chatdeau

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

1,367 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2019 at 4:29 AM, antialias said:

Hello guys, 

I have HP Z420 Workstation, Intel Xeon E-1620v2 CPU, ATI Radeon Sapphire Nitro RX570 4Gb GPU, 8 GB unbuffered ECC RAM. My 24" monitor is connected to GPU with DVI cable. 

I am running the latest Clover (Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS) with Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts. My primary OS is still MacOS Sierra because I can't install Mojave. RX570 GPU works perfectly in MacOS Sierra. I am wondering what I am doing wrong, RX570 should work OOB in Mojave, but I get a black screen and can't get to installer screen. What could be wrong? Why is my GPU working in Sierra and not in Mojave? It's the same Clover and kexts. I've tried all different SMBIOS, without any luck. I can also see people run the same GPU without any problems in Mojave. Frustrating.

Hi @antialias,

I planning to have the similar build (HP Z420 + RX 570), but I'm wondering if the original 600W power supply is enough to drive the RX 570. Did you upgrade the PSU in your HP Z420? Thanks.

Advertisement

I meant Mail (email client embedded in Mac OS). I had to replace your dsdt with mine or the PC reboot itself every 2 minutes. Your Clover>Extensions>Other folder does contain several kext, some of them

are probably unnecessary but my Z400 works fine 'til now, I'll continue my testing in the next days and I'll keep you informed.... Thank you for your precious infos.

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 2:46 AM, PPCnostalgic said:

I meant Mail (email client embedded in Mac OS). I had to replace your dsdt with mine or the PC reboot itself every 2 minutes. Your Clover>Extensions>Other folder does contain several kext, some of them

are probably unnecessary but my Z400 works fine 'til now, I'll continue my testing in the next days and I'll keep you informed.... Thank you for your precious infos.

Have you tried using SMBIOS IMac 13.2 yet? It is the one that has worked best for me. Also remember I do not use NULLCPU I have always found it necessary to disable Wake Up On LAN in the Bios. Otherwise I get reboots. Virtual is disabled.

Edited by jaymack

HP Z400 is quite similar to Mac Pro 5.1 (X58 - ICH10 chipset) and a Xeon cpu Nehalem or Gulftown 32nm. iMac 13.2 is a Core i5 and it's totally different motherboard, I'll give it a try but since I started to hack I always

heard we have to choose the Mac model closer to our hardware in Smbios. Did you notice some relevant difference(s) between Mac Pro 5.1 and iMac 13.2 on your Z400?

10 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

HP Z400 is quite similar to Mac Pro 5.1 (X58 - ICH10 chipset) and a Xeon cpu Nehalem or Gulftown 32nm. iMac 13.2 is a Core i5 and it's totally different motherboard, I'll give it a try but since I started to hack I always

heard we have to choose the Mac model closer to our hardware in Smbios. Did you notice some relevant difference(s) between Mac Pro 5.1 and iMac 13.2 on your Z400?

Mac Pro 5,1 did not work for me. I have an Xeon W3565 which is quad core 3.2 ghz as is the Imac 13.2  with an Intel i5 3470. Speedstepping is working.

16 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Mac Pro 5,1 did not work for me. I have an Xeon W3565 which is quad core 3.2 ghz as is the Imac 13.2  with an Intel i5 3470. Speedstepping is working.

I am aware of this              

Mac Pro "Quad Core" 3.2 (2010/Nehalem) 3.2 GHz Q. Core Xeon W3565
apple-mac-pro-mid-2010.jpg
Intro. July 27, 2010* Disc. June 11, 2012
Order BTO/CTO Model A1289 (EMC 2314-2*)
Family Mid-2010 ID MacPro5,1
RAM 3 GB VRAM 1 GB
Storage 1 TB HDD Optical 18X DL "SuperDrive"

hello and greetings to all, I have a problem, i buy an rx590 and I would like to use mac on my hp z800 the problem is that I can not install it because when it starts it gets a black screen, and test all the hext, all the ports of the video card, and nothing has been able to work, I still having black screen, i try sierra, high sierra, and mojave and nothing it still not workin :,c my hardware is x2 x5550, 152gb ram, rx590. If someone could help me, I would thank them infinitely.

36 minutes ago, Rockey12 said:

updated successfully Cat B2 The only problum i have cannot use Patched AppleHDA kext any more 

694624154_Screenshot2019-06-20at02_54_57.thumb.png.fc3035ea3af1d4683426399f363c54ed.png

To use patch HDA or any system kext you need to RW the disk first

Tyoe this two command

sudo mount -uw

Follow by ENTER

killall Finder

Follow by ENTER

Now you have access to modifying system kext

@Rockey12

layoutID and Platforms in the AppleALC thread are not enough.
PinConfig is missing.
Post your patched AppleHDA here! I then create your codec in AppleALC.

you guys are really awesome :thumbsup_anim:  

a big thanks to both of you = Chris 1111 and MacPeet

PinConfig.txt.zip

12 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@Rockey12

layoutID and Platforms in the AppleALC thread are not enough.
PinConfig is missing.
Post your patched AppleHDA here! I then create your codec in AppleALC.

you guys are really awesome :thumbsup_anim:  

a big thanks to both of you = Chris 1111 and MacPeet

PinConfig.txt is attached

patched AppleHDA kext

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Edited by Rockey12

@Rockey12

I have your data built in AppleALC 1: 1 for layoutID 15 (0F)

AppleALC only works with native AppleHDA, not with patched AppleHDA !!!

try this:

trial1_alc663_layoutID_15.zip

Lilu + AppleALC to Clover/kexts/other/

Inject variant DSDT / HDEF:

"alc-layout-id"
Buffer (0x04)
{
     0x0F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"layout-id"
Buffer (0x04)
{
    0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

or Inject Variant Clover:
Audio Inject -> 15
Set FixHDA
and / or try boot flag alcid=15

For Catalina-Beta boot flag -lilubetaall -alcbeta

i can only say you are the great MacPeet 

everything is working properly i have no issues well done my friend  

thank you 2 chris1111

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 17.18.59.png

ffffff.png

original_thank-you-so-much-thank-you-card.png

Edited by Rockey12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip

• By ThatsMatt
      Salve, sono nuovo nel forum e mi serviva una mano nell'installazione dell' ultima versione di MacOs sul mio notebook HP Pavilion 15-ak112nl.
      Specifiche Tecniche: 
      CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60 / 3.50 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3). 
      Scheda Grafica: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4 GB DDR3.
      Hard Disk: 1 TB SATA 5400 rpm.
      Ram: 8 GB DDR3L-1600.
      Audio: altoparlanti stereo Bang & Olufsen PLAY. 
      Rete: LAN 10/100, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, bluetooth 4.0 (Miracast).
      Grazie in Anticipo a chi mi risponderà
    • By jamesxxx1997
      Hi everyone~
      Now using mojave 10.14.4 , I am patching my dsdt and ssdt but have four syntax error with my dsdt.dsl , and I don't know how to fix it.

My specs:
      lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd
      CPU : i7-8550u
      graphics : uhd620

The file of my dsdt and ssdt , ioreg , and my efi is in this link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T1nv1QgqDtczXrohdlQUJ_8O-kPpoSEf?usp=sharing

thanks!
    • By amadeusex
      Hi there y' all.

I'm selling my hp z820 with the specs listed below since i accidentally bought me another one (that's what i told to my wife anyway).

The machine runs flawlessly High High Sierra 10.13.6 and also has Win7 pro and Win10 pro licences tied to the machine.

The machine is in Athens Greece

I'm asking for 1000 euros shipped within the European Union.

Features     • Make: HP • Modell: Workstation Z820   • Processor: 2x Intel XEON Quad-Core E5-2670 • Chipset: Intel C602    • Memory: 64 GB ECC RAM • Sound: Realtek ALC262   • Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro K600   • SAS - Controller: LSI SAS2308 with RAID (0, 1, 5, 10) • SSD - 256 GB • DVD RW   • 2x Ethernet-LAN (RJ-45): 2 (Dual Gigabit - 1000Mbit/s)   • FireWire: 2x (1x Front + 1x Back) • USB 2.0: 5x (1x Front + 4x Back) • USB 3.0: 4x (2x Front + 2x Back)   • PS/2 • serial RS232 • Line-In • Line-Out • Microphone • FireWire (6polig)    • PSU: 1125 Watt    • (WxHxD): 203mm x 444mm x 525mm • Weight: 21,1kg   The machine is configured to also run MacOS 10.12.6 High Sierra without any hiccups and complete working power management.   Geekbench 4 64-bit  MacOs Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12062123
      Geekbench 4 64-bit  Win10 Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11972736
      The pictured drive trays are not included - the original placeholders will be mounted!