Pavo

Making a 10.10/10.11 USB Installer /w Clover (UEFI and Legacy) the correct way!

58 posts in this topic

Many thanks ...nice guide...up and running smooth...all working nice

You can upload one you will use for installation and one you will use after you install.

USB INSTALLATION / Clover/ ACPI /kexts /   config.plist

AFTER INSTALLATION

Advertisement

First of all I would like to thank you very much for posting this streamlined guide.

It's well organized, thanks for that.

You seem to have slightly outdated screenshots though and the El Capitan Guide should forward the visitors to the page where the actual guide really is (on the Sierra page).

I actually forgot that I could make the Installmedia with the terminal and clover alone! It's been a while, last time I used a all-in-one click-through installer, but I encountered minor issues in the long run.

Let's hope less (tools) will be more for the next instance!

First of all I would like to thank you very much for posting this streamlined guide.

It's well organized, thanks for that.

You seem to have slightly outdated screenshots though and the El Capitan Guide should forward the visitors to the page where the actual guide really is (on the Sierra page).

I actually forgot that I could make the Installmedia with the terminal and clover alone! It's been a while, last time I used a all-in-one click-through installer, but I encountered minor issues in the long run.

Let's hope less (tools) will be more for the next instance!

Thanks for the feedback, There isn't a El Captain guide yet, I don't have El Captain installed to make the screenshots from it. Might do that in a VM this weekend, but at least thanks for the feedback, you can always make an account, fork update and do a pull request to add your edits

Clover v2.3k r3994 says its incompatible with the current OSX version (Sierra).

I went ahead and hit Install Anyway.

Edit to Add:

R3994 was not the latest version.

Latest version as of today is r3998.

Running r3998 gave no compatibility errors.

site is down

why do you move to a another site?

Host is having DB issues, will post again once they have fixed it, changed for security.

Being this amongst the most concise tutorials around, I saved the Sierra one in .pdf to avoid website downtimes.

I can upload it, if needed.

Sierra - Gogs.pdf

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

High Sierra:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Bear in mind: I cannot keep the .pdf updated forever! I look at this thread every now and then.

Edited by Il Francy MacPc

Being this amongst the most concise tutorials around, I saved the Sierra one in .pdf to avoid website downtimes.

I can upload it, if needed.

Yes. Please do.

Writes a guide then moves it from here to a server that's not available - nice.  <_<

You at least could have left the original posts here with a link to the updates so folks have something to work with.