The Sims 2 for Mac

hitman38

9 posts in this topic

Hello to all, i was just wondering weather i could install the sims 2 for windows onto a Intel Mac, cos I've only just brought a new 17 inch iMac and would like to play the sims 2 on it. But don't want to go out and buy the sims 2+Expansions all over again. So is their any way to install the windows version on a mac or convert the CD. Also i know that i could run windows on the mac but don't want to do that.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Well if you ask me downloading the mac version from the internet seems perfectly fair use provided you don't give your PC disk to anybody...but thats just my oppinion - doubt if the publishers would agree :-)

I tried the Crossover Mac software but it doesn't work, it get to the registration screen and just stays their no buttons to click on, I've included a screenshot of what it looks like below. Unless i'am installing it wrong i will have to download The Sims 2+Expansions, whats the best site to download the game off?

post-48248-1161302578_thumb.jpg

I think thats fair, i just don't know why EA dosen't create a hybrid CDs like what blizzard does for Warcraft III and World of Warcraft which did install on the Intel Mac no problems and they brought original for PC.

Because....

EA doesn't make anything for the Mac. Aspyr converts all their games over to work on OS X. Basically saying, EA is not the one responsible for Mac ports. They most likely will not ever make games directly for the mac unless Apple's marketshare gets to be a considerable size. On a side notice, the only EA games that get to the Mac are high selling titles.

-Neospy

From the look of the TSData directory, it is almost identical between Windows and Mac version. The difference is in "Res" directory of windows version which have "Lighting" and "ObjectScripts" as extra directories.

Wonder if it is compatible, something could be changed or could it not????

Like info.plist!!!