Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlaidESP

Troubles with Mavericks on AMD

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have been trying to install os x Mavericks for a long time, but it gives me lot of problems so I came here to see if I could fix it somehow. Well, first of all I will give some information about the computer I'm trying to install it on:

It's an Asus with uefi, EZ mode, 2001 version.

Motherboard: A88XM-A

CPU: AMD A4-6300 

Dual core, 3,69 Ghz

Internet: Realtek 8111G

Sound: Realtek ALC887-VD

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon HD graphics

First, I tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but it turned off as soon as it entered the apple logo screen. 

Then, I tried with Niresh. It installed, but the graphics were laggy and the internet, the sound, and well the graphics in general weren't working. I tried to install the kexts but didn't find them or either didn't know how to install them. And in addition, it gave me the boot 0 error.

And now is when the real problem comes, I have tried using myhack. I have done all the proccess correctly, and now in the guide i've been following it says I have to replace the mach_kernel for a downloaded one that works for amd and mavericks. I have downloaded the os x mavericks installer from the Appstore but I belive it is the 10.9.5 version of it. Anyway, in case it was the 10.9.4 when I replace the kernel and rename it, after have intalled os x on the computer with amd, I then copied using the installer and the terminal, and removed the kernel from the hard disk, and then copied the one that works for it. Well, when I try to turn it on it suddenly turns off. I put it in verbose mode to see wheres the problem and it says: "Can't find mach_kernel" I have copied the commands and such correctly, and the names of the hard drive and USB too. I really don't know what to do.

Thanks in advice, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. If I break any forum rules please tell me and I will fix it, thanks again and greetings.

Advertisement

:)

hello ,

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon HD graphics , no CI/QE (no works)

Hi there! And wait, really? Can't I have in any way os x working properly on that computer due to it graphics card? There is no kernel or patch for it? I wouldn't mind if it had to be another version instead of Mavericks

no, it will never work correctly predict a CG PCIE ;)

What about this? (Found in hackintosh zone)

AMD Radeon Cards

xfx+radeon+hd+6870.jpg

From 2009 to 2011, all real Macs used AMD Radeon graphics cards. This means that Hackintosh support for AMD cards from these years is pretty good. However, support for the newest generation of AMD Radeon graphics cards in Mac OS X is still very spotty.

Supported by Mac OS X

And this? (Found in hackintosh zone)

Experience The Truly QE/CI Acceleration of Radeon Graphics In Mavericks...With DSDT Injection!!!

Experience The TRUE DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 SURROUND SOUND via HDMI by DSDT Injection!!!

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4040-amd-radeon-hd-7xxx-r9-series-graphics-drivers-for-mavericks-109x/

Supported Products:

>>>>HD 7600 Series

HD 7700 Series

HD 7850

HD 7850M

HD 7870

HD 7870 XT

HD 7650

HD 7970

HD 7970M

HD 8850M

HD 8970

HD 8760 OEM !!!!<<<<<

HD 5450 / HD 4670 / HD 6670 / HD 4850 (75 hz 1600x900) / HD 6850 / HD 7950 // 8400 GS/GT / GT 220 / GT 610 / GT 440 / 9800 GT / GTX 460 / works ( my graphics card) ;)

very good graphics card :D 

http://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/cartes-graphiques/sapphire-amd-radeon-hd7950-3go-gddr5-avec-boost/f-10767-111969890g.html?refer=&cid=search&cm_mmc=SE_mckv!sSnwnvYNz_dc!pcrid!62761431802!&type=MF&gclid=Cj0KEQjwu-CuBRCQ2byQtMep7e0BEiQABQKlkXA6W1oVgGkGex87hGapG3xIGArVlFcVXv97pO95pqkaAo1B8P8HAQ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tragediana150
      Hi everyone!
      Long time no see guys!
      As you can see I am not new user of Insanely and do not want to post in incorrect section, but I can not find any similiar topic at all. I,ve searched the forum and the web and I can't find a solution.
      My question is that is there any possibility to install Mavericks 10.9.5 on external drive on the newest Macbook Pro 13 from 2018? I know that the Intel Coffee Lake is new generation of CPU's and there is no drivers in Mavericks system to run this CPU, but I was thinking about it alot and I decided to write here. Because if we can install all the newest OSX, macOS on older machines then maybe we can install older systems on newer builds?

P.S. If I wrote in incorrect topic then please move this thread to the right section, I will be grateful
    • By Coddyx
      Hi,

I followed the AMD OSX Vanilla Guide and managed to successfully build my first hackingtosh.
      Everything works great EXCEPT for my MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GAMING X.
      I ran some benchmarks (and tried World of Warcraft) and I am getting ~50% of the performance I am usually getting in Windows 10.
      Unigine Heaven reports ~950 vs 1750 in Windows and World of Warcraft runs @ 30 fps lowest settings vs 60 fps ultra settings in Windows.

Here are the kexts I am using:
      AppleALC Lilu NullCPUPowerManagement RealtekRTL811 VirtualSMC WhateverGreen  
      I should mention that this is an AMD hackingtosh running on Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor.

I read and I completely understand that I should not expect 100% performance. But I believe a 50% drop is out of the ordinary.

If anyone has ideas on what I could try to up the performance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• By Magnality
      I've been happily using macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) successfully for more than a year (all things working), but now I replaced my old Asus GTX 750 Ti card with a new Zotac GTX 1060 6GB, and it get stuck on boot just before going to the login screen (verbose boot screen attached).

I've updated Clover with all its kexts, and reinstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers (using nvidia-update script), but it's still stuck in the same part. I can only enter using nv_disable=1

My current Hackintosh specs:
      Motherboard MSI H110M Gaming (MS-7994) (LGA 1151/Intel H110/DDR4/SATA 3 & USB 3.1) CPU Intel Core i5-6600 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 1151 65W RAM HyperX FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2133 (PC4-17000) HX421C14FBK2/16 Video Zotac GTX 1060 6GB SSD Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB HDD Western Digital Black 1TB (32MB Cache) (WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1)  
      I've read that maybe it can be fixed patching the DSDT, but I don't know how to do it.

My RunMe.app generated zip file and verbose boot screen are attached.

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks.
      Send me Coke-iMac.zip

• By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.

Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 

Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 

DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.

1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)

After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:

I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:

You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.
    • By dannymozzer_
      Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:
      Asus P8H61-MX USB3
      i3-3220
      8GB DDR3 Memory
      GTX 750 ti
      500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/
      But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks,
      Dan