Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kkskks2

Ralink USB wireless adapter works with Kerberos?

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Realtek's USB wireless adapter. However, I cannot use this when I am in my school. The wi-fi network of my school needs both Kerberos username and password to connect its network. Realtek's USB dongle driver does not support that feature. There is nowhere to input both username and password when I try to connect to my school's Wi-Fi.

So, my question is that can I connect to my school's Wi-Fi which needs to input both username and password with Ralink's USB wireless adapter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingOssy
      for Chipsets : RT2770; RT2870; RT3070; RT3071;RT3072; RT3370;RT3572 ;RT3573; RT5370;5372;RT5572;MT7610;MT7612;MT7650; MT7662; ;RT8070;RT9707
    • By FrenzyKillz
      Linksys AE6000 on macOS Sierra

So after a bit of work I got Sierra installed on to my MacBook Air 2,1! The only issue is wifi. To remedy this issue till I can get a new wifi card, I decided to see if I could use my Linksys AE6000 on Sierra.

Requirements:
      Linksys AE6000(or similar RT2870 card) Yosemite RT2870 kext D-Link Pref Pane(DWA-140, thanks! @rodrigocunha) Kext Utility  
      To get the Yosemite kext for the RT2870, I had to go through Mediatek's installer with Pacifist. I did try the Mavericks kext from the other RT2870 thread but it didn't work.

The files will be attached below! (RT2870 Kext,DWA-140 Pref Pane file,Kext Utility

Now to the process:
      I'm not sure if order matters but I had the DWA-140 Pane installed already Next drag and drop the RT2870 USB WiFi in to Kext Utility Reboot(with or without your USB Adapter attached) Your adapter should be blinking or working with the DWA-140 Utility

Have fun, enjoy! 
      RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip
      DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane.zip
      Kext Utility.app.zip
    • By lost_loven
      Anyone use this adapter before? I have it and works great on my windows side and I can get the connection of 867 mbps but when I boot into

El Captain (10.11.6) I can only get a connection rate of 300 mbps . .. I installed various different versions of the software driver and used its uninstaller

as well to try and keep it clean but just wont connect no higher! Argh.. I contacted their support and no help at all.. first responce took 11 days and 3 emails..

Still have heard nothing back since I responded to them and its been 20 days now.. Anyhow Could there be a conflict or something with my old usb wifi dongle? 

If so how would I go about deleting its Kexts drivers? Here is some pics.. Other wise it works great.. I just want the full speed of it 

Help please.

• By mvd120
      This is a new updated kext and utility directly from MediaTek for the MT7610U and MT7612U network chipset.

This utility was updated and released on January 20th 2016 on MediaTek website.

I have the Netgear A6210 AC1200-WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter and it works perfectly under OSX 10.11.2 with USB 3.0 and 5GHz networks being recognized.

It should work for any card with one of those two chips.

UPDATE 10/1/2016

I have had some serious trouble updating my system to macOS 10.12 Sierra but I have finally seemed to have gotten it working. When I have done a clean install and installing this package afterwards, It didn't seem to work. However after updating a working copy of El Capitan to Sierra with this package already installed, it seems to work.

So as of this post, this same package does work under macOS 10.12 Sierra but you might have some trouble like I have until mediatek performs their own official update.

UPDATE 10/26/16

I have finally figured out what is going on with this installer package. When you run this package as is, it will not install the kext on macOS sierra. It will install the wireless utility and all associated files but not the actual kext. I have included the kext as a standalone as well.

Install the Kext with kext utility then run the installer pkg. Reboot and you will have a perfectly working USB wireless stick.

Confirmed working macOS 10.12.1
    • By Saretta
      In order to use my USB dongle with my macbook pro after upgrading to el capitan, I had to manually disable my SIP.
      Do I need to switch it back on, and it won't affect my usb dongle?