Core 2 Duo speed stepping

5 posts in this topic

I have three questions:

1) Will the Core 2 Duos (E6300 etc.) have fully working speed stepping functionalities when run in a Hackintosh? (Will it throttle both the frequency and the voltage? (Does EIST work???))

2) Can I somehow control this from MacOSX, i.e. can I set some kind of profile for the behaviour?

3) What programs are there for displaying information on the current temperature, frequency and voltage use of a CPU?

Thanks for answering my questions!

/tomtefar

I have EIST and speed control disabled on my core2duo.

But I thought throttling was something entirely different (happens on cpu overheat)?? EIST and speed control are similar to the pentium M's whereby they change the multiplier down aren't they?

Also you can use a program called CoreDuoTemp for temp monitoring. There is another which shows in system prefs but I can't remember what it's called now.

Uhuum... ... yeah, maybe not for you aberracus, but it is for me. Since I will be putting my comp in a very tight comparment with minimal airflow, getting the least heat from the chip while ideling will be a good thing.

Anyhow, do you mean that since this is not a goal for most people noone has gotten this to work with the Core 2 Duos??

bahahahah, you want to get a E6300?

They genrate so little heat (i have one) my fan doesnt even spin and it idles at about 28 degress in a little box if yuo wanted to make it even cooler underclock it