Video showing how to update from 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 on AMD FX processor

pianoguy

10 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for the video. I got to the part where I have do the DITTO commands, but I'm getting  "system extension cannot be used. The system extension "/system/library/extensions/System.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update" then the same error repeats itself for each of the kext files. was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update". I even tried replacing them manually and got the same error.  

Do you have any suggestions?

this guide is wonderful.

thanks so much for this.

currently running flawless 10.9.5 with nvidia web drivers on the following hardware:

AMD FX 8350 Black Ddition @ 4.6ghz

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z

Vengeance DDR3 @ 2133mhz @ 16gb 4x4

OWC 120gb SSD

2x EVGA GTX680 2GB

anyone for that matter?

you can just ignore this and continue with the post update kext installations, after you configure permissions with kext wizard and replace the mach_kernel with the file renamed "amd" you should be good to reboot;  follow OP's directions to the T and ignore the "kext cannot be used" warnings, they will absolve when fixing permissions/restarting.

so ( from memory), install update, don't restart, rename to amd, place in root, drag system kext from downloaded folder to kext wizard, install, then repair permissions,  then restart,  and -x -f, Open terminal, do the ditto stuff and ignore all the errors I get?    should i repair permissions after they are replaced as well? I'm going to try that and report back..  Thanks for your help

by the way

gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Motherboard

AMDFX 93708 

8 GB DDR3

Geforce 550 ti Graphics

this guide TOTALLY ROCKS!  thanks so much piano guy+ crashtheface. It took me a LONG TIME trying to figure out how to do this, after countless google searches only to end up with countless ambiguous instructions that did not remotely work.   More videos like this please for the less incompetant

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok i have a problem(the same if i update to 10.9.2 or later) i have graphics issues but if i disable graphic (nv_disable=1) or try "secure mode"(sorry for my english) i mean -x, all work fine(but without graphics) ,if not the SO is slow and laggy, i try install nvidia web drivers and the same (with the bootflag nvda_drv=1)

My build is:

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770

CPU: FX 8350

MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming