chatdeau

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

1,482 posts in this topic

Hi, I read the last 30 pages.

I would like to buy a HP Z620 with 1 Xeon E5-2680 / 32GB Ram

+ GPU HD7870 working oob

Is it still possible to install macOS 10.13?

Advertisement

Yes

Thanks Rockey12!.

Reading in the thread I understood that it was no longer possible with HighSierra 10.13.2 / 10.13.3

Following your guide, will you confirm that it is still possible?

put All The Kexts into EFI/CLOVER directory for macOS 10.13.2 in 10.13.2directory. Have fun!

How to install MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 on HP Z620 Workstation.

download macOS Sierra Installer (go to App Store to download).

create a USB Installer.

to create a bootable USB. However, we have to use kexts from CustoMac Essential package and put these kexts to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory (mount your EFI partition first!)

Here the Tricks

Note: I put my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory and all kexts we need in the repo.

• Install the lastest CLOVER (e.g., v2k4)
  • We have to use flag npci=0x2000 all the time. (I also use dart=1)
  • Z620 crashes randomly when booting, we can fix that with flag cpus=1. However, this makes our PC slow (only 1 CPU!!), therefore, we fix this problem by installing VoodooTSCSync.kext at /System/Library/Extensions . Remember to fix permission. E.g.
    chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/* && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/* && kextcache -system-caches.
  • We got problem with USB ports (therefore, cannot install from USB). We fix it by:
    • First, Use Clover Configurator V4.39.1 app to mount EFI and patch ACPI (Look at "List of Patches" in Acpi menu and apply All Of Them)
    • Install USBInjectAll.kext to inject all USB ports!
  • HP Z620 crashes with many versions of FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so please use those

http://sixflow.net/osx86/index.php?mid=System&document_srl=83674&cpage=1#comment

untitled folder.zip

Unfortunately I can not get to the installer of 10.13.3

Clover 4415

HP Z620 Bios 3.91

CPU E5-2680

Bios settings as a guide

drivers64 and kext (other and 10.13 folder) with the kext you gave me.

I tried to boot with -v npci=0x2000 and debug=0x100 to try to understand what the problem is.

Tips?

I think i need this patch 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/page-3

EDIT:

I added my EFI folder and the origin folder generated by Clover F4

Tips?put All The Kexts into EFI/CLOVER directory for macOS 10.13.2 in 10.13.2directory. Have fun!

How to install MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 on HP Z620 Workstation.

download macOS Sierra Installer (go to App Store to download).

create a USB Installer.

to create a bootable USB. However, we have to use kexts from CustoMac Essential package and put these kexts to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory (mount your EFI partition first!)

Here the Tricks

Note: I put my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory and all kexts we need in the repo.

• Install the lastest CLOVER (e.g., v2k4)
  • We have to use flag npci=0x2000 all the time. (I also use dart=1)
  • Z620 crashes randomly when booting, we can fix that with flag cpus=1. However, this makes our PC slow (only 1 CPU!!), therefore, we fix this problem by installing VoodooTSCSync.kext at /System/Library/Extensions . Remember to fix permission. E.g.
    chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/* && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/* && kextcache -system-caches.
  • We got problem with USB ports (therefore, cannot install from USB). We fix it by:
    • First, Use Clover Configurator V4.39.1 app to mount EFI and patch ACPI (Look at "List of Patches" in Acpi menu and apply All Of Them)
    • Install USBInjectAll.kext to inject all USB ports!
  • HP Z620 crashes with many versions of FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so please use those

http://sixflow.net/osx86/index.php?mid=System&document_srl=83674&cpage=1#comment

EFI.zip

origin.zip

I just followed some Rehabman guides to install MaciASL, Patchmatic etc.

I have tried Clover DSDT patch...

I'm trying but I do not have enough knowledge to succeed

I am reading the file DSTD.dsl and looking for the values ​​that modify in the guide (SCK0, CPUSCK0) but I can not find them with MaciASL, probably the extracted data are not similar.

sorry my friend  but you didn't patch your dsdt how can you expect to install any thing   

your clover ACPI patched folder is empty there is no dsdt or any ssdt  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/?p=2489834

Rockey12,

Thank you, I believe there is positive progress !.

I attached photos of the KP, could it depend on the CPU E5-2680 v1 ??

Archivio.zip

use this config.Plist as a reference this one is from z420

ssdt from z420 as a reference

so please don't use this ssdt in your clover folder patch your own ssdt 

celect all the patches in config.plist and let the clover to patch  dsdt and ssdt for you  dureanig the clover start press F5

Excuse me, I feel very stupid to ask.

Ok for the config.plist part and the patches.

Patch my SSDT what do you mean?

With the SSDT.aml you attached me what do I do?

so please don't use this ssdt in your clover folder patch your own ssdt 

celect all the patches in config.plist and let the clover to patch  dsdt and ssdt for you  dureanig the clover start press F5

I solved with a user who contacted me via PM.

@Rockey12 I have read of your workstation with bricked bios, have you tried to restore it with the Boot Block Recovery mode (E15 jumper + USB with bios .bin?

Excuse me, I feel very stupid to ask.

Ok for the config.plist part and the patches.

Patch my SSDT what do you mean?

With the SSDT.aml you attached me what do I do?

I am wondering if anyone has an HP Z420 with Native sound working?

I have moved up from a z400 with native audio working with patched DSDT + Patched Apple HDA and Codeccommander. 

Since both the z400 and Z420 both use realtek ALC262, I used the same DSDT/HDEF patch on my patched Z420 DSDT + Clover Inject Layout 28 + AppleALC 1.2.3 without success. 

Audio is of course working with VoodooHDA but I can not get Native Audio working.

Everything else working great include native power + speed stepping, LAN, and USB2 ports(not 3).

Current config: HP Z420, QuadCore Xeon E5-1620, Nvidia Quadro K2000, 48gb Ram, 256 Samsung SSD, Clover Bootloader.

Edited by apav

10 hours ago, jaymack said:

I would like to patch the DSDT as I also have an HP Z400 with Realtek ALC262. Can you share the patch?

Sure, see attached.

HDEF:DSDT.dsl

On 1.4.2018 at 3:02 AM, apav said:

Since both the z400 and Z420 both use realtek ALC262, I used the same DSDT/HDEF patch on my patched Z420 DSDT + Clover Inject Layout 28 + AppleALC 1.2.3 without success. 

AppleALC.kext needs Lilu.kext
AppleALC alone is not working

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

On 4/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, MacPeet said:

AppleALC.kext needs Lilu.kext
AppleALC alone is not working

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Yes, I was using AppleALC + LILU + I tried to patch my DSDT using previous Z400 HDEF patch but wasn't working for me. MaLd0n was able to correctly add DSDT HDEF patch and I now have native sound on my Z420.

Thanks.

Hi

I would like to ask if someone work with AMD r580 GPU because I would like to upgrade to this card for after effects

My workstation is

HP Z800 2 x 3,32 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon | 48gb | GTX titan 6gb | Sierra 10.12.6

All works fine

Edited by post6522

Radeon Pro WX 7100  is the best choice

Here's the detailed post. It's kind of long because this happened over the course of a few days of debugging/tinkering.

I'm using:

• Clover v2.4k r4380
  • Kexts:
    • AppleALC
    • FakeSMC
    • Lilu
    • RealtekRTL8111
    • USBInjectAll
    • WhateverGreen
    • patched AMD kexts (details below)
  • Boot Options:
    • dart=0
    • Inject ATI=False

Story:

I was having a ton of problems with High Sierra. Initially, I tried to do an in-place update from Sierra and that didn't work, I'm not sure what exactly happened. I decided to do a clean High Sierra install.

I was able to get through the installation process up to where you're prompted for username, etc. I saw the Apple logo and the loading bar get about half way, then a flash on the screen, then the screen turned black, the backlight on the screen was still and and I didn't get any "no signal" messages so it seemed like it booted up fine, just no video. I tried reinstalling a few times to see if it was something that went wrong during install and I kept getting the same results.

Eventually, I tried booting into safe mode (-x) and was then able to complete the installation. After the installation completed, everytime I tried booting normally into the OS it would go to the same black screen that occurred during installation. Booting into safe mode, however, seemed to work fine but without video acceleration.

First, I attempted to use the framebuffer patching guide. I gave up on it because I was never able to find a framebuffer in the AMD9500Controller.kext that had the same number of ports (4 display ports) as the WX 7100.

I was able to get this video card to work previously in Sierra by patching some of the kexts with the WX 7100's device id. I wasn't sure which kexts to add the device id to in High Sierra.

In safe mode, I dumped the currently loaded kexts and made note of all the AMD kexts that were loaded (kextstat -l | grep AMD). Here is a list of the loaded kexts:

96    2 0xffffff7f817b1000 0x1f8000   0x1f8000   com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.6.0) 441E3318-2B41-3EC8-95CA-7A098B2801F5 <94 93 11 10 7 5 4 3 1>
104    0 0xffffff7f819a9000 0x64000    0x64000    com.apple.kext.AMD9500Controller (1.6.0) 74FE706C-076A-3302-9D0D-12846730C210 <96 94 93 11 10 5 4 3 1>
112    0 0xffffff7f83a29000 0x28000    0x28000    com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer (1.6.0) 74616066-E134-31AD-AEE8-40BB1420567B <96 93 11 10 7 5 4 3 1>

I also enabled remote login while in safe mode so that I could ssh into the machine. I booted normally into the machine and was met with another black screen. From another computer, I ssh'ed into the machine and performed the same kextstat -l | grep AMD to see which kexts had loaded. Here is the output:

106    2 0xffffff7f82603000 0x1db000   0x1db000   com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.6.0) 441E3318-2B41-3EC8-95CA-7A098B2801F5 <105 99 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>
112    0 0xffffff7f82834000 0x64000    0x64000    com.apple.kext.AMD9500Controller (1.6.0) 74FE706C-076A-3302-9D0D-12846730C210 <106 105 99 12 11 5 4 3 1>
134    0 0xffffff7f82c55000 0x84f000   0x84f000   com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX4250 (1.6.0) BE3FD082-A557-3556-B357-EDD2DFC63E7A <133 124 99 12 7 5 4 3 1>
137    0 0xffffff7f834b2000 0x28000    0x28000    com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer (1.6.0) 74616066-E134-31AD-AEE8-40BB1420567B <106 99 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

The first thing I did was try removing the AMDRadeonX4250.kext, the only different kext that was loaded during normal mode versus safe mode. After removing this, the computer could boot in normal mode with video output but still without video acceleration.

After this, I remembered that the WX 7100 is very similar to the RX 480/580 (device id 0x67DF1002). So, I found every instance of 0x67DF1002 that appeared in the AMD kexts (grep -R 0x67DF1002 /System/Library/Extensions/AMD*). Here's a list of the kexts that contain the RX 480/580 device id:

/System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/AMD9520Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4200.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4250.kext/Contents/Info.plist

So, I editted each of these kexts to include 0x67C41002. Rebuilt the kext cache (sudo kextcache -i /). Then, booted up in normal mode and was greeted with full video acceleration.

This probably could have been accomplished by spoofing the RX 480/580 device id, but I learned a lot through this process and thought I'd share my experience with all of you.

Hello hackintoshers. I know this thread is getting long and old, but I am about to try my first hackintosh. Has anyone installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Clover on a HP Z440 workstation (Xeon E5-1620 v4, Intel C612 chipset, Realtek HD ALC221 audio)? I am using a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB. Windows 10 Pro is running now.

What kexts do I need? From countless threads and tutorials I have come up with this list:

AppleALC.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

CoreDisplayFixup.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Lilu.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext

Shiki.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

XHCI-x99-injector.kext

Others I have seen:

XHCI-x99-injector.kext

AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

But I think some of these may be for laptops.

Is it a problem to install unnecessary kexts? Or the more, the merrier? Do I need to edit a DSDT? Or does Clover Configurator or 'that beasty thing' do this for me?

When I get it running, can I upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4 from the App Store without a care, or does some of the above need to change? Would I be better off creating my USB installer for High Sierra to begin with?

What problems should I expect?

Edited by Jon_K

Can someone help me with installing high sierra on a HP Workstation Z640. I have never done this before so I'm really confused about what needs to happen. I created a bootable usb installer. I boot up to the "Clover Boot Manager" and when I click "install macOS high sierra" the apple logo comes up but that's it; no loading bar and it's just stuck there. the screen is also offset so the apple logo is closer to the bottom right of the screen(I don't know if that's important). when I use verbose mode setting it gives me this

. I take it that means barely anything has happened.

I also decided to try the bootable usb on my laptop( ASUS G750jx - nvidia gtx 770M - intel corei7 4700HQ). In this case it doesn't even show the apple logo. It simply shows the computers default startup logo( Replublic Of Gamers Logo) but curiously also offsets the screen when its showing this logo. it then proceeds to startup up to my normal windows log in screen.

I however did not use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] installer to make the bootable disk I used the os terminal with the command by following this guide http://hackintosher.com/guides/make-macos-flash-drive-installer/

I am following this guide https://hackintosher.com/guides/macos-high-sierra-hackintosh-install-clover-walkthrough/ and now I'm stuck in that apple logo. 

IMG_4357.JPG