XCODE: What project should I choose to build USB WiFi Card kext?

acanive

5 posts in this topic

Maybe this isn't a topic for the New Users Lounge, but the thing is that I am a new user to this matter and I also CAN'T create a new topic in the developer section. So here it goes.

I am trying to build a driver for my USB Wireless Card (TP-Link TL-WN722N) which isn't supported in Mac. I also found it very commented around some other websites, mainly asking for a supporting kext, then I made my mind.

The 1srt question should be simple:

What kind of project should I build in Xcode? One using IOKit framework (user space) or one using Kernel framework (kernel space)?

I have been having troubles to get the basics fully working maybe because I am using the wrong start.

Thanks for the answer Mirone, but I have already read almost all Apple documentation and tried examples and the basic code works super fine. But the way it is written it doesn't appear clear to me. I have read a lot before trying to ask.

I also read the article that explain which kind of project should I choose, and as USB I should use a user level using IOKit.framework but as a Network Controller I should use a kernel level programming, and this causes me to doubt.

The link you provided is for creating a project for a kernel level kext. But that is not what I ask, and also I whould like a more human response.

Are you trying to tell me that for a USB Wireless Card I should use the Kernel.framework?