danielstuart14

Asus Unlocked \ Updated Bios Repository

29 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I'm creating an asus bios repo, with MSR0xE2 unlocked and many updates/mods.

You can ask me to upload your model without any problem. 
I'll not edit ANY bios that isn't from asus. (Ex: Already modified bios file / from other manufactor)

Here are the modifications that are present:

-MSR 0xE2 Unlocked (Apple PM Fix)
-CPU MICROCODE UPDATED (Latest Version)
-iGPU GOP UPDATED (Integrated GPU UEFI driver)
-LAN PXE UPDATED (Intel/Realtek/BCM)
-AHCI/RAID UPDATED (Intel/Marvel/JMicron)
-ASUS ROG LOGO (From Rampage IV Black)

Attention: Some mods aren't available in certain chipsets. Look in my github description.

The updates were made with UBU (UEFI bios updater), and MSR unlock & ROG Logo with UEFITool.

I only tested with P8Z77-V Deluxe, since I only have this board. But, all the files should be working.
Would be great, if who test it post a feedback here.

Current supported Asus Models (More coming):

LGA1155:
-P8Z68 Deluxe
-P8Z68-V LX
-P8Z77-I Deluxe
-P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD
-P8Z77-M
-P8Z77-V
-P8Z77-V Deluxe
-P8Z77-V LK
-P8Z77-V LX
-P8Z77-V Premium
-P8Z77-V Pro

LGA1150:

-ROG G20AJ
-Z87 Sabertooth
-B85-PRO GAMER
-Z97-PRO GAMER
-Z97 Gryphon

LGA2011: -P9X79
-X99-A II

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always: I'm not going to take any responsability if you mess your MB up. If it fails, just download the bios file from asus website, rename it, and put into your pendrive. (Rename with the modded bios name)

How to Update (ASUS USB Flashback):

• Download the bios file on my github. (below)
  • Format a pendrive to fat32
  • Copy the bios file to your pendrive.
  • Shutdown your computer
  • Connect your pendrive into "Usb Flashback" port. (If you can't find, search in yours board manual)
  • Now press the "Usb Flashback" button.  
  • Wait until the blue light stop (can take up to 5 minutes)
  • Start your computer, and configure bios again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Repository (Github)

Advertisement

Hi danielstuart14,

First, thanks for your repo, it is great.

Do you think it would be possible to add the patched bios for asus rog g20aj?

It is my main computer but no way to boot clover or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] usb.

Thanks!

Hi danielstuart14,

First, thanks for your repo, it is great.

Do you think it would be possible to add the patched bios for asus rog g20aj?

It is my main computer but no way to boot clover or ##### usb.

Thanks!

If you can't boot with clover (using aptiofix + haswell PM fix), then, I don't think a bios mod will fix it. I'll take I look in yours chipset. (I'll send you a PM) But, first you need try to make it works.

Hi! I have p8z77-v lk motherboard and it's looks like there no flashback (there is place for button but its not present), what other way to flash ur moded bios? ez flash say it don't pass security check.  :(

Hi Daniel,

thanks a lot for the amazing bios!

Is there any chance to have the bios for Asus P8Z77-V LX2?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Could you please create an image for the "P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD", which is a slightly different version of the P8Z77-I Deluxe you uploaded recently. I have seen some positive feedback for the standard Deluxe model, and would really like to try it out on my model.

The most recent bios can be downloaded from below. Version 1101 is the latest version with a date of 2014/09/28.

If it is any help, I believe the file name for the USB flashback function for "P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD" should be Z77IDWD.CAP.

Thank you very much in advance.

thanks.. i made a slic version of P8Z77V LX 2501

but gave me error in ezflash as i expected so i made .bin version for spi programmer as chip is easy to take out from socket.

tested and booted. take power cord out and push power to drain pull chip.

flash with spi programmer like ch341A black usb cheapo, backup your bios by read then save as backup.bin

erase chip, write then verify.

insert chip in mobo and reset cmos jumper. plug in power and go to bios load defaults.

how i made  the bin from cap.

in hxd editor erase 00 (begining) to 000007FF

the next like is 00000800 all (this is the real begining.. compare to your backup.bin)

FF FF FF FF FF

Z¥ð......... .!.

now save as .bin and flash.

file attached is .Bin rename from .TXT due to not allowed to upload this type file error..

P8Z77VLX_SLIC.txt

I just tried your bios for my p8z77-v and some of my hard drives are not detected.

I did revert to org bios and they are back. any thought about this?

Pardon my ignorance if this sounds dumb, but is it possible to modify the BIOS for my X99-A (USB 3.1) to work with a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD? 

I just got one of these things and it's not even detected by the BIOS. I'd imagine they'll eventually come out with a BIOS update that supports the 960, but there's no telling when that would happen.. 

You can ask me to upload your model without any problem. 

Hi Daniel, could you upload bios for Asus x99-a II?

Hello,
I've a Asus P8z77-M and i don't find a BIOS on your repositery :
https://github.com/d.../ASUS_BIOS_REPO

Can you add the support of Asus P8Z77-M :
-MSR 0xE2 Unlocked (Apple PM Fix)
-CPU MICROCODE UPDATED (Better OC)
-iGPU GOP UPDATED (Integrated GPU driver)
-LAN PXE UPDATED (Intel/Realtek/BCM)
-AHCI/RAID UPDATED (Intel/Marvel/JMicron) (Enable RAID TRIM on 6 & x79 Series)

Here is the BIOS 2203 :
https://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/P8Z77M/HelpDesk_Download/

I have already a P8Z77-I Deluxe and your Bios work great ! Very thank man

So, I wasn't getting any notifications from this topic.. Sorry guys.
I update all the BIOSes with latest GOPs and MC from UBU.
Also added a couple more boards.

EDIT:
Added more boards:
P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD
P8Z68-V LX
P8Z77-M
X99-A II