Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

@bronxteck so whats your temporary solution so far to allowed you to boot 10.13 with your current BGRT?

- Manually edit BGRT header and place it into /Acpi/Patched

- Or Drop BGRT table

- Or by installing HackBGRT?

** Yes, dont let me dying alone Slice.. By watching apianti & DF conversations just gonna blow my brains out

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 3

@bronxteck so whats your temporary solution so far to allowed you too boot 10.13 with your current BGRT?

- Manually edit BGRT header and place it into /Acpi/Patched

- Or Drop BGRT table

- Or by installing HackBGRT?

** Yes, dont let me dying alone Slice.. By watching apianti & DF conversations just gonna blow my brains out

Drop and HackBGRT works both.

Put a corrected BGRT in /Acpi/Patched does not work.

Fred

• Like 1

Kudos Slice, with your last commit it will scan whole length including empty string?

With my aged eyes, I can see this table come with an empty "Oem Table ID", and evil chars in "Oem ID".

Can I drink my coffee now, with peace?

Empty name doesn't matter I've some tables with empty name, HS boot.

Fred

• Like 1

Another proposition, answering to this problem:

CloverPackage/package/Scripts.templates/EFIFolder/postinstall

The sample Clover config file config-sample.plist will be copied as config.plist only if config.plist doesn't exist or there are custom configs, present in the OEM folder (the script searches for custom configs in that folder and the sample SystemProductName folder is excluded from that search).

postinstall.zip

• Like 4

I also see " my " for my BGRT but bad char are shown as space in MacIasl name, but real value in aml.

Fred

Can you upload here your BGRT.aml to look?

Apple's _isprint isn't the same as ACPICA's, which is why the panic happens (it's a bug). The cast to an unsigned char seems to be missing (when using the char value as the index for _ctype), which causes char values greater than 0x7F to be used as a negative index.

Another proposition, answering to this problem:

CloverPackage/package/Scripts.templates/EFIFolder/postinstall

The sample Clover config file config-sample.plist will be copied as config.plist only if config.plist doesn't exist or there are custom configs, present in the OEM folder (the script searches for custom configs in that folder and the sample SystemProductName folder is excluded from that search).

Accepted in 4123

Yeah, my bad, wrong logic, it should be AND, not OR...

@Slice: line 22 (CloverPackage/package/Scripts.templates/EFIFolder/postinstall) should be:

if [[ ! -f "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" && "${customPlists}" == "" ]]; then

The template should be copied as main config only in case both the main config and the custom configs are not present. In any other case it should not be copied.

• Like 6

I tried r4123 with Philip's  corrections above. I still got KP. I am attaching the origin folder incase the problem is also on another table.

Haha, two different fixes going on here. I don't think the table issue is fully fixed yet, Philip's fix has to do with the installer and installing default config.plist.

Yeah, my bad, wrong logic, it should be AND, not OR...

@Slice: line 22 (CloverPackage/package/Scripts.templates/EFIFolder/postinstall) should be:

if [[ ! -f "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" && "${customPlists}" == "" ]]; then

The template should be copied as main config only in case both the main config and the custom configs are not present. In any other case it should not be copied.

Committed

I tried r4123 with Philip's  corrections above. I still got KP. I am attaching the origin folder incase the problem is also on another table.

If you dropped these tables then I see nothing in the preboot.log.

I want to see preboot.log if BRGT is not dropped.

• Like 2

Slice here is Preboot log with KP BGRT and other tables

Your report

30:627  0:002  Apply DsdtFixMask=0x0908F0B1

Doesn't contain a fix for header

<key>FixHeaders_20000000</key>
				<true/>

• Like 1