Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jxt

Kernel for Broadwell? Trying to get OS X on i3-5010U (HD Graphics 5500) :)

4 posts in this topic

Currently trying to get OS X on my HP Pavilion 15-p200 Series.

Have an i3-5010U, a Broadwell chip with HD 5500 Graphics.

No nVidia or AMD graphics cards, just built in.

Should be able to run OS X? But I'm pretty stuck.

Clover doesn't want to run anything - black screens after choosing device.

Chimera loads kernel, but gives ACPI errors. Think I need a kernel patched for Broadwell CPUs? Currently using one copied over from my Mac Mini (2012, i5) since El Capitan doesn't come with one. Edit: Yosemite 10.10.3 kernel

Any ideas? :)

Advertisement

i thought clover supports broadwell now?

dont know how to use it though, esp on my linux machine.  I have the same cpu and am looking for the same info.

Using a different version of the kernel and the OS is a bad idea, use the normal one that came with El Capitan. Note that with HD 5550 you might have to modify the DMVT allocated size in your BIOS or using an EFI shell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AppleBytes
      Hello,
      I'm working on a re-install of OSX on a dell inspiron 9400. I was finally able to get a copy of SL on it. But it still needs MUCH work, as the graphics (NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800) isn't properly recognized -- either by model, or installed VRAM.
      It has 512Mb, but only initializes 256Mb VESA.
      Anyway, as a start, I thought it best to use a valid dsdt.dsl for compilation, and start there. I've managed to remove all the warnings, and errors save 2
      OUTPUT:
      # sudo iasl -ta ./dsdt.dslll Intel ACPI Component Architecture ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20110527-64 [May 27 2011] Copyright (c) 2000 - 2011 Intel Corporation ./dsdt.dslll   3519:                                 Return (0x00) Error    4080 -           Invalid object type for reserved name ^  (found INTEGER, requires Buffer) ./dsdt.dslll   3956:                     Return (Package (0x00) {}) Remark   5072 -         Effective AML package length is zero ^ ASL Input:  ./dsdt.dslll - 4997 lines, 158533 bytes, 1633 keywords Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 577 Optimizations I'm attaching a copy of the above output, and the dsdt.dsl file in a tarball to this post in hopes someone with the required knowledge can help me fix it.
      FWIW
      SMBIOS I'm using indicates this is a MBP 3,1
      cpu: cd2 (T7400 @2.16Ghz)
      graphics: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800 ( G70M? )
      ram: 4Gb
      dell inspiron 9400 (Laptop)

Thank you for all your time, and consideration!

--Chris

DSDT-DSL.tar
    • By fighttoby
      I have tried to install clover via no UEFI legacy mode (and with UEFI method) using the method here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html)
      both times I can get to just past the clover boot screen and it freezes after that.
      I have verbose (-v) selected in boot options: On the non-UEFI install then it hangs on:
      "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>...."

I have had a lot of issues with trying to get the installer working and many different things that had to be disabled but now it just gets to here and stops. Some times it will glitch out on this screen and give me a the circle with the line through it and text garbage around it where the text in the pictures are.

Need help please.

This is the laptop im using the specs are the same nothing has changed.
      https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS_VivoBook_X202E/

config.plist
    • By End3rPower50
      Hi, i've installed on my pc MacOS Mojave but after installation my pc, sometimes, crash giving kernel panic.
      I came to the conclusion that it is a random kernel panic because sometimes it starting up and other times it isn't starting up

My PC:
      CPU: Intel i7 6500U
      LAN: RTL8100
      Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A
      USB 3.1

CLOVER.zip
    • By kromakey
      Hello ,

Just changed my CPU to a E5450 to be able to Run Mojave , but now I can not run not even EL Capitan    (it was working well with CORE2DUO)

I already flashed a modified bios to be able to recognise the CPU.

here some print screens from Verbose :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kqWauSu5GZ9Kogxh7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6kL5YbiFBqLcGyz6

AZUS P5K PRO  - CPU E5450 - NVIDIA 9600GT - 5G RAM 

ANY HELP is APPRECIATED

Thanks/Obrigado

Kromakey 

• By Angelo_
      Hi, I followed the rehabman guide (linked in the vanilla guide on the side of r/Hackintosh, not sure if I can link it) for laptops for my yoga 730ILW13 with an 8265u, Conexant 11870, 8gb of ram, 13.3" fhd and I found that upon booting the installer usb I get this weird issue where the screen displays what it should but the screen is incredibly dim (though it was off before using a flashlight on it) and it flashes every few seconds for a few milliseconds to the correct brightness, I used the plist for hd615-650 (including my 620), not quite sure what could be the culprit, first time hackintoshing a laptop so it might be a stupid brightness kext I forgot but didn't find any in that post or in this forum :c 
      Attached the clover zip so that anyone with more experience than me might give an idea in what could be a way to fix this.
      Thank you in advance 

CLOVER.zip