Mieze

IntelMausiEthernet.kext for Intel onboard LAN

936 posts in this topic

I have compiled IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Github Resources with XCODE version 11.2.1 with success in Catalina 10.15.2 Beta 2

My Intel I219V2 from Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 is working properly, sleep and wake without problem (with ethernet cable attached).

And just for the information, i always use Wifi for daily usage. i just tried new version and give feedback for dev.

Thanks very much

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Advertisement
On 11/16/2019 at 11:24 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

I have compiled IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Github Resources with XCODE version 11.2.1 with success in Catalina 10.15.2 Beta 2

My Intel I219V2 from Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 is working properly, sleep and wake without problem (with ethernet cable attached).

And just for the information, i always use Wifi for daily usage. i just tried new version and give feedback for dev.

Thanks very much

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 11.18.18.png

HI, Can you please add support for I350 onboard lan?  (0x15218086 )

here is the key from AppleIGP.kext, as you may already now, It's unstable with kernal panics... but when it does not panic, it works well.

<key>i350</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIGB</string>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>AppleIGB</string>
            <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
            <string>0x15218086 0x15228086 0x15238086 0x15248086 0x15468086</string>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
            <key>NETIF_F_TSO</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

On 10/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, Evgeny2256 said:

Hello!
Please, help
I have a motherboard X8DTH with ethernet controller INTEL 82576.  I downloaded the kext from the first page, but the network interface still does not work. Please tell me what to do. I used kext utility for installation 

Please, help

Hi. Smalltreexxxxx.kext will support your MB. On Mojave and Catalina. I know , I have the same Nic on my X8DTi

On 4/8/2018 at 4:06 PM, liuhongxin1993 said:

Supported devices for SmallTreeIntel8254x.kext:

• 8086:107c 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

unfortunately not true. i have that card and it doesn't work at all.

14 minutes ago, Mieze said:

@maleorderbride I'm sorry but there is none. IntelMausiEthernet was designed exclusively for PCH's integrated LAN solution.

Mieze

Thanks for the quick response Mieze (and all of your work around here). Is your RTL8111 also only for integrated LAN's?

Or would it work with a card like this? https://www.newegg.com/syba-sd-pex24009/p/N82E16833328018?Description=RTL8111&cm_re=RTL8111-_-33-328-018-_-Product&quicklink=true

Edited by maleorderbride

26 minutes ago, maleorderbride said:

Is your RTL8111 also only for integrated LAN's?

Or would it work with a card like this? https://www.newegg.com/syba-sd-pex24009/p/N82E16833328018?Description=RTL8111&cm_re=RTL8111-_-33-328-018-_-Product&quicklink=true

It works well with any RTL8111 add-on card but you should avoid cards based on the outdated RTL8111B as this chip doesn't support offload features for IPv6 and is junk silicon due to several hardware bugs. Personally I'm using an RTL8111E-based card for testing.

Unfortunately your product link doesn't mention the exact chip used on the card.

Mieze

On 1/31/2020 at 9:49 PM, maleorderbride said:

See reviews

Cons: not a realtek RTL8111 chipset (its an Agere ET-1310)
wont obtain IP via DHCP seems to work if I manually config IP (all other computers grab DHCP ip's fine)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DOGER92
      Hi guys, I'm new to the world of Hackintosh. I write in this section because I have a problem with the graphics card of my laptop. As far as I understand from the web, it is not possible to use a dedicated graphics card on a laptop. So I'm trying to use the integrated processor one. The problem is that I have tried various procedures seen online, but in spite of this I cannot solve the problem. If you need this is the equipment of my laptop:

Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD-FI038T

Screen: Led 15.6” 16:9 (Ultra HD 3480x2160).
      Chipset: Intel HM175.
      Cpu: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.80 GHz / 3.80 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3).
      Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5.
      Hard Disk: SSD M.2 512 GB SATA 3.0 + SSD 750GB.
      Ram: 32GB DDR4-2666.
      Audio: audio stereo Harman Kardon.
      Webcam: webcam HD with integrated headphone.
      Lan: Intel LAN 10/100/1000, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2x2), Bluetooth 4.2.
      USB: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN RJ-45, 1 x jack
      Slot: 1 x SD.

I hope there is someone who can help me with this problem
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.

Supported cards are:

- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
       - sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
       - Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
       - Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
       - Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)

The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):

- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Sound blaster Audigy FX
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
       - Any sound card without an emu sound chip
      - Any ISA Sound card

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- cracking and stability fixes

- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)

- inputs support

- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

LINKS and downloads:
               -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   (kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)  

• By sierra2600
      The laptop in question: Acer TravelMate 8472 TM8472 (Model: ZQ3) (refer to the "Spoiler" at the end if you want the machine specs)

"So what are you bugging us for?" Good question, because I am usually an introvert and usually just keep looking for answers but I could not find some. Jumping to it...
      What does not work and I would like thoughts on:
      Bluetooth does not register, used to on previous installs (sorry, I did not pay attention to see if this was caused by me updating to 10.8.5 but that was necessary for the below functions) (It does not work in Debian either - Ignore) LAN and WLAN  - I have found Kexts (somewhere, I think I just lost them... dang it...) for the WLAN but I have yet to try them, nothing for the LAN I know this is cheating but I read that The NDISulator for FreeBSD (HINT HINT) is a port of NDISwrapper for Linux that runs Windows XP network drivers in Linux or BSD Brightness controls work from the middle down on the "Sun" brightness overlay, I got this far from following this: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/ but I am kind of thinking of trying: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/?do=findComment&comment=2214344 . My "magic number" is: 0xF        I used DSDTEditor in Windows, since I figured all the drivers are loaded, to extract the DSDT and compile something that somewhat works... Wake from sleep issue - I tried the above guide for that but I get a no backlit display and I can see that the cursor in the password field is not flashing when I use an external light source, but it will reboot when I press Ctrl + Alt + Power "button" (it is actually a slider) and then also clear my freaking CMOS right down to the clock... yeah I have the ACPI fix implmented and it usually works... DVD Player.app reports that no viable video device was found (personally I don't care about the DVD Player.app problem, just wanted to put that out there for the heck of it) The microphone port always sounds like it is going through a [dirty] guitar effects petal no matter what sliders are adjusted  
      Likely causes of:
      Bluetooth (BCM92046), WIFI (BCM943225HM) - So, I USED TO be able to turn on the WIFI from within Windows then reboot into Mac OS and have it work but I noticed recently that the indicator light for them turns off BEFORE it reboots now. When Windows or Android load, it lights up- "No... really, captain obvious?!"... anyways... working "No really Sherlock!" so OBVIOUSLY, the OS has to activate them... and preferably ignore the wireless switching button For the WIFI module, if you omit the 9 and HM in a search, results appear! Brightness - Will get reset to full "Bright light! Bright light!" when a "Load System Defaults" is applied from within the BIOS settings but like the WIFI and Bluetooth the OS will forcefully take control of it Microphone In sounding dirty - me being lazy with the audio drivers LAN (BCM57760) - I dunno...  when I search it, nothing comes up...  
      "How did you get this far?"
      Update the BIOS, this is oh so very important (refer to the battery section of the "Spoiler" for the reson) PLEASE BACKUP YOUR BIOS FIRST! PLUG THE MACHINE INTO THE AC ADAPTER/CHARGER! DO NOT FORCE THE COMPUTER TO SHUTDOWN NOR REMOVE THE BATTERY NOR UNPLUG IT FROM THE AC ADAPTER/CHARGER WHILE IT IS UPDATING! I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR BRICKED MACHINES! So it will boot off of the (Niresh) Mac OS X 10.8 with no changes to anything "Awesome" but you may still need at least a USB mouse "Aww" If you have the option to remove the display drivers/kexts otherwise it will not to boot or not display If you forgot this, breathe "You think that's air your breathing?"... anyways... during the bootloader, go into single user mode [ -s ] and follow the on screen instructions to allow for modifying the files. You will want to PREFERABLY create a folder where Mac OS cannot read them and move the IntelHDGraphics Kexts into it You are likely going to need an external USB keyboard as well now that it is installed Now install the described Kexts in the "Spoiler" associated with the hardware to get more functionality and loose the USB HICs  
      Any help pertaining to the Bluetooth, WIFI, LAN, bizarre brightness and wake after sleep backlit display issue would be wonderful... Thank you for your time and I hope that I helped anyone else out with some of their own issues pertaining to the Acer TravelMate 8472 TM8472 ZQ3 no nVidia with i5 laptop...
      (Attached are non-modified extracted DSDT DSL and AML files "with errors according to DSDTEditor" for reference of the machine with a Phoenix BIOS version of 1.28 (07/20/2011))
      dsdt.aml
      dsdt.dsl