Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jxt

Kernel for Broadwell? Trying to get OS X on i3-5010U (HD Graphics 5500) :)

4 posts in this topic

Currently trying to get OS X on my HP Pavilion 15-p200 Series.

Have an i3-5010U, a Broadwell chip with HD 5500 Graphics.

No nVidia or AMD graphics cards, just built in.

Should be able to run OS X? But I'm pretty stuck.

Clover doesn't want to run anything - black screens after choosing device.

Chimera loads kernel, but gives ACPI errors. Think I need a kernel patched for Broadwell CPUs? Currently using one copied over from my Mac Mini (2012, i5) since El Capitan doesn't come with one. Edit: Yosemite 10.10.3 kernel

Any ideas? :)

Advertisement

i thought clover supports broadwell now?

dont know how to use it though, esp on my linux machine.  I have the same cpu and am looking for the same info.

Using a different version of the kernel and the OS is a bad idea, use the normal one that came with El Capitan. Note that with HD 5550 you might have to modify the DMVT allocated size in your BIOS or using an EFI shell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jamesxxx1997
      Hi everyone !
      I have a laptop thinkpad x1 yoga 2018 , the sound device is realtek alc285.
      My friend and I spend numerous time on patching its layout-id , however either the headphone jack or laptop audio recording have noises.
      Any help is appreciated , thank you !!!

HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin.cpgz
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).bin
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).txt
    • By soumaxetuirk
      If you have a working Brightness Slider and you might be using Brightness slider or manual hotkeys to control brightness then this guide may help you to use your Native hotkeys of laptop.

(All the Credits goes to @RehabMan     For OS-X-ACPI-Debug Kext and DSDT Patches.)

This step assumes that you are using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller or Acidanthera's PS2Controller
      Install the kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug Open MaciASL and click on patch.(Add rehab man repo) Apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries" that are under Brightness Fix. Save the DSDT and restart Look in Syslog as you press the key corresponding to brightness to determine which _QXX methods handle the keys (UPDATE: From Sierra Apple changed logging process. So you won't find ACPIdebug result using syslog command. Instead use following command )
      log show --last 5 | grep ACPIDebug 6. Then patch DSDT:
      into method label _Q1D replace_content begin // Brightness Down\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0205)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0285)\n end; into method label _Q1C replace_content begin // Brightness Up\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0206)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0286)\n end; Change the variable _Q1D/_Q1C as per the log. 

7. Try compiling and check if it generates errors
      8. If it does, then change the PS2M to PS2X according to the one found in your DSDT
      9. Save and place the compiled DSDT.
      10. Now you should see that you have your corresponding keys to change your brightness 

FOR  more detail and Queries,Check Out original Post of @RehabMan Here;
      http://www.insanelym...18#entry1997112
      Get Latest Version of  OS-X-ACPI-Debug kext here:
      https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-debug/downloads
    • By jcrcarmo
      Hello everyone,

Greetings from Brazil! I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK laptop. Everything works smoothly, except decent battery management, so I decided to rebuild my DSDT from scratch, so I can patch it properly. It was a bit messy to start with.

I followed Rehabman's guide (to the letter) posted on tonymacx86. However, I keep getting a compile error, no warnings at all, just 'syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG1'.  Please refer to attached PNG image and .dsl file.

I've searched endlessly for a solution, but can't fix it no matter what I try. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I really appreciate your time and help.

Best regards and Happy Holidays!

DSDT.dsl
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By liljboi2
      Trying To Boot Mac OS X El Capitan On Surface Book 1 i5 128GB 
      Ive tried everything under the sun to try to get this to even load the installer
      ive had mixed experiences trying many different options and “combos” 
      i Can Offer Someone That Can Help A “Software Pack” Which Includes
      My EFI
      Kexts
      DSDT
      Readmes

Pretty Much Everything I HaveTried And Researched
      Hopefully That Will Help As I’m Confident I Should Have All Required Files But Not So Confident On How They Should Be Coupled 
      There Is A Guide On This Platform That Goes Over Installing This But What Is Demoed Is MacOS Sierra 10.12 When My Target Is 10.11 El Capitan  Everyone In The Comments That Tried El Capitan Either Have Out Of The Gate Sucess Or Gave Up And Went To Sierra The Problem Is Besides The Guide Author Correcting A Few Mistakes There Is No Actual Diagnosis And Help Given 

For A While I Was Getting Nothing But A Black Screen After Moving Files I Finally Got An Apple Logo Great!..Not Really Because that’s all it would do.

i Tried EFI Folder From Guy Who Did Surface Pro 4 “Port” And after I While I Will Get Cross Where The Apple Logo Would Be So There’s Something Happening When Using His EFI ; Mines Will Just Hang At Apple Logo For As Long As I Let It 

With Verbose Boot Or Boot Flag -v 

I Get Errors Concerning OSXAptioFixDrv They Are Usually Different 
      If I Try OSXAptioFix2Drv I Get

if i try OSXAptioFixDrv I get 1 of 3 errors Typically Saying Similiar Things 
      About Relocating Memory 

Will Try To Add Photos 

This Is Not My First Hackintosh More Like 5th or 6th But Besides On HP Elitebook Revolve Where I Had Similar Issues Due To BIOS Settings 
      I simply CAN NOT Get It To Boot No Matter What I Do Or Edit Please Help Or Provide EFI Folder That Will Work For Me 
      For Now Looking To Upgrade BIOS as I think it has something to do with firmware being to old as this PC Is usually never connected to Wi-Fi unless I need to download something and I cannot stress I have done everything under the sun to get this to even boot the installer