Clover not applying patches, Lenovo M58p

crazyJAT

16 posts in this topic

I have a Lenovo M58p with Q45 chipset, Core 2 Duo E8400 and AMD HD 6450. I would like to use this as a media server Hackintosh. Most things work fine out of the box, except that I cannot get sleep to work at all. I use a custom built DSDT with Chameleon 2.3 r2538. I have tried all DSDT patches to fix sleep / wake issues I could find and none have worked. When I put the system to sleep, the fans stay on, monitor goes black, no cursor. Stays like that for about 8 minutes and then reboots.

In an effort to fix sleep, I decided to give Clover a try. I applied many of the ACPI patches listed in Clover Configurator, saved the config.plist file to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and rebooted. I get to the clover bootloader menu and verify the options I selected are indeed still enabled, then I select my Yosemite install and boot. Once booted, I launched ioregistryexplorer and found that none of the options I had enabled were being applied. For example, I have AddMCHC checked in Clover Configurator and there is no MCHC device in ioregistryexplorer. I have AddDTGP checked, when I extract DSDT in MaciASL, no DTGP or MCHC. I tried adding my custom DSDT to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and none of my customizations were applied.

I have tried installing clover to EFI partition formatted fat32. I have tried installing clover to the same partition as Yosemite. I created a bootable clover flashdrive. I modified every setting in the bios. Nothing I have done has allowed clover to modify my DSDT table. I know that the system isn't the issue because loading my custom DSDT works fine in Chameleon.

Has anyone run into an issue like this? Has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

I also created an issue thread on Clover's Source Forge page for help.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/1726372/thread/82752507/

Use generate P/C states and dropOEM

Attach IOReg copy, config.plist and ACPI tables

Advice: Don't use any patch without knowing what are you doing. First read the clover's wiki.

Thanks for the response. I have a lot of experience with Clover and am very familiar with each option.

I deleted my config.plist and started from scratch, only selecting a few options, including generate P/C states and dropOEM as well as AddMCHC to see if it shows up in ioregistyexplorer. Same result as before, no modifications in ioreg.

Files attached:

m58p.zip

Not sure what you mean by corrupted, is it not opening for you?

As a test, I just downloaded the zip from my post and it opened just fine in IORegistryExplorer.app. I am using version 3.0.2 downloaded from hackintoshosx dot com.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize, I did not realize that dumps created from IORegistryExplorer 3.x do not work for some people. I am attaching a file that should contain all the information about my M58p. The ioreg files were created with IORegistryExplorer 2.1 using the Save a Copy As... command.

m58p.zip

Thank your for your response.

I did a diff on the dsdt you provided above and my patched dsdt, and the only difference was 3 lines added to _WAK:

If (LOr (LLess (Arg0, One), LGreater (Arg0, 0x05)))

{

Store (0x03, Arg0)

}

I placed the DSDT.aml with that change in my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder and when I rebooted I had the same result. None of the changes in the DSDT.aml file are applied to the ioreg.

I have attached the ioreg output after booting clover with supplied DSDT.aml file as well as the clover boot log.

Clover-boot.zip

I placed the DSDT.aml with that change in my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder and when I rebooted I had the same result. None of the changes in the DSDT.aml file are applied to the ioreg.

What changes are not applied?

There is no such bug in the Clover. There is your misunderstanding how it works,

Make DarwinDumper report.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that is quite a silly statement. There is virtually no software without bugs, especially when you are talking about something that is supposed to work on thousands of different hardware configurations.  

Also I do not misunderstand at all, I have 6 other computers all running Clover flawlessly with custom patched DSDTs and SSDTs. This Lenovo M58p is the only system that behaves this way with Clover, which leads me to believe there is a bug. I can think of 2 possible scenarios as to why Clover does not work on this system:

1. An unknown bug in Clover
  2. A bug in the firmware (bios) of the system, perhaps a buggy ACPI implementation. 
    However, since this system works just fine with Chameleon, that seems unlikely. Unless Chameleon is able to overcome whatever bug may exist in the system firmware and Clover cannot.

Now, like I said before, I appreciate the help and I know it isn't easy or often fun helping people overcome issues like this, especially in the hackintosh community, but I have given you an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests that Clover simply is not performing as it is designed to on the Lenovo M58p.

Attached is a complete dump, taken from RW Everything in Windows 10, of all the ACPI tables from the system as well as the DarwinDumper output. Perhaps this may contain some information that can shed light on the issue.

And again, thanks for taking the time to help.

m58p acpi.zip

DarwinDumper_2.9.9b13_Clover_X64_3259_Yos_jeff.zip

• Like 1