Mac OS x86 on my Laptop...

mawa

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

Would Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 run on my Laptop? It's a Samsung R50 with a Pentium M Processor 745a, 1.8 GHz 2 MB Cache 533 MHz FSB, 1024 MB PC2-4200 Memory, 100 GB 5.400 UPM, 128 MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X700, Intel PRO/Wireless Network.

A couple of months ago I've installed 10.4.4 on it and I've had no cable- an wireless network. The Graphiccard wasn't supported by the ATI MacOS driver. Are there Drivers for my Wireless card? And are there any other drivers for my graphiccard?

PS: sorry for my bad english... I'm german :)

Hey,

Would Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 run on my Laptop? It's a Samsung R50 with a Pentium M Processor 745a, 1.8 GHz 2 MB Cache 533 MHz FSB, 1024 MB PC2-4200 Memory, 100 GB 5.400 UPM, 128 MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X700, Intel PRO/Wireless Network.

A couple of months ago I've installed 10.4.4 on it and I've had no cable- an wireless network. The Graphiccard wasn't supported by the ATI MacOS driver. Are there Drivers for my Wireless card? And are there any other drivers for my graphiccard?

PS: sorry for my bad english... I'm german :)

Things most likely won't be much different for 10.4.6, although I would search the forums for your video card, progress has been made there, you may be able to enable CI/QE on it. There are some driver hacks that might get you working.

As for into PRO/Wireless, I'm sorry but I don't believe there are any drivers for it, Almost postive on that (someone correct if I'm wrong, or confirm).

Thank you...

Is there any chance to get at least the cablenetwork to work? I don't know the Cardmodell and atm I'm at home and my Laptop is at work...

For the X700 I will try the ATI drivers from their homepage.

The ATI drivers on the homepage are likely going to be for Windows, maybe Linux and PPC Mac OS X only. As that card is not compatible with any intel Macs I don't think ATI has written any drivers for it to work on x86 in OS X. The drivers I meant were ones in the forums, I don't have that card so I've never tried, but I know there are tweaks out there.

As for the network, there is a chance it's all going to depend on your chipset. I'd find that out and then search the forums for it, there are some patches and tricks to get a lot of things working, but they're all pretty specific for each chipset/card