ErmaC

Clover Problems and Solutions

3,100 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Imho this is horrible Lol. Users may ask (ok also ignoring the reason) why can select more then one drivers .... that will be delete during the install process w/o know why. If a choice is limited to what is adviced to use (i.e. only cool drivers to use) then is much clear.

Good night

back from job. r4690 is good. postinstall has unix.

i suggest that consider SMCHelper.efi(mandatory) and VirtualSMC.efi that user manually added it..

if user already have VirtualSMC.efi, postinstall will remove SMCHelper.efi. it means that no need to remove SMChelper.efi as manual after install clover.

this process is same like VboxHFS.efi.

here is log

Backing up /Volumes/Macintosh HD/EFIROOTDIR/EFI folder to /Volumes/Macintosh HD/EFI-Backups/r4690/2018-10-01-21h06/EFI
======================================================
Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /

Removing drivers64UEFI/SMCHelper-64.efi driver because VirtualSMC driver present

Removing drivers64UEFI/VBoxHfs-64.efi driver because HFSPlus driver present

VirtualSMC tested it.zip

EDIT1.

description was broken.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4687/tree/CloverPackage/package/po/en.po#l507

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4687/tree/CloverPackage/package/po/en.po#l514

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4687/tree/CloverPackage/package/po/en.po#l647

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4687/tree/CloverPackage/package/po/en.po#l654

#, fuzzy, no-wrap

to

#, no-wrap

ofc, other lang file too.

Edited by Sherlocks

Advertisement

Now would be a good time to commit my suggested change (previous post in this thread) to kext_patcher.c to handle InjectKexts="Detect" properly when VirtualSMC.kext is used.

VOID CheckForFakeSMC(CHAR8 *InfoPlist, LOADER_ENTRY *Entry)
{
  if (OSFLAG_ISSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_CHECKFAKESMC) &&
      OSFLAG_ISSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_WITHKEXTS)) {
    if (AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC</string>") != NULL
        || AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>org.netkas.FakeSMC</string>") != NULL
        || AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>as.vit9696.VirtualSMC</string>") != NULL)
    {
      Entry->Flags = OSFLAG_UNSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_WITHKEXTS);
      if (Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KPDebug) {
        DBG_RT(Entry, "\nFakeSMC or VirtualSMC found, UNSET WITHKEXTS\n");
        gBS->Stall(5000000);
      }
    }
  }
}

3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

i suggest that consider SMCHelper.efi(mandatory) and VirtualSMC.efi that user manually added it..

Ok, but also I want to see if we can checkout and compile it... require some tests

3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

Italian translation here is ok, I used Poedit. Should I do a manual replace to fix it? And just to ensure this not will happen again should I set some preference in that program I miss?

Ok, but also I want to see if we can checkout and compile it... require some tests

i tested it by myself enough with log. you can test that just added attached zip file in clover package like AppleUISupport folder and edited buildpkg. i still prefer to commit in windows. therefore, i can' commit postinstall file like previously experienced issue that postinstall lost unix feature. so i request this file for commit 

EDIT1.

in POT part, i just found issue for description. and correct wrong part in ko.po as manual w/o tools

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i tested it by myself enough with log. you can test that just added attached zip file in clover package like AppleUISupport folder and edited buildpkg.

Ok for that: will be done. But I'm saying that I want Clover to be able to checkout the VirtualSMC repository and then compile it.

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

in POT part, i just found issue for description. and correct wrong part in ko.po as manual w/o tools

Ok I'll do the same!

Edited by vector sigma

Ok for that will be done. But I'm saying that I want Clover to be able to checkout the VirtualSMC repository and then compile it.
sorry for my english level. maybe can? do you consider only VirtualSMC.efi?. maybe you take idea from lilu and friends? https://github.com/corpnewt/Lilu-and-Friends

Just now, Sherlocks said:

sorry for my english level. maybe can? do you consider only VirtualSMC.efi?. maybe you take idea from lilu and friends?

Since I've already added other achidanthera EFI stuff to Clover... I'll try to add that driver as well. Only I don't think that Lilu is a business for Clover.

Since I've already added other achidanthera EFI stuff to Clover... I'll try to add that driver as well. Only I don't think that Lilu is a business for Clover.
in lilu and friend script, there is build for VirtualSMC kext and driver(efi) and etc(extra kext). just inform info to you for idea.

Just now, Sherlocks said:

just inform info to you for idea.

Oh thanks for the advice then! anyway I've already see the dsc file and I think I have a clear idea. I hope :)

@Sherlocks (or anyone intrested), I succeded building the VirtualSMC among Clover stuff. Can you kindly test it for me if it is good?

VirtualSmc-x64_XCODE5.efi.zip

VirtualSmc-x64_XCODE8.efi.zip

In order to build the driver with XCODE8 toolchain (XCODE5 is already good) I had to made a tiny change to the source code (VirtualSMC.c at line 594):

Status = gBS->CreateEvent (EVT_SIGNAL_EXIT_BOOT_SERVICES, TPL_NOTIFY, (VOID*)EraseAuthenticationKey, (VOID*)NULL, &mAuthenticationKeyEraseEvent);

instead of:

Status = gBS->CreateEvent (EVT_SIGNAL_EXIT_BOOT_SERVICES, TPL_NOTIFY, EraseAuthenticationKey, NULL, &mAuthenticationKeyEraseEvent);

..going to ask to the mantainer if want to made this change...

Edited by vector sigma
typo

@SherlocksClover can now checkout and build VirtualSMC with the --ext-co argument (at the moment using only the XCODE5 toolchain since for XCODE8 require a small correction). Implemented your changes and corrected the po files.

Anyway all the translations needs to be syncronized with the new en Localizable.strings. Maybe I'm missing something...

[mention=980913]Sherlocks[/mention] (or anyone intrested), I succeded building the VirtualSMC among Clover stuff. Can you kindly test it for me if it is good?

VirtualSmc-x64_XCODE5.efi.zip

VirtualSmc-x64_XCODE8.efi.zip

In order to build the driver with XCODE8 toolchain (XCODE5 is already good) I had to made a tiny change to the source code (VirtualSMC.c at line 594):

Status = gBS->CreateEvent (EVT_SIGNAL_EXIT_BOOT_SERVICES, TPL_NOTIFY, (VOID*)EraseAuthenticationKey, (VOID*)NULL, &mAuthenticationKeyEraseEvent);

instead of:

Status = gBS->CreateEvent (EVT_SIGNAL_EXIT_BOOT_SERVICES, TPL_NOTIFY, EraseAuthenticationKey, NULL, &mAuthenticationKeyEraseEvent);

..going to ask to the mantainer if want to made this change...

good. i will test it after leave work at job. 

[mention=980913]Sherlocks[/mention], Clover can now checkout and build VirtualSMC with the --ext-co argument (at the moment using only the XCODE5 toolchain since for XCODE8 require a small correction). Implemented your changes and corrected the po files.

Anyway all the translations needs to be syncronized with the new en Localizable.strings. Maybe I'm missing something...

po were corrected. maybe seems all the translations needs. r4692 is good(XCODE10). i tested it in the morning today. thank you for your effort

Hi [mention=980913]Sherlocks[/mention], can you explain me the difference between commit r4695 and r4693? I cannot see that the po Editor insert you as the last translator... any chance that you edit those file manually? Otherwise there is a problem somewhere else
hi vector. i didn't use editor. i just found wrong parts in po files from users report. and edited it manually.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

i just found wrong parts in po files from users report. and edited it manually.

In my last commit I found this:

-"X-Generator: Pootle 2.5.0-rc1\n"
+"X-Generator: Poedit 2.1.1\n"

v2.1.1 vs v.2.5.0-rc1 used by ErmaC, see below:

-"PO-Revision-Date: 2015-09-24 19:50+0000\n"
-"Last-Translator: ErmaC <ErmaC@insanelymac.com>\n"
+"PO-Revision-Date: 2018-10-02 11:36+0200\n"
+"Last-Translator: vector sigma\n"

but what the Hell! ErmaC had 2.5.0 in 2015, and my version is old????? ...it is a fresh download from the main page as I never used it before .

Now I'm guessing what I have to do to have the latest version:

1576340798_Schermata2018-10-03alle18_11_53.png.b1bbfbd7f66f41c843dc94dce91489da.png

(1999-2018 :hysterical:). .. it says me that is the latest version available.

EDIT

ok, now I used my glass:cold:.... ErmaC used Pootle and me Poedit. Maybe this is the cause.

Edited by vector sigma

On 10/1/2018 at 7:41 AM, RehabMan said:

Now would be a good time to commit my suggested change (previous post in this thread) to kext_patcher.c to handle InjectKexts="Detect" properly when VirtualSMC.kext is used.

VOID CheckForFakeSMC(CHAR8 *InfoPlist, LOADER_ENTRY *Entry)
{
  if (OSFLAG_ISSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_CHECKFAKESMC) &&
      OSFLAG_ISSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_WITHKEXTS)) {
    if (AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC</string>") != NULL
        || AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>org.netkas.FakeSMC</string>") != NULL
        || AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, "<string>as.vit9696.VirtualSMC</string>") != NULL)
    {
      Entry->Flags = OSFLAG_UNSET(Entry->Flags, OSFLAG_WITHKEXTS);
      if (Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KPDebug) {
        DBG_RT(Entry, "\nFakeSMC or VirtualSMC found, UNSET WITHKEXTS\n");
        gBS->Stall(5000000);
      }
    }
  }
}

@Sherlocks

Thanks for commit r4694!

With the move to WhateverGreen.kext and doing most injections manually (graphics, and usually audio) via config.plist/Devices/Properties, it is unfortunate that the settings in config.plist/Graphics/EDID no longer apply.

This commit fixes this problem, similar to how the workaround for AAPL,ig-platform-id and AAPL,snb-platform-id work:

https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover/commit/093095541f28e6ff0a4c420a274b58a88b004c26

Basically, it fixes up any properties with "override-no-edid" or "override-no-connect" with the custom EDID if specified with Graphics/EDID/Inject=true (and other applicable EDID settings from that section).

Note: There is no need to actually specify any EDID in your Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0), but the property must be there.  Eg.
AAPL00,overrride-no-connect=<>

As it looks in Xcode:

1203985148_EDIDdevicespropertiesexample.png.5ee068d61f304f8a4f42b91f789043bb.png

Edited by RehabMan

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Good idea! Committed to 4703

Bug found.  Actually thought of the bug on my daily run.

Case of full edid specified in Devices/Properties with with Graphics/EDID/Inject=false, no injection happens.

Change is this:

NUC6i7KYK:Clover rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c b/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c
index 8c66fd2b..820d5960 100644
--- a/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c
+++ b/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c
@@ -6988,12 +6988,11 @@ SetDevices (LOADER_ENTRY *Entry)
           }
           devprop_add_value(device, Prop2->Key, (UINT8*)&gSettings.IgPlatform, 4);
           DBG("   Add key=%a valuelen=%d\n", Prop2->Key, Prop2->ValueLen);
-        } else if (AsciiStrStr(Prop2->Key, "override-no-edid") || AsciiStrStr(Prop2->Key, "override-no-connect")) {
+        } else if ((AsciiStrStr(Prop2->Key, "override-no-edid") || AsciiStrStr(Prop2->Key, "override-no-connect"))
+                   && gSettings.InjectEDID && gSettings.CustomEDID) {
           // special case for EDID properties
-          if (gSettings.InjectEDID && gSettings.CustomEDID) {
-            devprop_add_value(device, Prop2->Key, gSettings.CustomEDID, 128);
-            DBG("   Add key=%a from custom EDID\n", Prop2->Key);
-          }
+          devprop_add_value(device, Prop2->Key, gSettings.CustomEDID, 128);
+          DBG("   Add key=%a from custom EDID\n", Prop2->Key);
         } else {
           // normal properties, ...
           devprop_add_value(device, Prop2->Key, (UINT8*)Prop2->Value, Prop2->ValueLen);

in my case for WEG

AddProperties + EDID injection + intel injection. no problem.

should we consider AddProperties case+EDID injection without intel injection?

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

in my case for WEG

Any of the methods for injecting properties can be mixed provided they are not injecting onto the same device.

So, you can use AddProperties to inject on Nvidia + AMD, Devices/Audio/Inject to inject audio, Devices/Properties to inject USB, and then Graphics/Inject/Intel=true to inject IGPU properties.  As long as each is separate, it works (note that there is hard-coded conflicts/priority between AddProperties and Arbitrary).

But if you try to inject on a given device two or more different ways, only the first way wins (this is especially true if you inject to multiple devices via Devices/Properties... there are exceptions to my rules when you only inject to a single device, and probably even an exception if you end on the device that you plan further injections down the line) because of the quirky way devprop_addvalue works. 

It is a complete mess.

I have it in mind to fix devprop_add_device_pci/devprop_addvalue such that it is a bit smarter, which would allow a much more sensible/less complex result (eg. inject via any method, on any device, and it works).  But haven't really looked into it to see how much work it would be nor the backward compatibility issues that might arise.

Edited by RehabMan

Any of the methods for injecting properties can be mixed provided they are not injecting onto the same device.

So, you can use AddProperties to inject on Nvidia + AMD, Devices/Audio/Inject to inject audio, Devices/Properties to inject USB, and then Graphics/Inject/Intel=true to inject IGPU properties.  As long as each is separate, it works (note that there is hard-coded conflicts/priority between AddProperties and Arbitrary).

But if you try to inject on a given device two or more different ways, only the first way wins (this is especially true if you inject to multiple devices via Devices/Properties... there are exceptions to my rules when you only inject to a single device, and probably even an exception if you end on the device that you plan further injections down the line) because of the quirky way devprop_addvalue works. 

It is a complete mess.

I have it in mind to fix devprop_addvalue such that it is a bit smarter, which would allow a much more sensible/less complex result (eg. inject via any method, on any device, and it works).  But haven't really looked into it to see how much work it would be nor the backward compatibility issues that might arise.
yes. i'm using Addproperties for only igpu and using other device from SSDT. seems there are number of cases to be consider. thanks.

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

in my case for WEG

Yes, we consider EDID injection without Intel injection.

All injections in my laptop moved to Device Properties. But they are static. There should be a way to add dynamically calculated properties such as EDID.

Seems there is a problem with current sourceforge Clover build.

For example, you have ApfsDriverLoader,-64 but no AppleImageLoader-64.

My understanding is that ApfsDriverLoader requires AppleImageLoader.

2 hours ago, RehabMan said:

Seems there is a problem with current sourceforge Clover build.

For example, you have ApfsDriverLoader,-64 but no AppleImageLoader-64.

My understanding is that ApfsDriverLoader requires AppleImageLoader.

No. AppleImageLoader installs ImageLoaderProtocol that we already have but with two additional features:

1. Load 32/64 bit EFI modules for systems pre10.8.

2. Check digital signature. I think if you will trust OSX Installer downloaded from Apple site then you don't need to check its signature.

Anyway everybody is able to download fresh release drivers from acidantera site.

PS. AFAIK latest ApfsDriverLoader contains AppleImageLoader features inside and AppleImageLoader is obsolete.