InsanelyMac Forum
t3ch_guru

Help aspire one d150-1587 iatkos s3 v2 (snow leopard 10.6.3)

I have successfully installed iatkos s3 v2 snow leopard 10.6.3 everything seems to work but wifi the internal card is an acer invilink I just need a kext or if I upgrade using combo update to 10.6.8 im not sure if it will be supported or if something else may break because version 10.6.3 works great other than no wifi

Advertisement

Well ive also noticed that the camera doesnt work either which isnt a big deal and it will not come out of sleep mode but i just changed the settings where it will never sleep but my main concern is getting wifi to work i have noticed in system profiler it shows it as an acer invilink but on the bottom of the unit it says atheros ar5bxb63 and a google search shows bad news for this wireless card any suggestions

I have also tried a usb linksys ae1000 dongle i got it to show up under usb system profiler by changing device id but it doesnt work with airport utility i have ralink wireless utility version 2.0.0.0 and it doesnt detect it either i installed the driver and app using iatkos s3 v2 customize menu i also have a wireless netgear wnda3100 usb dongle that doesnt show up either

I have also tried a usb linksys ae1000 dongle i got it to show up under usb system profiler by changing device id but it doesnt work with airport utility i have ralink wireless utility version 2.0.0.0 and it doesnt detect it either i installed the driver and app using iatkos s3 v2 customize menu i also have a wireless netgear wnda3100 usb dongle that doesnt show up either

I updated to 10.6.8 using combo update and changed the device id to another number i got off of another forum and reset the permissions using kext utility and restarted and it worked