I jusst bought a 500gb crucial mx500 to see wheter the slow response of my hackintosh was due to the old 2.5" 500gb wd black hdd that i savaged from a broken laptop at home to install osx the first time but i don't know how to transfer my datas, os, programs and bootloader on the new drive since crucial only shows how to clone the drive but doesn't (obiously) refer to the clover boot partition, how can i do that?
and what filesystem should i use? apfs or hfs+?
I can also use windows or linux programs since i'm on a triple boot setup
Can Anyone suggest how to disable USB mass Storage in High Sierra, iam currently running 10.12.6 version,
I have Tried the Following steps which came across search in google,
I Have deleted,
from /System/Library/Extensions folder and tried
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
But still My USB Pendrive is detecting.
Can anyone please help me...
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides also to you some customization features and a better management of the hall macOS isntall media creation process
Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.
- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process
- It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
- You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size
- Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
- All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal, with also some extra optiona features
- Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
- Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program
- No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you
- Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
- Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
- Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media
- Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)
- Clover EFI folder installer
Features that are planned for some future versions:
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
- Install clover and configure clover
- Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom dsdt in clover
- integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
- Support for other languages, at least Italian
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
- A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage device in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)
Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms
Latest stable TINU release:
Download the app: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
View the source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU
Frequently asked questions about TINU: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs
NOTE: if you have problems with your USB installer of 10.13.4 or newer version not being detected by clover you have to use the latest clover and if it still does not detectets your usb installer you have to remove the invivible file called .IAPhysicalMedia located into the root of the usb installer. This issue is caused by a changement in the apple's createinstallmedia, don't blame TINU for that, TINU does only uses the installer creation method from apple, which has been changed by appleitself, causing this problem for hackintosh users some times, this issue should be resolved in the latest versions of clover which will no longer require that you do changements to let your usb dive to be detected, a setting to do this fix automatically in tinu is also present TINU in the adavnced settings, starting from the version 2.0 of the app.
I leave also some screenshots as well
If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake...
-Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen)
-Run it, post files generated in your desktop
--Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra
Check out the link
--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra
Check out the link
--Install Clover in USB stick
--Replace with my Clover folder
--Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!
--Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder
--Reboot and activate video!
-Nvidia WebDriver Sierra
-Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra
My DSDT with patches for Skylake
DSDT.MaLd0n ASUS Z170M PLUS.zip
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HDAS to HDEF
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!