Badruzeus

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 

INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL

PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )

STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 

Open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )

So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 

————————————————————

STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed

Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )

Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )

OR

STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed

Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 

But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 

If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )

** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **

Video summary:

Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  

After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 

STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager

How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows

• By cvad
      Small tool to download, compile and build the latest Clover X64 package.

The script inside is editable.

Enjoy...

Many thanks to the comrade SunKi for help with creating the script.

Best thanks - click "Rate File".

• By blxkspell
      Hey!
      As I have 3 Monitors connected, my RX 570 gets arround 50°C while ideling/ web browsing etc. The problem is, that this temp is apparently just the threshold, when the fans start to spin. So the fans start spinning for a minute then they stop for a while again... This is very annoying for me as the rest of my hackintosh is nearly quiet (SSD, 120mm low RPM cpu fan, nearly silent PSU,...), especially when Im using the pc to revise for school. Does somebody know wether its possible to "change" the threshold till the fans start spinning? Like it would probably not be a problem for the gpu at all, if the temp rises to 55°C but therefore be soundless....

• By kylon
      Cloud Clover Editor allows you to manage Clover EFI and Ozmosis configs everywhere!

WEB
      Open Cloud Clover Editor

APP (MacOS - Discontinued)
      Clover flying editor ( Micky1979 )

Sources: https://bitbucket.org/kylon/cloud-clover-editor-cce/overview

To run CCE at home you will need:

An HTTP server (Apache, Nginx, ...) PHP 5.3.3+ (latest PHP version is always recommended for better performances/security) Sqlite3 PHP extension  

Some Features:

Edit text in tables:
      Editable fields are marked with a text cursor.
      Double click, or tap and hold, to open the inline editor.
      You can now press Enter or click outside to save your changes.

Tri-state checkboxes:
      There are 3 possible states for a checkbox: Checked, indeterminate and unchecked.

Checked: Value is true;
      Indeterminate: Value is false;
      Unchecked: Value is not set (ie, removed from plist)

Working with multiple configs:
      The right sidebar is your multitasking menu.
      Use the add button to create a new config and add it to the list.
      You can safely switch between all your configs, no changes will be lost.
      You can mix Clover EFI and Ozmosis configs.

Config Upgrade feature:
      In the case you are using old configuration options, CCE gives you the ability to automatically upgrade your config.

Copy to:
      You can copy patches between your configs (you will love this when you need to copy kernel and kext patches ;D ).
      You will find a yellow copy icon if that field does support the copyTo feature.

Ozmosis Mode:
      A new setting, Cloud Clover Editor Mode, is now added in Cloud Clover Editor -> CCE Settings.
      This will let you switch from Clover EFI to Ozmosis mode.
      Changes to your current file will be lost.

CCE Bank 2.0:
      Thanks to @cecekpawon for the idea.

CCE Bank is a database where you can save/load Clover EFI and Ozmosis configs.
      You can protect your config from unwanted modifications or make a publicly editable config.

To save a config in CCE Bank you only need to check the "Save to CCE Bank" option.

Tick the box generate a new CID, if you don t have one.

A CID (CCE ID) acts like a container and it is your authentication key.
      You can group multiple configs under the same CID or generate as many CIDs as you like.

Edit Modes:
      Public: Anyone can make modifications, only the owner can change its settings. Private: Only the owner can make modifications and change its settings. MyBank: Only the owner can see this config, make modifications or change its settings.  
      MyBank is your private area.
      Change the 'view mode' to switch between the public bank and your personal bank.

To manage your currently loaded config, go to Cloud Clover Editor -> Open config -> click the settings button.

Notes:
      Locked/Private configs are marked with a padlock MyBank configs are only visibile in your private area Only the owner of a locked config can save the modifications in CCE Bank, hower you are free to do whatever you want in CCE and download the modified config If you loose your CID you can just reply or pm me No account is required!  

Main Features:
      Left sidebar does support touch swipe on touch devices.
      No changes will be lost on page reload.

Credits
      mackie100 - took some ideas from his app Clover EFI dev team Eric Slivka - new serial number Virtual1 - new serial number cecekpawon - PHP 5.3.3 patch, , help with the ACPI Loader Mode flag and more Micky1979 - Clover flying editor crusher. - Help with the ACPI Loader Mode flag Download-Fritz - Help with the ACPI Loader Mode flag Pavo - Ozmosis fields and values stehor - Ozmosis fields and values Sherlocks - General help and support gujiangjiang - General help and support Please let me know if i forgot you!
    • By d2a
      So I'm finally joining the grown-ups and trying to set up a new(ish) hack. In the past I've used legacy Clover with my old Gigabyte board and thought I knew what I was doing. But I've been trying to get a UEFI Clover-based install to work and it's going nowhere.

My new system (listed as SysB in sig) is a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK rev1.1 with firmware F6, an i7 4790K CPU and 4x4GB Corsair 1866MHz. I have the firmware settings set as per various guides and thought this should be a pretty painless transition...

I have successfully run the installer for El Cap several times, but can't get the machine to boot reliably - it seems to change behaviour each boot. Sometimes boot hangs at the Gigabyte logo after choosing boot volume via F12, sometimes it boots to clover but displays no bootable drives, sometimes displays ElCap SSD in Clover but wont boot from it with kernel cache error, and occasionally it will boot all the way.

What I'd like to know is:

Should I update the mobo firmware to the latest version? This board has two more recent Bios software downloads, but they wont allow me to drop back to the version currently installed. I'm nervous to update unless this is likely to be the culprit. Is this just a UEFI issue? If the simple answer is just go legacy mode, maybe I should just avoid the issue... FInally, does anyone else have a working clover install on this board they could share with me? I think I've got it set up as it should be but the strange inconsistent boot behaviour makes me wonder... Thanks