25 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself.
Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.
- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process - It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers) - You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery - All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code - Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style) - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update Features that I'd like to add in the future: - Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media - Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times) - Install clover and configure clover - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover - Clover drivers customization - Use custom dsdt in clover - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository - Support for other languages, at least Italian Rquirements: - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer) - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media) Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms TINU 1.1 Stable release: - Download available here: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases - Source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU TINU 2.0 pre-release: - Source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development - Download available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip Frequently asked questions about TINU: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs NOTE: if you have problems with your USB installer of 10.13.4 or newer version not being detected by clover you have to use the latest clover and if it still does not detectets your usb installer you have to remove the invivible file called .IAPhysicalMedia located into the root of the usb installer. This issue is caused by a changement in the apple's createinstallmedia, don't blame TINU for that, tinu does only uses the installer creation method from apple, which has been changed, causing this problem for hackintosh users, this issue should be resolved in the latest versions of clover which will no longer require that you do changements to let your usb dive to be detected, a setting to do this fix automatically in tinu is also comeing in a new pre-release of TINU 2 I leave also some screenshots as well
I am new, I hope I am posting in the correct forum.
Processor: Core i5 6500 Skylake 3.2ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte h170-d3h
M2SSD: WD Black 256gb PCIe (Mac OSx)
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo (WIndows 10)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
GPU: Radeon RX 480
Monitor: BenQ RL2460 24"
I was able to install High Sierra on a new m2 drive, that I added to the above configuration with windows 10 already installed.
I had a few issues during install, including the monitor turning off at boot screen.
Unfortunately, this persists even now. It turns off at about 60% of the progress bar, and to turn it on again I have to unplug/plug back my hdmi.
Additionally, while all of the usb ports worked during install and while running it out of the clover I had on the usb stick, only the rear ones appear to work now.
The audio doesn't work either, though I added the correct patch according to my mobo
Lastly, my other drives are not recognized in the bios anymore. They run fine from boot override but they don't show up in the boot priority (while multiple entries of mac OS do, and they seem to increase in number at every reboot)
Thanks in advance for the help
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie !
I tried to set up my USB installer, but I cannot.
Would u like to be so kind if u help me to setup my clover EFI partition. I'm stuck here and I cannot boot to USB.
Everything is OK. Just about my Clover configuration!
My model profile:
CPU : Intel Core i3 6100U Skylake-U/Y
RAM: 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-8-8-28)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TP501UA (U3E1)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Storage HDD: 465GB Seagate ST500LT012-1DG142 (SATA)
Network: Qualcomm Atheros AR946x Wireless Network Adapter
KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.
This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).
Supported cards are:
- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
- sound blaster 512
- sound blaster 256
- other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
- sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
- sound blaster Audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
- Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
- Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)
NOT supported cards:
- Any ISA Sound card
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5 series
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards
- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate chaning and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards for now are limited up to 176,4 khz and because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for supported cards)
- added boot args to manage the driver:
Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x
- created a script file to use with the driver for debug and also installer replacement, it can be also used to unload and reload, replacement of the driver without rebooting
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,
- have audio inputs working,
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/gameport midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
- download from the downloads section: kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01 - external download: https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script): - download: https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip Source code from Git Hub: - github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions