Nikita123

Acer Aspire 7741G, ATI 5650 Mobility, QE/CI working but problem when I connect HDMI or sleep

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I got OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 running on the Acer Aspire 7741G with a few slight problems.

I used the cim method from terminal to create the installer, then added clover to the usb, I extracted EDID with EDID viewer in windows and I am using custom EDID in config.plist and I am using Flicker as frame buffer atm, I did not fill in the number of ports.

When I boot the laptop without or with HDMI connected everything is fine. I have QE/CI, without HDMI connect only on internal display, and with HDMI connected on both screens.

The problems occurs when I connected the HDMI while the system is booted, or when I disconnect en replug the HDMI the same problem occurs, the colors on my laptop screen get screwed up, like a yellow colors and very difficult to read the screen.

This problem also occurs when I enter sleep en wake up the laptop. sleep itself works, but also the yellow color problem is happening here.

I think this got to do when waking from sleep the wrong frame buffer is applied. I am injecting the graphics from clover now, but I am thinking about going to try injection from DSDT since I also made a DSDT and patched it with the patch file found on www.olarila.com.

I used this tutorial to get the videocard working.

I hope someone can help me out.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Poirot
      I have a Vanilla Catalina issue….with a different twist.  Installation/upgrade went fine, just took a loooooooong time as I was working from a cloned Mojave external USB hard drive.  Boots just fine, and all my apps seem happy.  Here lies the twist....Sleep/wake.  It will sleep and stay asleep just fine.  The issue is with waking up:

Under Clover with FakeSMC, it would wake, but not accept my password. ??????  Ok, its clover....
      Under Clover 0.5.5 with VitrualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash.  Again, its clover...
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with VirtualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash, and no crash log.
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with FakeSMC, it sleeps, it wakes,....and accepts my password!!!!   Only once.  The next time it went to sleep, it would wake, but not accept my password.  HUH??????

Kinda strange.  For the most part I have just stuck with Mojave.  I was waiting for the next build of OC, but I may just use OC builder myself and see if the latest solves any issue, as I see there have been quite a few updates to the project.  In the mean time…..suggestions?  I have attached an image of the efi.

Specs:
      Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
      Intel 9900K, stuck @ 4.9Ghz
      Sapphire RX590 Nitro+
      Corsair AX1200i
      32GB Corsair Dominator Ram
      Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Poirot

• By kevpatts
      Hey all,

This is the opposite of a lot of other peoples problems!

For me USB ports (ASRock Z390 Phantom mITX) work for USB devices all the time. USB3 devices don't work when I boot until AFTER I sleep and then wake again; then everything works fine.

Any idea how to get them working straight after boot/login?

Kev
    • By John Wilde
      Salve, chiedo aiuto con il mio primo hackintosh!
      E’ stata ardua ma son riuscito grazie a varie guide a sistemare piano piano il tutto. 
      Purtroppo l’unica cosa che ancora non sono riuscito a sistemare è lo sleep. 
      Se premo Stop, nel laptop si oscura soltanto lo schermo, e appena premo un tasto o muovo il mouse, compare il logo del caricamento e subito dopo il desktop.
      Ho letto che va patchato il DSDT, non ne sono sicuro, ma per lo sleep non so proprio come fare. L’unica patch che ho fatto al DSDT è stato per l’audio.
      Inoltre, un altra cosa che non vanno sono i tasti per la luminosità. La luminosità riesco a impostarla dalle impostazioni, quindi andrebbero solo rimappati i tasti..
      Per il resto va tutto, la scheda video nvidia mi pare di aver letto che non è compatibile, ma mi basta la intel. La scheda di rete che monto è un AR9565 (lo so che non è delle migliori, ma funziona bene al momento, magari la cambierò in seguito). La configurazione credo sia un pò sporca, probabilmente molte opzioni sono del tutto inutili, ma ripeto è il mio primo hackintosh..
      Se qualche anima pia mi vuole aiutare a sistemarla un pò ben venga, tuttavia ciò che mi interessa principalmente è lo sleep..

Allego Cartella Clover, IoReg e cartella Origin.
      All’interno della cartella Patched ci sta gia un dsdt modificato per l’audio, a cui ho aggiunto solo l’IRQ fix, ma non ricordo se ho aggiunto altre cose nel tentativo vano di sistemare lo sleep, quindi prendete il tutto con le pinze.
      Grazie mille in anticipo a chiunque provi ad aiutarmi!
      CLOVER.zip
      origin.zip
      John’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    • By gengstapo
      @Hervé

Im having similar issue with my HS setup, dell latitute 3480, i5-7200U
      Once the hdmi plugged in, the laptop display went blank, only could see the external tv
      But, when i put my laptop to sleep & wake up again, both screen got display (hdmi still connected)
      Even the hdmi could be plugged off & in (after sleep), the laptop display is fine

What could be the culprit?
      Dell’s MacBook Pro IORegistry.zip
      config.plist.zip
    • By Trung_Nguyen
      Hi, I'm using a Dell laptop, modeled Latitude E6230, bios version A11(I don't have any batteries to update :'( ).
      I'm using Catalina with OpenCore boot loader. 
      Everything is good, fast boot time.
      But when comes to sleeping there's 2 issues that randomly happen when the sleeping time is long enough:
      - Kernel Panic when sleep: panic log: panic
         This should have something to do with bluetooth, right? I'm using DW380 with BrcmPatchRam3 & BrcmBluetoothInjector.
      - Darkscreen when wakeup:
         After I open the lid, the screen have no backlight, although the UI barely shown.
         All I could do is to use keyboard to enter my password and use hotkey to shutdown the machine and then restart normally.

The EFI/OC folder is attached below, with serial numbers removed.
      Sorry for using .txz format but with .zip, I couldn't get it fit in 10MB. Sorry for any inconvenience.

P/s:If anybody try boot this in the future, please bear in mind that if you inject IO80211Family and AirportBrcm4331 (the one from 10.14.6) to any Recovery or installation media, it will panic the kernel, please disable those 2 before-hand.

Thank you very much

OC.txz