chatdeau

HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

1,499 posts in this topic

Rockey, I am having problem with CMOS  reset since I updated to Sierra, do you know what can I do?

I use Apple RTC, even I load a "Patched_10.12_AppleRTC.kext" in the kexts folder but no luck

Only happens sometimes after shutdown not sleep/wake cycle

Please  :help:

Advertisement

check your dsdt RTC part if there is something wrong

Patched AppleRTC.kext  for === 10.12.3 put in clover kext folder

DSDT Patch

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                            0x01,               // Alignment
                            0x08,               // Length
                            )
                    })
                }

AppleRTC.kext.zip

Rockey, I do not know how to check that, remember, you patched my dsdt file. 

I put the AppleRTC file in 10.12 kext folder in EFI partition. Should I put it anywhere else?

Attached is my dsdt if you can check it for me, or better tell me how to do it 

Thank you

DSDT.aml.zip

Rockey, i´ve download an app (MaciASL) and looking for RTC I found a part exactly as you posted.

This is a screen capture

I think I have my dsdt patched for Sierra RTC Cmos, I´m wrong?

Again thank you for your help

post-318058-0-19648800-1485374615_thumb.png

Anyone got the onboard Z400 onboard Firewire card working?

I really need it because we use fw audio interfaces in our music studio.

Any luck anydbody?

Regards

Tim

Anyone got the onboard Z400 onboard Firewire card working?

I really need it because we use fw audio interfaces in our music studio.

Any luck anydbody?

Regards

Tim

Yes, 

1) Enable Firewire in bios. 1394

2) Edit clover config.plist and disable SIP

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.

Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:

csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)

csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)

csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

Code (Text):
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

3) On boot drive /system/library/extentions/

Delete AppleHPET.kext

4) Use DPCImanger app to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

5) Reboot.

See my files and how to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?p=2335626

Hi, I have an HP Z400 Hexacore x5650, 12 GB RAM and a graphic card Nvidia Quadro NVS300 with 2 SSD's. The BIOS version is 3.57.

The first has installed OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

The second has installed Windows 7.

I want to install OSX El Capitán, but I have some questions.

Firstly, can I have Mavericks in one hard drive and El capitan in the other hard drive? I know that it's strange, but I want to do it because I want to test some programs without lost everything in Mavericks.

Secondly, how can I install OSX El capitan? Although I have read a lot of pages of this topic, I'm very lost.

I think I have to use clover?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I hope you can please help me with this.

Thank you.

I have installed on my z800 OS-X El Capitan. Everything appears to be working fine. 

However I have a couple of things I still need to configure.

1) I am using an SSD connected to my Sata ports ( Not SAS. I am not using SAS for anything. All my drives are connected to Sata ports )

I can see all my Sata drives just fine and they all work fine. I do have a PCIe card with an SSD ( 2.5") installed and I can not see this SSD in Clover boot loader. I can see it just fine once I boot up in El Capitan however.

I have MS-Windows installed on this SSD so I would like to see it in Clover boot loader so I can select it and boot from it. Do you know how I can fix this? What kexts or Clover boot loader setting do I need?

2) How can I use a PS2 keyboard in OS-X ?  Legacy Bios only works with PS2 keyboard connected.

Update: I was able to fix my SSD problem by connecting all boot drives and DVD and Blu-ray drive to the sata port controller.

I have SAS enabled in bios and I connected all my storage drives in the z800 drive bays for hard drives to the SAS controller by switch the Sata cables around.

I can see all my drives now and it all works just fine.

I am using kexts - LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext and AHCIportinjector.kext

I am using Clover boot loader legacy

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/el-capitan-post-install-tools.294/

I am using all (4) bay drives connected to the SAS controller. ( 6tb. drives )

(2) 240gb. SSD's , One for El Cap and the other for Win-10, Dual boot.

Bluray burner and DVD-RW.

I am not using the SAS controller in a Raid configuration however I could if I wanted to or I could just use the OS-X Disk utility Raid setup. 

I am still using an HP USB and PS2 keyboards.

I have dual boot with El Capitan and Win-10

Everything works fine in both OS's

I think it runs better with OS-X than with MS-Windows-10. At least all the apps work in OS-X. Windows-10 has app problems.

7.2 Surround Sound Via "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs" or "Behringer UCA202" Audio device.

DTS, THX, Dolby Digital, Cinema Theater, Pro Logic, etc.....They all work when connected to an AV receiver via toslink.

Audigy 2zs Kexts used - kxaudiodriver.kext  

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-pcie-5-rx-working.155891/

LG Blu-ray burner and Firewire works too.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-WH16NS40-Internal-Blu-ray-Rewriter/dp/B00E7B08MS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482900638&sr=8-2&keywords=lg+blu+ray+drive+pc

SSD adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-2-5-SSD-to-3-5-654540-001-Adapter-Converter-HDD-Bay-Bracket-US-Seller-/122158352826?hash=item1c713489ba:g:uq4AAOSwYIxX2x3f

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDACL6G.S/

https://www.amazon.com/Lycom-DT-120-PCIe-Adapter-Support/dp/B00MYCQP38/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483495779&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=ssd+adapter+pcie+litcom

My Build is basically the same as a 2012 12-core Mac Pro only a PC version:

HP z800 ( dual xeon x5670 hex core, total of 12-cores, 24-threads )

Memory - 48gb DDR3 ECC

CPU Liquid cooled

Hard drives - (4) 2tb and 3tb. storage drives

SSD - (2) 120gb. 2.5"

Graphics - Nvidia GT 610 El Capitan ( For MacOS Sierra you will need an Nvidia GT 630, 710, or 730 or Higher ).

Wifi-ac / bluetooth  - Apple Broadcom  bcm94360cd PCIE with adapter. ( ebay purchase ).

Audio - Creative labs Audigy 2zs or Behringer UCA202 USB audio device. ( 7.2 Surround sound. )

LG DVD-RW and Bluray burner

Dual displays ( 32-inch and 50-inch TV . 1080p ).

HP PS2 and USB keyboard and mouse.

Webcams - Logitech 610 and HP 310

Speakers - Klipsch and Yamaha AV reciever 7.2

Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk235fzgzh2ioad/HPz800_Install_Files.zip?dl=0

For Xeon CPU's use VoodooTSCsync.kext for your appropriate CPU. Place kexts in your Install USB only ( /EFI/Clover/Kext/ ).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/

Where are you placing the kext for your  Creative labs Audigy 2zs? I have not been able to get mine to work since Mavericks.

Still having CMOS reset, anyone who has an idea, please

In Bios

1) Select to Setup/load defaults

2) Disable/hidden ( Serial port, SAS Controller = enable, Legacy Diskette = Hidden , Embedded Security = Hidden  ).

3) Make sure  Virtualization (VTx) =  Enable, Virtualization (VT-d2) = Enable

Where are you placing the kext for your  Creative labs Audigy 2zs? I have not been able to get mine to work since Mavericks.

Download kexts

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-pcie-5-rx-working.155891/

Edit Clover config.plist

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.

Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig set to Disable completely ( 0x67 )

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:

csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)

csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)

csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

Code (Text):
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Copy kxaudiodriver.kext to the following folders

/EFI/Clover/kexts/

and

On boot drive /system/library/extentions

Use DPCImanger to do this.

3) On boot drive /system/library/extentions/

Delete AppleHPET.kext

4) Use DPCImanger app to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

https://sourceforge....ts/dpcimanager/

5) Reboot.

See my files and how to:

http://www.insanelym...tion/?p=2335626

Hi, I have an HP Z400 Hexacore x5650, 12 GB RAM and a graphic card Nvidia Quadro NVS300 with 2 SSD's. The BIOS version is 3.57.

The first has installed OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 with #####.

The second has installed Windows 7.

I want to install OSX El Capitán, but I have some questions.

Firstly, can I have Mavericks in one hard drive and El capitan in the other hard drive? I know that it's strange, but I want to do it because I want to test some programs without lost everything in Mavericks.

Secondly, how can I install OSX El capitan? Although I have read a lot of pages of this topic, I'm very lost.

I think I have to use clover?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I hope you can please help me with this.

Thank you.

Yes, should work fine. use the latest clover boot loader. Load OS's on separate drives.

corei3cpu     Thank you

I´d already have that settings but did´t work

I find a config.plist of a Z600 here and it works, but it have a lot of options marked. I think they are not necessary so, now I am in the process of taken out some of them 

Ok, corei3cpu, so I can install El capitan with your files of this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk235fzgzh2ioad/HPz800_Install_Files.zip?dl=0

I've seen that it contains a great guide of how to install it.

After all, I suppose I could run the OS that I want without any change in Mavericks?

P.D: the version of Bios has to be 3.57, 3.6 or 3.06? Because I have v3.57 and in your guide I see "Update BIOS to version 3.06"

Thank you so much for your attention and participation!

corei3cpu     Thank you

I´d already have that settings but did´t work

I find a config.plist of a Z600 here and it works, but it have a lot of options marked. I think they are not necessary so, now I am in the process of taken out some of them 

What didn't work?

After every shutdown?

Yes, I think I solve it checking Shutdown Fix and Halt Enabler, buy not sure exactly what solve my problem, still many options to clear

Yes, I think I solve it checking Shutdown Fix and Halt Enabler, buy not sure exactly what solve my problem, still many options to clear

Are you talking about your config plist and Clover Configurator?

Did not work for me. With an HP Z400 at least ,if you have the correct Bios settings, you will not get the CMOS resetting problem.

Did not work for me. With an HP Z400 at least ,if you have the correct Bios settings, you will not get the CMOS resetting problem.

Maybe your CMOS battery is dead....try to replace it with a new one.

Maybe your CMOS battery is dead....try to replace it with a new one.

It's fine. My CMOS is no longer resetting.  The battery was the first thing that I checked.