AppleHDA not work with Clover

mitarai

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I know I am going to post a newb question, but I spent a whole day trying to find a solution, but no luck came. I'm a Hackintosh user just since yesterday.

So my problem is:

I managed to get the sound working - used my right patched AppleHDA.kext, managed to edit DSDT the right way and if I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to boot, the sound works. That would be all fine, but Chimera simply does not work with my Gigabyte main board.

So I had to install Clover, which works like a charm, I am very happy with it, however I can't manage to get the sound working when booting from Clover. I use the same DSDT file, but the sound driver just does not "load". I got also Clover Configurator, if that makes things easier.

It's probably some kind of very easy "code fixing", but I'm desperate. I read hundreds of topics and guides, yet nothing had anything to do in commom with this problem.

My Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

My Audio: VIA 2020/2021 (one of those, dunno which exactly but doesn't matter)

My OS: OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

My config.plist and dsdt.aml included. (In a zip file, the forum does not let me upload .plist and .aml directly)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

audio.zip

Hi,

Boot with the following boot flag: kext-dev-mode=1

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm booting with kext-dev-mode=1 all the time. I have even disabled clover interfering to audio and still no luck.

Hmm, perhaps the AppleHDA is being loaded from the  Extra/Extensions folder.

From the root of your HDD, go to Extra/Extensions.

Find AppleHDA and copy it either to the Clover folder/Kexts/10.10, or install it using a utility like iKext or Kext utility.

I don't even have Extra/Extensions folder. My AppleHDA is installed in S/L/E and I have copied it to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.10, and still no luck.

I believe there is something wrongly configured in the config.plist, but I just can't manage what that is.

Title of the topic edited. @mitarai read our Forum Rules please.

We don't give support for Tonymac tools.

Yes, sorry. I have updated the topic in an instant, but the title cannot be changed. Thanks for that.

When the HDD selection screen appears on Clover, select the OS X HDD, press space, and boot without caches, see if that solves anything.

Apparently I was using the wrong appleHDA file, but I reverted it back to the old and used the method you mentioned one post back and IT WORKS!

Can't measure all the thanks I owe you. Wish you a nice day! Thanks.