chris1111

OS X El Capitan DVD Creator.app

70 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Thanks chris1111, used your El Capitan DVD Creator and now i have a iso to do a clean install of mac os x in vmware workstation player

Worked like magic.

Hello

Actually i have a MacBook Pro with a 64GB SSD and OS X 10.10.2 running. I downloaded the OS X El Capitain 10.11.1 (15B42).dmg and saved  the .dmg to my desktop. Double click on it and mounted the .dmg.

No i open the OS X El Captain DVD creator and dragged the installation.app from the mounted .dmg to the creator and pressed enter and a.

After entering my password the creator starts. I'm waiting about 60 minutes now. First i saw some % outputs from the proper in the terminal. Now i see only  'installer:PHASE Running package scripts.

Does anybody know whats wrong?

Hello

Actually i have a MacBook Pro with a 64GB SSD and OS X 10.10.2 running. I downloaded the OS X El Capitain 10.11.1 (15B42).dmg and saved  the .dmg to my desktop. Double click on it and mounted the .dmg.

No i open the OS X El Captain DVD creator and dragged the installation.app from the mounted .dmg to the creator and pressed enter and a.

After entering my password the creator starts. I'm waiting about 60 minutes now. First i saw some % outputs from the proper in the terminal. Now i see only  'installer:PHASE Running package scripts.

Does anybody know whats wrong?

Not a .dmg This is your error

Open the dmg and Put the .app on desktop before starting 

This installer need .app  whatch the video and read again

Done Fixes  :D  :thumbsup_anim:

I stay with 8 gig  :P

I"ve just resize image 

hdiutil resize -size `hdiutil resize -limits /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`b /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage

Installer attaching  to the first thread

img_0213.jpg

Issue is fix  B)

Chris1111 thanks for your installer, I want to know where I have to put all the code that you provide (hdiutil resize -size `hdiutil resize -limits /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`b /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage),

I am a little doomie :P

Chris1111 thanks for your installer, I want to know where I have to put all the code that you provide (hdiutil resize -size `hdiutil resize -limits /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`b /tmp/OSXElCapitan.sparseimage),

No where , just ran the programme

the V6 of your installer didnt worked :( What should I do to install el capital? Where I should write the code that you provide? I cant understand :/

the V6 of your installer didnt worked  :( What should I do to install el capital? Where I should write the code that you provide? I cant understand :/

No where , just ran the programme

I ran it both versions 5 and 6 but no one worked, still have the same problem :/

If i install el-capitan using CD does it creates recovery HD like "Createmedia" methods do??

Every Install OS X Create RecoveryHD

I'm getting an error at 97.75000% when creating an El Capitan boot DVD.

The install failed (The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance)

When I want to do a rerun I need to do the following steps

• hdiutil eject /dev/disk1
  • hdiutil eject /dev/disk2
  • sudo su
  • rm -rf OSX_EL_CAPITAN.....
  • reboot

Then I can rerun the script without crashing immediately again. But at the end still the same error at 97.75000% without any extra information.

Disk space : OK

Elevated access : OK

El Capitan : Downloaded via AppStore

New to the forum here but, is there any way to do this in Windows or Linux by any chance?

EDIT:

By this I mean to convert dmg installer of El Capitan to bootable iso

New to the forum here but, is there any way to do this in Windows or Linux by any chance?

EDIT:

EDIT:

You can try this method on windows

http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/bootdiskutility_exe/0-5