Subby

[HELP!?] Sony VAIO VPCF1 Nvidia GT 425m (HDMI only no LCD)

101 posts in this topic

@ Subby

Hello!

There is no reason to give up soo early!

Copy the attached folder VendorDisp.... to S/L/Displays/Overrides/ to the other folders there in and repair permissions with diskutility. Then reboot with flags -f -v or -x -f -v.

If this does not work try also to exchange your current org.chameleon.boot.plist with the attached one and reboot with arguments "-f -v" or "GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f -v".

Have fun.

Subby2.zip

Advertisement

@ Subby

Hello!

There is no reason to give up soo early!

Copy the attached folder VendorDisp.... to S/L/Displays/Overrides/ to the other folders there in and repair permissions with diskutility. Then reboot with flags -f -v or -x -f -v.

If this does not work try also to exchange your current org.chameleon.boot.plist with the attached one and reboot with arguments "-f -v" or "GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f -v".

Have fun.

Hi And thank you!

no difference with the old boot.plist, but with your new boot.plist the screen hangs on [ PCI configuration begin ] and dose not successfully boot, so i can not get in via screen share 

But, the screen dose stay on!

not sure what part of the boot.plist needs disabling to get it to boot?

sorry i am such a novice!

Subz

Subby, one more thing, can you please attach all your ACPI tables extracted with Clover boot menu (F4)?

Subby, one more thing, can you please attach all your ACPI tables extracted with Clover boot menu (F4)?

Hi,

not 100% sure how to extract ACPI tables with clover? F4 did nothing and there was nothing obvious in the options,

i do have something called "RW-Everything" on windows that lets me extract all the ACPI tables in to a .bin file not a clue if this will have what you need but i am attaching it anyway.

thanks for your time and patience!

Subz

AcpiTbls.zip

Press F4 at the main Clover bootloader screen, Clover will write your native files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

this is not working for me,

my usb was OSX Journaled, from the help (F1) i see (fat32) for the F4 option so i have tried installing clover again after formatting to fat32 but now my laptop will not boot clover from the usb (even when i put it back to the old way i installed clover?)

i will keep playing and post them if i get some success!

Subz

Hello!

You have just to rename the *.bin files to *.aml for working with them with MacIasl or DsdtEditor. Besides this DarwinDumper is extracting ACPI tables too and saving them as *.dsl or *.aml files.

Have fun.

Please use this dsdt

Hi and thanks!

using this dsdt and Graphics Enabler there are a few differences

the screen does a extra flicker after turning off during boot, and if i press the [Display Off] physical button on the laptop then move the mouse i get a flicker of screen (its not the desktop it shows, just a flicker of "Mac Grey")

if i use smbios 6,1 i get no screens, but when i share desktop its showing correct resolution for my screen,

if i use the MacPro smbios 3,1 (the one that gives me working hdmi, it boots to the hdmi screen, and if i share desktop in it shows me i have two screens running at 1080p

i have attached a full DDR

thanks again!

Subz

DarwinDumper_2.9.9b13_Chameleon_2.3_X64_Yos_subz.zip

Try this, attach IOReg.

after playing about to get a working Clover bootable USB i tested the last few dsdt's

when i use this dsdt 'thats quoted' (and the one you posted before it) with "Clover" i get no screens still but the laptop screen stays lit,

the very latest dsdt you posted the screen still turns off like normally has happened,

i have attached a full DDR of a clover boot where the laptop screen stays lit (although it shows nothing)

thanks again for your time!

Subz

DarwinDumper_2.9.9b13_Clover_X64_3259_Yos_subz.zip

Hi would any body be able to help me out with a very similar problem.

I've just copied and pasted this from another topic that i have asked this on. 

It's :- 

Sorry to jump in on this thread but it seems my Samsung All-in-One desktop has exactly the same problem and i can't seem to get anywhere with it. I can boot fine with it and as soon as verbose boot has finished the screen goes black. If i connect and external monitor the correct resolution displays on it, and if i connect with screen sharing i can see it and IOREG Explorer shows it but no Display 0 or Apple Display. 
If i use nv_disable=1 it boots fine all the way to the desktop but IOReg shows it using a display override profile, I've tried as suggested elsewhere to edit the override file with my info but to no avail.
OSX doesn't seem to read my EDID with any app that i use so i've extracted it using windows.

The specs are 

Samsung DP_U200
Intel 2.2GHz Pentium T4400,
4GB RAM,
20in 1600x900 display 
1 x DVI Output
Nvidia Geforce 310m Graphics.

I'm guessing that as i've tried everything i can find that its going to have to be DSDT edits to possibly come close to a solution. My knowledge isn't great with DSDT edits(so far i've only applied pre made fixes for my other laptops). I'm confused where i need to edit the file because IOReg shows the graphics accessing P0P2 and not GFX0 or IGPU.
The only thing with the device P0P2 section is that its only a few lines and using address 0x00010000. There is also a device GFX0 and NVID. 

So my question is can anybody help me edit my DSDT or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

@jamzmoby

Hello!

Which version of OSX are you trying to install?

How have you created the installer?

Which bootloader have you installed?

Which SMBios are you using?

Have fun.

Hi, guys!

I would like to say you all thanks for your time. I saw how much help you give to people like me. I respect you guys!

So, my issue. I have a Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R that has the NVIDIA 425m video card and FullHD resolution. I have red many topics and tried many options which work with any other laptops, but nothing. Now I am on the 6,2 SMBios. I also tried to use the 3,1. Internal display works with the nv_disable, but has no full hd resolution. But I would like to have that.

How can I get it working? Any ideas? Also, if I can't get NVIDIA working, may I use the integrated Intel HD Graphics video card that my VAIO have as well? Will it support FullHD resolution? Seems it doesn't support Full HD resolution, so the only one way to have Full HD is to get the NVIDIA working...

I also thought, maybe Clover don't load the patched DSDT.aml... How can I check this?

Notebook: Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R

Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425m

Display: LCD 16' FullHD (1920x1080)

CPU: Intel Core i5 m560

Chipset: PM55

BIOS: AMI R0180Y9

Boot loader: Clover

DSDT: in the attached archive

Clover Configuration: in the attached archive

My Configuration.zip

Edited by a3om

Hi, guys!

I would like to say you all thanks for your time. I saw how much help you give to people like me. I respect you guys!

So, my issue. I have a Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R that has the NVIDIA 425m video card and FullHD resolution. I have red many topics and tried many options which work with any other laptops, but nothing. Now I am on the 6,2 SMBios. I also tried to use the 3,1. Internal display works with the nv_disable, but has no full hd resolution. But I would like to have that.

How can I get it working? Any ideas? Also, if I can't get NVIDIA working, may I use the integrated Intel HD Graphics video card that my VAIO have as well? Will it support FullHD resolution? Seems it doesn't support Full HD resolution, so the only one way to have Full HD is to get the NVIDIA working...

I also thought, maybe Clover don't load the patched DSDT.aml... How can I check this?

Notebook: Sony VAIO VPC-F13S1R

Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425m

Display: LCD 16' FullHD (1920x1080)

CPU: Intel Core i5 m560

Chipset: PM55

BIOS: AMI R0180Y9

Boot loader: Clover

DSDT: in the attached archive

Clover Configuration: in the attached archive

Attach IOReg

Attach IOReg

Hi jl4c! Here's my IORegs with the original and patched DSTS. Also attached my current config.plist, screenshots and EDID information (moninfo.txt and dspinfo.bin received from Windows 10). Now NVidia works in the background (black screen) with the 1280x1024 resolution. Mac OS version is El Capitan 15G1421. Thanks.

ioreg.originalDSDT.txt

ioreg.patchedDSDT.txt

currentConfig.plist.zip

post-1722677-0-12623800-1493253198_thumb.png

post-1722677-0-92359900-1493253201_thumb.png

post-1722677-0-31541200-1493253205_thumb.png

moninfo.txt

dspinfo.bin.zip