About Just Joined group Read more... ×
ErmaC

Clover Problems and Solutions

3,211 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

Sergey, I would like to suggest to start forking choosen edk tag / branch and applying full maintained patches there, like Acidanthera audk. Archive old sources like Tiano edk2-archive. Seperate main app, drivers, tools, theme into each repo.

Can you do this by yourself? I will give you an access.

I am not sure if I want to keep both projects in sync automatically. May be it is really better to start new life taken latest Clover codes.

Time to time I will manually synchronize them, may be no...

Advertisement

Maybe we can create CloverEdk as a start. The idea would be as follow:

The repo for CloverEdk will contain 3 branches:

- master: upstream
- UDK: 2018 last
- Stable: edk2-stable201905 tag (edk2-stable201908 tag broke so many things with some of my projects, idk it will affected to Clover / not)

All patches of each branch will provided by Zenith as usual / others.

Sure, I would like to help. But Zenith / maybe you / others could also fetch, applying supplied patches and push to each remote branch.

I believe its hard to maintain all of 3 branches. But if it could be useful for some projects based on / to work with CloverEdk, why not?

Edited by cecekpawon

UDK is dead, why do you seek to keep it around? There already are and there will be more breaking changes between the deprecated UDK and edk2(-stable). I'm still not sure what exactly the patches are for, we only have some in the pipeline for UEFI Shell usage

I uploaded Clover sources and include EDK2 some modules inside. This way not Clover is inside EDK2 but EDK2 is inside Clover and build rules must be updated.

dsc and fdf are already updated.

Compiling in Windows I got new error

d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2013x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii:16: fatal: unable to open include file `Nasm.inc'

But why? This is not happen with UDK2018.

9 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

- Stable: edk2-stable201905 tag (edk2-stable201908 tag broke so many things with some of my projects, idk it will affected to Clover / not)

edk2-stable201908 works for me with all fixes.

Attached are the fixes for it.

- Apply patches in Clover_patchset.tar.gz to Clover (with git am --keep-cr).

- Apple patches ini EDK2_patchset.tar.gz to EDK2 latest from github (with git am --keep-cr).

- Copy Patches_for_EDK2 from Clover to EDK2.

I don't have a github account, so can't push anything there.

Clover_patchset.tar.gz

EDK2_patchset.tar.gz

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Compiling in Windows I got new error

d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2013x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii:16: fatal: unable to open include file `Nasm.inc'

But why? This is not happen with UDK2018.

Nasm.inc is found in

MdePkg/Include/X64/Nasm.inc

It was added around Feb 2019, so is not in UDK2018

I think maybe you need to sort out the .dec files

For example, in my patches above there is

diff --git a/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf b/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf
--- a/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf
+++ b/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf
@@ -26,8 +26,8 @@
 [Packages]
        Clover/CloverPkg.dec
   MdePkg/MdePkg.dec
-#  MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dec
-  IntelFrameworkModulePkg/IntelFrameworkModulePkg.dec
+  MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dec
+#  IntelFrameworkModulePkg/IntelFrameworkModulePkg.dec

[LibraryClasses]
   BaseLib

so it could be something like that.  Anyhow, all the needed fixes are in the patches I uploaded.  Haven't tried compiling with Windows VS2013.  I only have VS2019, but I never tried compiling Clover in Windows.

Edited by Zenith432

Thanks! I applied your patches and got

Dell:Clover sergey$ git am --keep-cr </Users/sergey/Downloads/Clover_patchset/0002-Sync-EDK2.patch 
Applying: Sync EDK2
error: patch failed: CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf:26
error: CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf: patch does not apply
error: Patches_for_EDK2/BaseTools/Source/C/GNUmakefile: does not exist in index
error: Patches_for_EDK2/BaseTools/Source/C/Makefile: does not exist in index
error: Patches_for_EDK2/MdePkg/Include/Uefi/UefiBaseType.h: does not exist in index
error: Patches_for_EDK2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf: does not exist in index
error: Patches_for_EDK2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c: does not exist in index
error: Patches_for_EDK2/ShellPkg/Include/Library/ShellLib.h: does not exist in index
error: patch failed: ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib.inf:34
error: ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib.inf: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib.inf:34
error: ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib.inf: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Sync EDK2
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch

Looks like not significant as files absent. I just think to not keep Patches_for_* and apply them immediately.

Or you have other idea?

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Looks like not significant as files absent. I just think to not keep Patches_for_* and apply them immediately.

Or you have other idea?

This patch was meant for Clover r5064 as it appears in sourceforge.  It looks like you're applying it to something else - maybe the newly structured stuff in github - so obviously it doesn't work because it has to be rearranged.

36 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

This patch was meant for Clover r5064 as it appears in sourceforge.  It looks like you're applying it to something else - maybe the newly structured stuff in github - so obviously it doesn't work because it has to be rearranged.

You can commit to sf.net by yourself but yes github has other stuff.

@Slice:

I was able to reproduce the errors you posted here by applying my patch to CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.

Attached is an adaptation of my patch to CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

However, I removed all the changes for Patches_for_EDK2 folder, because you deleted this folder.  It only includes the changes to the Clover tree outside Patches_for_EDK2 and outside the EDK2 source code itself which you merged into the Clover tree.

I still cannot build.  Currently stuck at build.py not in the tree even though it's in EDK2 tree at

BaseTools/Source/Python/build/build.py

CloverHackyColor_patchset.tar.gz

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

vectorsigma72

Welcome!

I still have a problem with Nasm.inc

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NASM\nasm" -Id:\projects\clover\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\X64\ -ID:\Projects\Clover\MdePkg\Include\X64 -Ox -f win64 -o d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.obj d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii

d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii:16: fatal: unable to open include file `Nasm.inc'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\NASM\nasm.EXE"' : return code '0x1'

@Slice

MdePkg/Include/X64/Nasm.inc

It's there.

If it says not found means includepath is wrong

Your output does not show which Dxe BaseLib is being built for.

Find the Inf file for the Dxe that's being built

Look at the .dec files listed - should be MdePkg.dec in there.

The sync of edk2-stable201908 into sourceforge Clover is work in progress, because I still have to move modules from the discontinued IntelFrameworkModulePkg into Clover.  I hope I left it in working state and 5066 is compilable with the March 2019 EDK2 or UDK2018.

Edited by Zenith432

Just a command line

nasm  -I'D:\Projects\Clover\MdePkg\Include\X64\' -Ox -f win64 -o d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.obj d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii
d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii:16: fatal: unable to open include file `Nasm.inc'

I know the file is in the path  -I'D:\Projects\Clover\MdePkg\Include\X64'  but nasm can't include it. Line ending? or something else?

This command worked

nasm -Ox -f win64 -o d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.obj d:\projects\clover\Build\Clover\RELEASE_VS2015x86\X64\MdePkg\Library\BaseLib\BaseLib\OUTPUT\X64\LongJump.iii

if I place Nasm.inc into Clover root folder.

There is a claim that include must be from build folder.

The compilation is successful! The Clover compiled from git with VS2015 works!

image.png

7 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice, all "executable" permissions for scripts and binaries are lost in the new repository..

github supported them?

@Slice

sync of sourceforge repository to edk2-stable201908 is done.  No going back...

It was a complex sync because

- 3 Dxe from PcAtChipsetPkg have been eliminated from EDK2, so moved to Clover. (r5066)

- 4 Dxe and entire IntelFrameworkModulePkg and IntelFrameworkPkg have been eliminated from EDK2.  The Dxe and minimal needed stuff to satisfy all dependencies have been moved to Clover. (r5067)

UDK2018 no longer works with these changes, so I removed Patches_for_UDK2018.

OK. Let it be EDK2.

Now I fight with github version of Clover.

Why new EDK2 has no BaseTools/Source/Python/build/build.py?

Is it created by some build procedure?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Damx
      The specs CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 8130U, 2.20 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Chipset: Intel® 300 Series Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Display: 21.5'' 1920x1200 RAM: DDR4 PC2400 4GB SSD1: M.2 PLEXTOR (with original Windows 10) SSD2: SATA SAMSUNG 850 EVO (for macOS) Sound: Realtek ALC269 WiFi / BT: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Not working
      WiFi: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Pre-Installation

I will not go through the basics since it is explained in details here on this site. Briefly, the process is to:
      Get Clover Get Catalina macOS installer Create USB with 2 MBR partitions (FAT32 for Clover and HFS+J for the installer)  

Required kexts
      AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext  

Config.plist
      I used the one provided by RehabMan called config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. Download it from GitHub. It has almost everything you will need with only few edits for audio.
      Edits:
      [CPU] Make sure there is lilcpu=9 setting in boot arguments needed for Kaby Lake R CPU to be recognised correctly. [GPU] Make sure there is a patch GFX0 to IGPU under ACPI->DSDT [GPU] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) make sure that the AAPL,ig-platform-id value is 00001B59, and the device-id value is 16590000 [AUDIO] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) set the layout-id to 40 and the device-id to 70A10000 [SMBIOS] Set Mac model ID is iMac19,2  

Notes
      For some reason with latest version of Clover the install partition was not visible. If you run into the same issue you can downgrade Clover to r5103, which worked perfectly. WiFi / BT Intel 3168 NGW needs to be replaced if one needs WiFi. Someone mentioned that to get HDMI work properly you may need to change AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 00001659 for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) - not my case but may be considered if you get this issue. Don't forget to generate your serial and other SMBUS values before signing in with iCloud services.  

• By MaLd0n
      A very custom DSDT for best experience under macOS. Removed all unused devices, injected all Apple devices, essentials, cosmetics, real improvements. 

-Original DSDT have 167,880 lines and 762kb

DSDT ORIGINAL.aml.zip138.01 kB · 8 downloads

-Patched DSDT have 30,912 lines and 111kb

DSDT PATCHED.aml.zip27.01 kB · 17 downloads

--Hardware--
      Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA

Processor  Intel i9-10980XE

GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -XSPI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME  
      --Screenshots-

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n

-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145 Model with Intel Core i5-1035G1 IceLake / Intel HD Graphics ICL
      -Update bios/uefi to last version 

*For now we have 2 problems. Wake from sleep and some bugs in trackpad*

--Bios/UEFI config--
      Go to Security tab and disable Secure boot

-IceLake Premade installation Folder (easy way installation)
      https://tinyurl.com/y3tl6xlx

--Clover and OpenCore Folders--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      -OpenCore
      https://tinyurl.com/y3c4rjkr
      -Clover
      https://tinyurl.com/y4496nq8

--Enable Trackpad Dragging Option--
      Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/PointerControl/Trackpad Options and "Enable dragging"

-Bluetooth Broadcom

BrcmBluetoothInjector.zip2.46 MB · 4 downloads

-OcQuirks.efi for Clover (Just replace Drivers folder)

drivers.zip74.57 kB · 4 downloads

--DSDT Patches--

-Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 12 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch-- (All credits to Austere.J) Discussion about that HERE

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>             <dict>                 <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>                 <data>AABSig==</data>                 <key>device-id</key>                 <data>UooAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>                 <data>AACQAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>                 <data>AQAAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>                 <data>AAAwAQ==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>                 <data>AAAAgA==</data>                 <key>hda-gfx</key>                 <string>onboard-1</string>                 <key>igfxfw</key>                 <data>AgAAAA==</data>             </dict>  
      --USB Fix-- https://tinyurl.com/y4mqfahz

-ScreenShots

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Acidanthera Team, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!     We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!