• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thomaspetersen
      Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By Badruzeus
      OPENSTEP was an operating system created by NeXT Software Inc. It served as the basis for Mac OS X after Steve Jobs came back to Apple after Apple acquired NeXT. This is simply to show computer history.

Guest OS: (Next) OpenSTEP 4.2
      Virtualization: VirtualBox 5.2.18
      Host OS: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G22010)
      Credit for installation guide: http://openstep.bfx.re/

• By WarDoc
      This Post is for helping users with issue that come with Whatevergreen

Feel free to join in and help users if you know your stuff
      also get the dev's of whatever green to join as well

Whatevergreen has a few issues

Multi-monitor Support is lacking as 2 monitors seems to be the limit for some even if the devs say it's not users say it's true

Some Id's are wrong or missing (hence the nano and 390X not working)

some GPU names are wrong ( which has been reported many times)

FOR RYZEN OWNERS with Polaris :
      Modified kext:/S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plistfrom:<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x67EF1002</string>to:<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x67FF1002</string> Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwithbusratio=36 and npci=0x3000 ALSO THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR WHINING in anyway please do not post off topic if you don't like given support in this forum that's all you but majority of use need it.

Source code: repository. FAQ and documentation: link.  
      a real SSDT example https://www.dropbox.com/sh/el66izg1lmk1jiu/AADCZUEjyQyiWWELlmzW2ix-a?dl=0 Credits to Pavo for the hard work of decoding the mess
      Boot argumentsAdd -raddbg to enable debug printing (available in DEBUG binaries).Add -radvesa to disable ATI/AMD video acceleration completely.Add -radoff to disable WhateverGreen.Add -radbeta to enable WhateverGreen on unsupported os versions (10.13 and below are enabled by default).Add -rad24 to enforce 24-bit display mode.Add -radlogo to patch boot logo distortion.Add -raddvi to enable DVI transmitter correction (required for 290X, 370, etc.)Add radpg=15 to disable several power-gating modes (see FAQ, required for 7xxx GPUs). If you Don't Want To use WEG or LILU clover 4297 has a new patch that fixes the same issues without kexts 
      You have to set in config.plist <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/>