chatdeau

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

1,494 posts in this topic

Thanks, but I still have the same problem. Again it's stuck at "waiting on <...><..> IOProviderClass..." after like 30 seconds the screen changes to this (picture attached)...is that a problem with my graphic card (Nvidia quadro 600) ?

and I don't need to patch my dsdt at all?

Have you tried safemode?

Advertisement

Thank you Rockey,

These two go in S/L/E or in Kext folder of EFI??

into in S/L/E 

Thanks, but I still have the same problem. Again it's stuck at "waiting on <...><..> IOProviderClass..." after like 30 seconds the screen changes to this (picture attached)...is that a problem with my graphic card (Nvidia quadro 600) ?

and I don't need to patch my dsdt at all?

Definitely you need patched dsdt

62b4fb14df0190253c2df33f519ee660.png

for Z620 clover  10.12 folder

into in S/L/E 

Definitely you need patched dsdt

62b4fb14df0190253c2df33f519ee660.png

for Z620 clover  10.12 folder

ok I have all of these...my FakeSMC.kext is the most recent one from rehabman including cpusensor gpusensor,....

after my first install, istats didn't show any temperature or fan speed. so I got weird feeling, since the fans didn't spin faster while using prime95 torture test. so right now im trying to reinstall everything. 

When the istats shows 0,0°C, it means that system dosen't know, when to speed up the fans right?

also I think, a correctly patched dsdt could solve everything right? but using maciASL confuses me, because I don't know which patches I need. I included RehabMan's repository but I really don't understand which of all patches I need. all tutorials I found where specific for some parts, but no one explained, how to choose the right one and how to find out which I need

ok I have all of these...my FakeSMC.kext is the most recent one from rehabman including cpusensor gpusensor,....

after my first install, istats didn't show any temperature or fan speed. so I got weird feeling, since the fans didn't spin faster while using prime95 torture test. so right now im trying to reinstall everything. 

When the istats shows 0,0°C, it means that system dosen't know, when to speed up the fans right?

also I think, a correctly patched dsdt could solve everything right? but using maciASL confuses me, because I don't know which patches I need. I included RehabMan's repository but I really don't understand which of all patches I need. all tutorials I found where specific for some parts, but no one explained, how to choose the right one and how to find out which I need

here is a patched dsdt from z420 you can use as reference

Archive.zip

Guys, I am starting to lose my mind.

I bought an SSD drive so decided to install El Capitan from fresh on my Z800, as I am having issues with my gfx card on Sierra

I have the following kexts in the 10.11 folder:

jChJ5Jv.png

I also have the following flags enabled: -v -dart=0 -rootless=0 kext-dev-mode=1

and have Nvidia set to VESA mode.

Unfortunately I am getting the following kernel panic when I try to boot into the el Cap usb disk:

738Np8Dl.jpg

What seems to be causing this? I had no issues the first time I installed Sierra on this machine. Or is El Capitan not compatible?

I bought an SSD drive so decided to install El Capitan from fresh on my Z800, as I am having issues with my gfx card on Sierra

jChJ5Jv.png

Unfortunately I am getting the following kernel panic when I try to boot into the el Cap usb disk:

738Np8Dl.jpg

What seems to be causing this? I had no issues the first time I installed Sierra on this machine. Or is El Capitan not compatible?

Have you tried booting the install USB in safemode.?

Hello, everybody.

Help me to properly configure my workstation. Want to use Mac OX Sierra or Yosemite.

I have successfully installed and started OS X, I'm install Clover to /EFI/CLOVER partition,

but I do not understand what kext, patch i must do.

Someone can help me.

What kext i must to put in /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.12/ ?

What in /S/L/E/ ?

What i must to delete from /S/L/E/

I'm dont understant what dsdt must to use and  where they should locate.

And my video don't work properly. "About this mac" write video 3 mb, and resolutin is bad.

May be somebody can create archive, with kext, dsdt, ssdt and other... and write where i must to put or install them. Which need to delete or patch.

My spec:

HP z420

Processor Intel Xeon E5-1603 @ 2.80GHz (LGA2011)

MB C600/X79, Intel Sandy Bridge-EP

RAM 8 GB ( 4x2GB ECC UDDR3 )

Video AMD FirePro V3900  (1 GB)

SSD Kingston 120 GB

Sound Realtek ALC262

Raid controller LSI Adapter, SAS2 2308 Mustang

boot osX by defalut config.plist with arg: -v npci=0x2000

PS : sorry for my English.

Hi GreenBunny

Finally I reach El Capitan starting and installing from USB to Harddisk, I have an HP620 an old 2012/13 workstation, I'm not an expert but following this guide (  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314799-guide-z820-el-capitan-the-great-guide-sucess/)I reach the goal.

I'm in the middle of fixing process and I have a similar configuration like your computer. Try to read with attention the guide it function! (or maybe for me)

P.S. Where you can from?

Hi Rockey,

Right, so correct me if I'm wrong.

r7QP1FY.jpg

The upper ports (yellow box) are the standard SATA ports which connect to the hot plug bays?

And the bottom set of ports (blue box) are the SAS controller ones which won't work in OSX??

They all work in OS-X . All the ports work in OS-X . Just don't disable the SAS controller in bios.

There is no need to disable the SAS controller in bios.

I have my DVD, Blu-ray, and 2.5" SSD's connected to the Top black Sata ports.

I have my drive bays storage hard-drives connected to my SAS controller.

I am not using raid however. I did not configure raid. However I could have if I wanted to.

All the Sata ports work with OS-X Sierra. 

You can switch the Sata cables around to your liking.

jChJ5Jv.png

738Np8Dl.jpg

jChJ5Jv.png

738Np8Dl.jpg

Download my USB Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

See my post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?p=2335626

Hi guys, I was thinking if my problems (audio and firewire in os x el capitan) were in kexts of EFI folder and S/L/E folder, instead of DSDT.

I have this kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts folder:

- AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext

- AHCIPortInjector.kext

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- ApplePCIIDE.kext

- ATAPortInjector.kext

- Disabler.kext

- FakeSMC.ketx

- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.ketx

- LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.ketx

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- realtekALC.kext

- USB_Series8_Injector.kext

- USB_Series9_Injector.kext

- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I have installed or replaced this kexts in S/L/E:

- AHCIPortInjector_v100_Micky1979.kext

- AppleHDA.kext

- AppleHPET.kext

- CodecCommander.kext

- FakeSMC.kext

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext

- HDMIAudio.ketx

- lspcidrv.ketx

- RtWlanU.kext

- RtWlanU1827.kext

- VoodooHDA_v2.87.kext

- VoodooTSCSync.kext

I got all of them of one attached file in this post.

What do you think?

What kexts do you think I can delete?

Download my USB Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

See my post:

http://www.insanelym...tion/?p=2335626

Hi guys,

First off.....MAJOR thanks for this thread and installation guides! AMAZING!

That being said I have managed to install Sierra onto my Z800, the issue I am having is I can only boot into Sierra via my Clover USB, If I attempt to boot from my OSX HDD I get the following error "boot0af: error"

Any chance someone could guide me through fixing this? Would be hugely grateful!

Cheers,

Jon.

Current config:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Z800

CPU: 2 x 6 Core X5670 Xeon 2.97ghz

RAM: 24gb

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 4gb

HDD:

240gb OCZ SSD (Windows 10 OS)

1TB SSD (Windows Data Folder)

1TB WD BLUE (MAC OS - SIERRA)

250gb Seagate Barracuda (MAC Data Folder)

See my post:

You do not seem to have one of these.         It seems you are in the wrong thread.

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

Yes, That is an HP z800 motherboard.

Good Evening Rockey, and everyone. I hope I can get some help with what is turning out to be a very arduous weeklong endeavor of trying to get Sierra to even install on my Z800. I have so far managed to get the BIOS settings to be exactly as Rockey has them, and have the USB bootable with clover and necessary kexts. The problem is that I end up getting a "(com.apple.appkit.xpc.sandboxServiceRunner) <Warning>: the JoinExistingSession key is only available to application services" error. 

I have gotten my clover, kexts, DSDT, as well as the config.plist from a guide that is on here for the z800. I was wondering if there was something on there that is stopping it from going any further. I am adding them below for anyone to check and get back to me. I have spent many many hours trying to get this to install, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated

System Specs if anyone is curious

2x X5670

256GB micron SSD(connected to regular SATA ports and not SAS ports)

48GB 1333 DDR3 ECC Ram (4GB x12)

Firepro V5900 graphics card

See my post:

Hi Rockey,

Right, so correct me if I'm wrong.

r7QP1FY.jpg

The upper ports (yellow box) are the standard SATA ports which connect to the hot plug bays?

And the bottom set of ports (blue box) are the SAS controller ones which won't work in OSX??

In bios make these changes:

Security > System Security

-               Data Execution Prevention = Enable

-               Virtualization (VTx) = Enable

-               Virtualization (VT-d2) = Enable

-               AES Instruction = Enable

Security > Device Security (Everything to “Device Available” except these)

-               Serial port = Hidden

-               Internal USB = Enable

-               SAS Controller = Enable

-               Legacy Diskette = Hidden

-               Embedded Security = Enable

NIC wake on lan = Hidden/Disable

I have connected my boot drives to the Sata controller.

I have connected my Storage drives( hard drive caddies ) to the SAS controller

Check you Sata cables and make sure they are connected to the correct controller.

You can switch the sata cables around on the motherboard to fix this.

Thanks very much for posting this, ZorroZZ.  My Z800 with 3.60 BIOS and EVGA GTX770 is doing pretty well with El Capitan after following this guide.

Only one real hitch so far - as soon as I send the box to sleep, it wakes up after two or three seconds.  OSX Console says this is due to UHC1, UHC5.  I've disabled all "Wake on LAN/USB" settings in the BIOS but this persists.  Is there a further DSDT patch I need to apply?

Just making a belated note that when I got around to unplugging a USB KVM from the Z800 to test, it would finally stay asleep properly.  I thought I tried this before unsuccessfully with El Kap (it might work there too), but it does work with Sierra.  I think the KVM was sending some USB signal every few seconds which was making the Z800 wake up a few seconds each time after it was sent to sleep.

Cheers again for all the great help on here.

Just making a belated note that when I got around to unplugging a USB KVM from the Z800 to test, it would finally stay asleep properly.  I thought I tried this before unsuccessfully with El Kap (it might work there too), but it does work with Sierra.  I think the KVM was sending some USB signal every few seconds which was making the Z800 wake up a few seconds each time after it was sent to sleep.

Cheers again for all the great help on here.

Sleep/wake should work Vanilla. No need to add powermanagement.kexts or any other kexts.

Just make sure you have "wake on lan activity" disabled in network settings and disable "wake on lan" in bios NIC settings.

Hi guys, I was thinking if my problems (audio and firewire in os x el capitan) were in kexts of EFI folder and S/L/E folder, instead of DSDT.

- AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext

- AHCIPortInjector.kext

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- ApplePCIIDE.kext

- ATAPortInjector.kext

- Disabler.kext

- FakeSMC.ketx

- realtekALC.kext

- USB_Series8_Injector.kext

- USB_Series9_Injector.kext

- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- AHCIPortInjector_v100_Micky1979.kext

- AppleHDA.kext

- AppleHPET.kext

- CodecCommander.kext

- FakeSMC.kext

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext

- HDMIAudio.ketx

- lspcidrv.ketx

- RtWlanU.kext

- RtWlanU1827.kext

- VoodooHDA_v2.87.kext

- VoodooTSCSync.kext

I got all of them of one attached file in this post.

What do you think?

What kexts do you think I can delete?

You don't need most of those kexts

I used these

AHCIPortInjector.kext

FakeSMC.ketx

AHCIPortInjector.kext

FakeSMC.ketx

You only need  "VoodooTSCSync.kext" in the USB installer. /EFI/Clove/Kexts

This is my first post on InsanelyMac after 6 years of hibernation, where a lot of things happened and changed. I'm glad to be back again and see how the "new kids on the block" rule the matter!

RESPECT!

My HW Specs:

HP Z800 Workstation  BIOS V.3.60

2 x Intel® Xeon® processor X5650 2.66 GHz, 12MB cache 1333 MHz memory, 6-Core

*   24GB DDR3 RAM     *     GFX: Nvidia QUADRO 6000.   *

Windows 10 on RAID0 LSILogic RAID SAS 1068E Controller (3 x 420GB SAS HD)

Backup SAS HD 1TB on LSILogic RAID SAS 1068E Controller

Windows 10 on RAID0 Intel RST ICH10 Controller (3 x 120GB SSD)

Sierra on Kingston 120GB SSDNow  on SATA port 1

USB 3.1 IcyBox PCI-e Controller

Following instructions from here I have installed Sierra 10.12.5 on my Z800 successfully.

I didn't´t touch my DSDT jet, because I won't first to learn and understand what I am doing.

At the moment I have Problem with USB and Audio. The 2 middle USB ports from 6 on the Back do not working. For the Sound I am using at the moment combination of three Kexts:

AppleALC.kext & Lily.kext, which MacPeet patched for me, but only with the CodecCommander.kext installed in S/L/E i can hear the Sound!

I have patched 15 USB ports Limit in the Clover, but did´n have success.

At the moment I am using this Kexts in EFI/Kexts/10.12:

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleALC.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext

Lilu.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement_v1.0.0d2_tgwbd.kext

Any Advices?

Hi quattrofx thanks for the comments im gonna attached my patched dsdt and a acpi 3.0a PDF file there are lots of information how to creat dsdt patch 

Hi Rockey12!

THX for your replay and BIG THX for all of Hard WORK you are doing here! THX goes also to Chris and all the HacMac Family! RESPECT!  :thumbsup_anim:

Following your work I was able to pre- and post install fast everything successfully, except of some USB glitches witch I explained in this Forum:

https://www.root86.com/topic/8508-os-x-sierra-10125-on-hp-z800-clover/?p=96873

and here:

https://www.root86.com/topic/8506-z600-usb-probleme/?p=96996

How did you solve your USB & PM? I just won't to know the right way, because I was away for 6 years and a lot of things changed, but I am willing to learn.... It is just easy to take your DSDT and work with it, without understanding how, but not for me.... :-)

There are some more questions on this Topic witch I have posted (it is in German language, you understand it, or?). Should I post it here in English as well?

Best Regards

QFX

thanks again it doesn't matter English or german the important thing is to make some progress don't hesitate to ask any question 

Ok.

How did you solve your USB & PM? Should I create my own DSDT or can I use the Clover to do this? If I use DSDT, what stuff should I disable im Clover? I don't won't that DSDT comes into conflict with Clover.

THX & BR

QFX