SomniusX

SONY VAIO F Series (PCG-81312M)

11 posts in this topic

VyMFMpnt.jpg
click for larger

2k9nGbr.png

Is there hope for this machine that is going to be given to me the day after tomorrow?

I'm gonna do my test using the "known" tools, rooting for 10.10.x

If anybody has experience with it please share it with me!

Thank you!

Advertisement

VyMFMpnt.jpg

click for larger

2k9nGbr.png

Is there hope for this machine that is going to be given to me the day after tomorrow?

I'm gonna do my test using the "known" tools, rooting for 10.10.x

If anybody has experience with it please share it with me!

Thank you!

working :) . Clover 

there is no hope for the nvidia card?

yes I was going to use Clover, will stepping work or with nullcpupm?

I saw some boot flags for when bios' don't have the feature of disabling the nvidia but I can hope for intel too :P

I saw a guide for the similar series S that everything except WiFi works.

Anyways, hope it doesn't give me a hard time like my hope hack.. h77-d3h with that unholy vt2021 audio chip and one msi nvidia 560 that doesn't want to work oob always with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.. when on 10.8.x had a hard time building proper ssdt for msrunner testing.. but did it.

Anyways.. will wait for the laptop to arrive.. it's free so :P

its a good laptop. the nvidia you can disable in the dsdt, the wifi you can change for a compatible one, and pm for sandy bridge usually is not hard to make it work.

it can also be disabled using a boot flag..

i have two usb already made, one with 10.10.2 of a known hack distro (i hate it) starting with the letter N*, and one using tony's tools which is 10.10.4

I saw m*Hack isn't updated by sojugarden for 10.10.x, Kakewalk is dead..

Best way it to use one of the above usb installers and a separate Clover or there is some other way i've missed from last year?

you can make it manually or use one of the forum tools. i dont recommend niresh for its bugs and instability, and with tony we can´t help you.

i recommend you to start with some automated tool from the forum, using a clean retail copy of 10.10.5. it is all in the genius bar, installation and downloads sub-foruns here. lots and lots of options very well supported and very comprehensive.

And i was just contacting one of the admins with that specific question.

I've missed a lot that whole year i was away from the community. I will check them out right away!

Thank you very much @mendietinha :)

I've managed to make it work and i've everything working except proper stepping, only 8 and 20 and the webcam.

Working

• WiFi with Atheros 9285 modded kext and injector (files)
  • Ethernet (Realtek 81xx)
  • Audio, full support with latest VoodooHDA plus when i plug headphones it knows and automatically swaps to them.. no problems or clicks, just some "hisss"
  • USB 3.0 (universal kexts) works only if something is inserted on the port on boot, and afterwards no problem.
Not Working
  • Webcam, don't care much
  • Screen brightness control, i use an app that changes the brightness by playing with graphics until i fix it.
Boot flags? Well installed with
  • GraphicsEnabler=Yes
  • nv_disable=1 (cause you know, 540m :P )
Used Hackintosh Vietnam Tool, with Vanilla USB.

Chameleon is my bootloader and i've got no problems booting into the windows partition on the same disk.

My thermals seem to work ok snpy.in/y1gnrz snpy.in/Oymemq

I've built SSD for my i5 CPU but still i use NullCPUPM cause i get Kp's on each boot.

I'm in great need of the following :

• Proper DSDT patches for the H67 mobo.

- Power control is my main concern cause Apple Power Management Patches tend to break on my, haven't found one that works and each time i revert back and use NullCPUPM.

- Display backlight, brightness is my second concern

• I'd like to use AppleHDA patched but didn't had the time to play with more than Generic (and latest) VoodooHDA that does the work.
  • And last, if there is an easy way, the Webcam, not that i use it everyday, i've got my phone for these things, but for the occasional vid-chat :P
Well that is it until now.

I'll post back with more things, when and if i have time to tamper with more things...