Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nosushi4you

HDMI Audio HD 3000

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow hackintoshers!

I've spent the better part of 48 hours getting my Aspire S3 ultrabook up and running with Yosemite 10.10.1. I have wifi working via USB, QE/CI on my HD 3000 and all that other good stuff. Audio is currently working with VoodooHDA, but I have a question: can VoodooHDA work with HDMI audio? I had a similar setuip with Mountain Lion on the same laptop and on both the video works perfectly over HDMI, but audio does not. I have the option to output with HDMI but when I choose it the volume greys out and it doesn't work. So, my question is actually a two-parter:

1.) Is it possible to get HDMI audio working with VoodooHDA (Yosemite)? If not, I guess using a patched AppleHDA is my only option. Which leads me to my second question...

2.) If I MUST use AppleHDA, what would be the easiest way of finding out my audio codec? I know I have a Realtek sound card, but there are so many options and I don't know which is which. I've googled this at length before and surprisingly could not find a straigtforward answer as to how to find the proper codec to install.

Thanks for any help any of you might be able to provide!

Advertisement

1.) Is it possible to get HDMI audio working with VoodooHDA (Yosemite)? If not, I guess using a patched AppleHDA is my only option. Which leads me to my second question...

2.) If I MUST use AppleHDA, what would be the easiest way of finding out my audio codec? I know I have a Realtek sound card, but there are so many options and I don't know which is which. I've googled this at length before and surprisingly could not find a straigtforward answer as to how to find the proper codec to install.

For HD3000 HDMI audio, not aware of a Voodoo solution; AppleHDA.kext working.  See Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio

For AppleHDA + Voodoo, try HDMI audio with unsupported alc chip and gfx card sound chip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kylon
      ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG intel i5-U IvyBridge

Not Working:
      - sd card reader

Tested on High Sierra 10.13.6 and Clover EFI 4678

Notes:
      Somehow boot Clover EFI.
      You may need to disable UEFI and boot Clover as Legacy with EmuVariable.
      After that, you should install and boot macOS to install clover as legacy in your EFI partition.
      Now disable Secure Boot and enable UEFI Mode. (remove EmuVariable)
      You may need more steps if you are dual-booting with Windows.

**To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**

Feel free to ask for help.

You will need:
      Clover install options: Install in EFI Partition, Install boot0af, Enable OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and script RC Latest Clover config (acerAspirev5-571PG - CCE Bank) from here ATH9KFixup (here) WhateverGreen (here) Rehabman AppleIntelBacklightInjector (here) in L\E + rebuild cache Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here) Rehabman ACPI Battery Driver (here) vit9696 AppleALC (here) + Lilu (here) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)
    • By zEvilz13
      Hello!

1. I install 10.13.5 on PC and install latest Clover. Working fine with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. Then I reconfigure config.plist to work with native power management but have kernel panic. Then I found kernel fixes for pentiums, add this to config.plist and have panic again. How i can fix it without using custom DSDT?

P.S. Also why a have worked speed step with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext? Checked in HWMonitor. Also have good results in Geekbench4 - 3016/5227 points in single/multi-core mode (linux - 2861/4476, win - 3038/4850).

2. GTS250 worked out of the box. But I have problem during starting with HDMI connection (lost signal to monitor). No problems with VGA. How i can fix it without using custom DSDT?

Hadrware:

MB: Asus H61M-A
      CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 (Ivy Bridge)
      Video: Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 deep green 512Mb (iGPU disabled in UEFI)

Kexts:

AppleALC.kext
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
      Lilu.kext
      RealtekRTL8111.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext

ACPI Clover dump - acpi_clover_dump.zip
      worked config.plist with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext - config.plist_nullcpupm.zip
      not worked config.plist with fixes and without NullCpuPowerManagement.kext - config.plist.applecpupm.zip
    • By maiconjs
      I have a receiver with 7.1 channels, in which I transmit the formats Dolby Digital and DTS without problems by Windows, through the HDMI output of HD4000. On that same Laptop, I have the Hackintosh, with the High Sierra 10.13.6, and with audio enabled using AppleALC, but in the audio preferences, I can not enable the Digital audio format. Also did not find players like Mirillis SplashPro (which I have used in Windows) with the option of HDMI output Bitstream. Is it possible to enable this digital output on Hackintosh?
    • By GalaxymaxiS
      Buongiorno Forum Italiano (????)

Sono nuovo negli hackintosh, non so bene ancora come Funziona il tutto, ma mi serve il vostro supporto, 

Premessa:  Conosco già il fatto che: L'Aspire One D255e non ha i Kexts del Wi-Fi e della Scehda video*
      (o nel caso con gli anni abbiano fatto i Kexts, vorrei avere i link se ci sono XD)

In sostanza vorrei sapere se ci sono dei Kexts da installare dei seguenti pezzi hardware:

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il supporto che mi date, 

Con amore,
      Utente Disperato ♥
      (Tocco di stupidaggine ci sta sempre xd)

Se serve qualche Log o cose simili, basta chiedere
    • By Fernando Castro
      In this Guide I will explain step by step how to install Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.5
      over an Acer Aspire E1-572-53GN.

1st: Get a copy of Niresh High Sierra on Hackintosh Zone
      Create an USB with the DMG file.
      You will get BOOTLOADER partion
      And High Sierra Installer partition
      Use Disk Utility to restore those partitions over an 16Gb USB Pen Drive
      Use this config.plist provided in this Tutorial and put in /EFI/CLOVER partition of your USB
      After create these USB with Niresh, boot your Laptop

Install High Sierra.
      After installation boot with this Pen Drive Again and do in terminal this
      dd if=/dev/disk*s1 (your pen drive) of=/dev/disk0s1 bs=4m
      Reboot
      Load MacOS High Sierra from Clover

You are done.

Now you has an Acer Aspire with High Sierra 10.13
      Apple Store
      Update

Let the system do it for you.

Install Voodoohda 2.9.0 v12