Flashplayer frustration

greycobra

6 posts in this topic

I have a perfectly running hackintosh installed on an old gateway ZX4931.  I've tried every suggestion I can find on the internet to try and get flash working and nothing has worked.

I have tried every web browser I can find with no luck.  Even chrome which has flash built in won't work.

I know it's not a limitation of the computer.  I have watched many hours of video using Windows.

The hack plays HTML5 videos just fine but won't touch a flash video.

Anyone have any ideas I might have missed.

Thanks

Dan

Appreciate the suggestions.  I changed the machine defination to Mac pro 3.1.  Read the smbios file to make sure the change took place. Nothing.  Yes, I can play the chess game.  The graphics show up just fine.  Also get the sound telling me what every move is.  Got my butt kicked in about 6 moves.  :hysterical: 

Tried to play a youtube video.  I get a black screen with no sound.

You might need to disable hardware acceleration. It fixed the problem for me.

Open /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/mms.cfg and add the line DisableHardwareAcceleration=1. It probably won't let you save the file. To get around, save a copy to your desktop, then replace the original with the copy.