How is an i7-4770k 3.49GHz with 16GB RAM and GeForce GTX760 running slow?

newmy51

21 posts in this topic

-Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 CrossFireX DVI/HDMI mATX Motherboard

-Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core

-16GB (2x8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance LP SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

-EVGA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB 256-bit GDDR5)

-SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD

-Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Writer

-OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

Attached is a recent kernel panic. I need to be able to run Lightroom and a program called Zerene Stacker smoothly, ideally with the ability to simultaneously multitab browse and play video as well. I bought the meanest machine I could afford back in October of 2013 to be able to do just that, but it's never really hummed the way I've wanted it to.  Lately it's just plain $h|tting the bed, as in the recent kernel panic shutdown.  I am mega frustrated, ready to pay $$$$$$ to a hackintosher in the bay area (if I could find one), but figured I'd come here first in case I've missed something simple.

Can follow instructions and provide any info upon request, but I am definitely NOT hackintosh savvy. It's a miracle I got Mavericks installed as half-decently as I did... which could be part of the problem.

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate the help.

-Danny

Kernel Panic.rtf

this is a problem with usb ports and caches, try rebuild caches with Kext Wizard app and set the flag USBBusfix=Yes or in clover section USB check all boxes

microsoftFTW (strange name for a custom mac forum), I don't know how to rebuild caches with Kext Wizard or set USBBusfix=Yes, or how to check all boxes in the USB section of clover.

How do you know this is the problem and there is no other?

EDIT: DLed Kext Wizard, ran a 'Rebuild cache," but saw no option for a USBBusfix flag.

• 4 weeks later...

The fix appears to have been only temporary.  I am back to scroll lag while browsing and cursor and typing lag on all applications, which is particularly frustrating with brushes in photo editing.  The slowness is intermittent, but is most apparent when using either Zerene Stacker or Lightroom, despite this machine being well, well above the recommended system requirements for either program.  I run Onyx regularly, which has little to no effect, nor does changing process priority.

I am utterly stumped.

The fix appears to have been only temporary.  I am back to scroll lag while browsing and cursor and typing lag on all applications, which is particularly frustrating with brushes in photo editing.  The slowness is intermittent, but is most apparent when using either Zerene Stacker or Lightroom, despite this machine being well, well above the recommended system requirements for either program.  I run Onyx regularly, which has little to no effect, nor does changing process priority.

I am utterly stumped.

Check if your power management is right!

Had similar issues (Laggy input, sleep issues, some KP on boot randomly) some time ago on my wifes machine which has a similar motherboard. Was a USB issue. Fixed by enabling XHCI/EHCI hand off in the BIOS and installing the Generic XHCI kext (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/).

Nice tip!  ;)

• 1 month later...

Getting even worse.  Now to the point that even single applications lag for no apparent reason.  I am so, so frustrated!  I will attempt to make the BIOS changes shazeal recommends, but f*ck.  Getting ready to sell/part out this thing or just put Win7Pro on it.

Crushers I am so sorry was even referring to newmy51, he seems not to know how to add kext-dev-mode=1 in his boot flags

On Clover open Clover Configurato and Like this:

and on Chameleon use Chameleon Wizard and like this:

On Ozmosis use Textwrangler or Xcode like this

• Like 1