InsanelyMac Forum
chris1111

Chameleon OS X El Capitan

I have the following:

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 and ASUS GRYPHON Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 uATX Intel Motherboard

No Graphics cards ?

Advertisement

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 TI 2047MB

Ok the latest Installer here have support El Capitan  for USB Installer and Post Installer

kernel.plist is included on Extra Folder  , your just need to edit your boot plist and ad or remove

what you want

You can test El Capitan 

Because you are looking at wrong Topic for that:            #3502            

The package options under "Patches" are self explanatory.

I have that version. It's just I'm baffled/confused on what boot flags to use when starting or if I need to change something I already have as a boot flag.

I have that version. It's just I'm baffled/confused on what boot flags to use when starting or if I need to change something I already have as a boot flag.

If you have Extra/Extension kexts KernelBooter_kexts=Yes in kernel.plist for sure to run Installers/Recovery HD.

No need to say that you need an Extra folder with those file to the root of the installer and boot from there by changing the bios priority for your devices. (or do that in the boot partition to boot normally)

You probably need also the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to run the installer with your CPU (this depend by your bios). But I think you already know this.

UseKernelCache=Yes does nothing since is the bootloader that decide this automatically (is usefull only if you need UseKernelCache=No, to force using kernel ) otherwise remove it.

Also add CsrActiveConfig = 67 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist to run your installer

THREAD IS CLOSED

Thanks to all user  and I really happy to helping lots of user

to install OS X on her machine

I am out of Chameleon Packaging here

Good luck !

Hope I am not out of line here but.....

You can still use the last version. Just temporarily re-name the Install OS X El Capitan to Install OS X El Capitan GM then run the app to make installer USB. I just tested and works fine.

Also you can use Chris's Universal OS X Installer app or even the His Clover app (but install your boot loader part).

Many Thanks for your work Chris.

Clover i dont know what to install clover bootloader

would depend on your hardware... put it in your signature... it would help others to help you.

I have an older motherboard so I use Chameleon or Clover (in Legacy). Also for me I actually use less custom kext in clover (atm only 1 for my LAN), which is nice.

Clover i dont know what to install clover bootloader

I was a chameleon guy until5 months ago when I was forced into using Clover boot loader because of Haswell CPU (Xeon E3-1225V3) which has early reboot I was not able to install Yosemite using Chameleon. 

Clover was easy in installing Yosemite. In EL Capitan, please read the following guide.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan - HackintoshOSX.com

Mac OS X EL Capitan implemented a lot of changes that Apple claimed to strengthened the OS system security by implementing Sip (System Protection Integrity). Therefore, installing 3rd party kext or patching kext now is not routine like before. I think SIP is to make life difficult for mackintosh people like us. The right thing is to disable SIP, install 3rd party kexts or patching kext, repair permission rebuild cache reboot and rearm SIP. I am waiting for the expert here to guide us to do that. The URL I provided talk about it but I am sure I can follow. I am waiting. I already downloaded El Capitan GM today.

Good luck and good hack. Clover is great boot loader. Put your rig system down as your signature so that other people can help you better knowing your PC specs.

problem me ! im on MBR Partition and i don't know must choice the thing to boot :(

I never dual boot Windows and OS X in the same hard drive. I am lucky that I did not have a MB that requires me to partition MBR. I have been hackintosh for 7 years and always partition my HD drive for OS X in GPT.

I cannot help you personally. Following URL is a good guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/

I learned a lot from it and it helps me understand why Mac OS X is a challenge for hackintosh. Lucky that at Insanely Mac, we have people like Chris1111, Pokenguyen, Rehabman and many genius like them to help us here. 

Please post your PC specs so that other people with similar system can help you better. I have to speculate you have  specific Gigabyte Z77 MB that requires MBR partition? 

Chris 1111 will come out with or may already have Clover Installer for El Capitan, give it a shot. Get right into it and learn Clover.

Google Clover wiki and read the following for basic understanding of Clover.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/

Good luck!

I am trying to avoid starting once again from clean install... :-( Same Year same story for me on hackintosh. Now i use chameleon with yosemite on my SSD disk.

I made an El Capitan Bootable Usb Stick. I Used that to install El capitan for some tests on an external usb disk.

Can i upgrade Yosemite to el capitan from Mac Store in the main Yosemite partition ( SSD ), after that use the El Capitan usb stick to boot in the new updated installation and then install the new chameleon in the partition ?

When i am running the El Capitan Installation from the Mac store which i've downloaded it just reboot . No installation.

I just rename the install El Capital Osx to GM name to install by tool in GM ! Everything as well and i can install Final version by Chameleon tool for GM ! Thanks for all your help Chriss & Philz :D