InsanelyMac Forum
chatdeau

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

Speedstepping still intact. Did nothing before or after the install other use an older kext for my wifi, and as I don't use nullcpu, installed a previously patched Applintelcpupowermanagement kext. Temperatures are the same as when I run Widows 10 on the same machine.

Hi jaymack

That's great!  I tried patching using post #921 guide on El Capitan 10.11.6 however I had instability up removing nullcpu kext.  Would you mind posting your

clover folder with your dsdt, ssdt, kexts, and clover config along with your patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext?

My z400 config is almost identical to your except I have 18gb ram. I will be attempting to upgrade to Sierra and then High Siera GM this weekend.

Thank You!

-apav

Advertisement

Hi jaymack

That's great!  I tried patching using post #921 guide on El Capitan 10.11.6 however I had instability up removing nullcpu kext.  Would you mind posting your

clover folder with your dsdt, ssdt, kexts, and clover config along with your patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext?

My z400 config is almost identical to your except I have 18gb ram. I will be attempting to upgrade to Sierra and then High Siera GM this weekend.

Thank You!

-apav

Install appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext  to S/L/E Delete all instances of nullcpu from kext folder. Repair permissions. 

I used this command to create an install USB for High Sierra. 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Use this config.plist with USB and install latest version of Clover

insanely.zip

config-sample-legacy.plist.zip

Install appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext  to S/L/E Delete all instances of nullcpu from kext folder. Repair permissions. 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Thanks jaymack,

I'll give it a go and report back!

-apav

Hello everyone.

I just installed the final version of Mac OS Hihg Sierra without any problems.
To do this I used:
For the creation of the USB key the utility provided by Rockey12 namely BootBuddy.app (very good).
Then I installed HighSierra without any problems.
For what uses an nvidia graphics card like me, when installing nvidia drivers, I had an error, after research I read that I had to modify the RTvariables in clover in order to pass CsrAticeconfig to 0x00, then to put it back in 0x67 and everything works.
I want to thank Rockey12, Jaymack as well as Chris1111 (for his installers, as they really are), but also the whole community for their work.

Thanks to ALL.

post-555267-0-70384100-1506937583_thumb.png

Hello everyone.

To do this I used:
For the creation of the USB key the utility provided by Rockey12 namely BootBuddy.app (very good).
For what uses an nvidia graphics card like me, when installing nvidia drivers, I had an error, after research I read that I had to modify the RTvariables in clover in order to pass CsrAticeconfig to 0x00, then to put it back in 0x67 and everything works.
I want to thank Rockey12, Jaymack as well as Chris1111 (for his installers, as they really are), but also the whole community for their work.

Thanks to ALL.

You too have always tried your best to help others to solve the many problems that come with getting an Hackintosh up and running and of course alway wanting the latest version of OS X!

Hello,

A small question about the Z400. Does your firewire work? Since the installation on Z400 I can not make it work. Rockey12 I noticed that in your config.plist there are settings for your firewire 'rubrque device', I tried to apply them but nothing done. I would like to know how you found these parameters with IOregistry?
Thank you.
Otherwise everything works, it's just one more firewire (history of perfection).
Thank you guys

Hello,

A small question about the Z400. Does your firewire work? Since the installation on Z400 I can not make it work. Rockey12 I noticed that in your config.plist there are settings for your firewire 'rubrque device', I tried to apply them but nothing done. I would like to know how you found these parameters with IOregistry?
Thank you.
Otherwise everything works, it's just one more firewire (history of perfection).
Thank you guys

How can it be known if firewire is working without having a Firewire device to test it?

How can it be known if firewire is working without having a Firewire device to test it?

Check your HPET device in DSDT. Probably, you need 4 IRQs instead of just 2. That's what did it for me. I had started out with a DSDT from jaymack initially but needed to make quite a few adjustments to it in order to get everything working properly for my Z400.

You can have a pretty good idea if your firewire is OK by looking at the Firewire line item of your System Profile. If there is a red message there, it's no bueno.

I make practically no mods through the clover config. I focus on the DSDT.

I plan to publish my config files when I get a chance if anyone is interested. I am only running 10.11.6, however.

Also, I never run installations. I simply "clone and go" making necessary EFI and SLE customizations along the way.

Edited by bisk

This appears to be the patch needed to achieve 4 IRQs. It's been such a long time since I played around with a DSDT that I don't remember how to apply it. The DSDT that I use, I got from a member who used to post here a long time ago. He too had an HP Z400.

Device (HPET)                {                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))                    Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {2}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {8}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {11}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {15}                        Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base                            0x00000400,         // Address Length                            _Y10)                    })                    ...

Honestly I´d gave up about update to High Sierra, my Z600 is running 10.12.5 fine, apart of Cmos Reset when shutdown and FaceTime doesn´t work, but for me not important.

Most of you are writing about change DSDT and things way above my knowledge

But then I see this 

Hello everyone.

To do this I used:

Thanks to ALL.

I give a try because I have a spare SSD 

Again, I do not read or prepare anything, download HighSierra, run BootBuddy and try (as this post say), do not even boot, I install Clover (do not know version even), put my 10.12 EFI partition and then go to apple screen a reboot forever.

I do not know what can I do, maybe if I have time I repeat with some investigation but it´s an wasted hour, no so easy.

I understand, no complaints, Hackintosh it´s not a plugandplay, I´m in it for years but looks overwhelming for me to learn programming or whatever is all that code.

Kif.007 i do not question what you post but could you help me a little, what step I miss? 

Thank you 

Honestly I´d gave up about update to High Sierra, my Z600 is running 10.12.5 fine, apart of Cmos Reset when shutdown and FaceTime doesn´t work, but for me not important.

Most of you are writing about change DSDT and things way above my knowledge

But then I see this 

I give a try because I have a spare SSD 

Again, I do not read or prepare anything, download HighSierra, run BootBuddy and try (as this post say), do not even boot, I install Clover (do not know version even), put my 10.12 EFI partition and then go to apple screen a reboot forever.

I do not know what can I do, maybe if I have time I repeat with some investigation but it´s an wasted hour, no so easy.

I understand, no complaints, Hackintosh it´s not a plugandplay, I´m in it for years but looks overwhelming for me to learn programming or whatever is all that code.

Kif.007 i do not question what you post but could you help me a little, what step I miss? 

Thank you 

Did you make a 10.13 folder and put your 10.12 kexts inside?

-apav

Hi Jaymack,

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra this weekend.  I had native sound working(on El Capitan) with Codeccommander however it was causing

kernel panic kext on boot on Sierra.  Just curious if you are using codeccommander and native sound or are you using voodooaudio for Sierra and High Sierra?

I have my Hi Sierra USB made with your help and it boots the installer just fine, I'm just waiting for my new flash drive before 

going to high sierra, I'd rather not have to convert to APFS after installing on my spinner hd.

Thanks for your help.

-apav

Did you make a 10.13 folder and put your 10.12 kexts inside?

-apav

Hi Jaymack,

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra this weekend.  I had native sound working(on El Capitan) with Codeccommander however it was causing

kernel panic kext on boot on Sierra.  Just curious if you are using codeccommander and native sound or are you using voodooaudio for Sierra and High Sierra?

I have my Hi Sierra USB made with your help and it boots the installer just fine, I'm just waiting for my new flash drive before 

going to high sierra, I'd rather not have to convert to APFS after installing on my spinner hd.

Thanks for your help.

-apav

If you look in my kext 10.13 folder you will see that I am using vooddoohda for the on board sound. In the past I used a Sound blaster Audigy card and then a USB sound device. Recently I started using the on board sound and it is more than good enough.

Hi Jaygrid

That's how I did.

1 - download High Sierra on App store (in Application)
2 - I used BootBuddy to create USB keys.
3- Once the installation keys finish, I have installed Clover 4221 (ESP) on usb keys
4 - In clover on usb keys:
Install your DSDT, Config.plist, and your Kexts in folder 10.13 and other
5 - Starts and installs H.Sierra. (Two part installation)

Normally must work
Here are my files if this can help.

PS: I had this reboot problem, which I corrected by putting in clover / kexts / 10.13 and other folder NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Archive.zip

Hi Jaygrid

That's how I did.

1 - download High Sierra on App store (in Application)
2 - I used BootBuddy to create USB keys.
3- Once the installation keys finish, I have installed Clover 4221 (ESP) on usb keys
4 - In clover on usb keys:
Install your DSDT, Config.plist, and your Kexts in folder 10.13 and other
5 - Starts and installs H.Sierra. (Two part installation)

Normally must work
Here are my files if this can help.

PS: I had this reboot problem, which I corrected by putting in clover / kexts / 10.13 and other folder NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

No need to use nullcpu if you patch a vanilla appleintelcpupowermanagement kext. If you use speedstep the cpu will run cooler and the fans will work less hard. I only now use a kexts 10.13 folder.

Yes, I put all the kexts in 10.13 folder but didn't´t work

I put your files and the same

maybe Z600 is  different or double processor or who knows

I have problems with booting from usb, don't know why, I always use a data drive, this is the way I install Sierra, hope this gives a clue

Thx for all the help. Something is different with a dual processor Z600/Z620. This is only a problem with High Sierra, if I try Sierra 10.12.6 it works flawless and smooth.

Non of the hints and tools worked for my machine, so i give up and sold it.

Beautiful machine, but have no time to wait...no up2date macOS - no way for the machine.

Next try with i9-7900x...fingers crossed.

I Just Installed el capitan on my hackintosh. But cannot install my AMD FirePro v5900.

PC Config: HP z220 cmt workstation

Processor: i7 3770 @3.4 GHz

GPU: AMD FirePro v5900 2048MB

Attached: system info, clover

post-2284126-0-73306000-1507936789_thumb.png

After so many time spent, Sierra does not install on my machine.
I have a Z800, latest bios, dual Xenon X5680 (24 cores total), 96gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB G1, Dual display, RAID 5 for windows 10 and an separated 500GB HD for Sierra.
I use corei3cpu instructions, and various others variations, but the far I got was this screen on Clover boot.

At this point, any help will be surely appreciated.
For Sierra or even HighSierra.

Sorry if I am missing some basic fact, but I was off the Hackintosh community for a -very- long time.

post-147240-0-38007900-1508025827_thumb.jpg

After so many time spent, Sierra does not install on my machine.

I have a Z800, latest bios, dual Xenon X5680 (24 cores total), 96gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB G1, Dual display, RAID 5 for windows 10 and an separated 500GB HD for Sierra.

I use corei3cpu instructions, and various others variations, but the far I got was this screen on Clover boot.

At this point, any help will be surely appreciated.

For Sierra or even HighSierra.

boot args

-v nv_disable=1 dart=0 

also make sure inject intel=false and inject Nvidia =false

if does not work, post your EFI folder here

Thanks in advance, chris1111.

I dont have the inject "intel=false" option in my Clover.

I am using the lastest version.

Update: I figure that out in config file. Will try It out.

Doesn`t work.

Same error, and same slow speed to boot.

My EFI folder from the USB boot drive is --exactly-- the same as corei3cpu posted in:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk235fzgzh2ioad/HPz800_Install_Files.zip?dl=0

in your Clover EFI you try to inject kext by two directory
Other and 10xx Try to used only one directory

Also do not try to inject audio kext to install OS X, so remove your Audio kext in Other or 10xx

To Install OS X with your graphic card try this config.plist attaching here.
Good luck

config.plist.zip

Doesn't work.

Somehow, this stops on the same point.

After researching, I achieve to install Sierra flawless with this EFI below.

But when boot from the harddisk, the USB doesn`t work.

WHou!!!  you are using strange programme

<key>Theme</key>
<string>iatkos</string>

Maybe thats why you have. tones of issue