10MB. Sorry for any inconvenience.
P/s:If anybody try boot this in the future, please bear in mind that if you inject IO80211Family and AirportBrcm4331 (the one from 10.14.6) to any Recovery or installation media, it will panic the kernel, please disable those 2 before-hand.
Hi I wonder if you can help me out guys.
I have few issues here
when I boot the clover entry screen do not show the disk icons until i press enter
(If I disconnect the keybord all is smooth, clover start, shows disk icons and boot from Mojave)
Randomly the keyboard and mouse become pretty unstable. The mouse cursor start flashing or the keyboard start to type repetedly <<<<<<<<<<< when i Press the spacebar or some other button
(this behaviour is applied to all keyboard I have tried, actually 3 different ones)
KB and Mouse are plugged on a USB 3.0 ports
I have tried to reset the keyboard Pref but NO LUCK
I have changed Keyboard - Same error
I enclose IOREGregistry and config.plist
MY CURRENT BUILD
ASROCK Z270 PRO4
Gigabyte GTX 760
I believe that there is some code conflict but I have no idea what is wrong
iMac di imac27.ioreg.zip