Yosemite + Asus Z97M-PLUS + i7-4790k + GTX 970

fderre

2 posts in this topic

Well, it took a few goes, but finally my config is working and stable.

The config:

- Yosemite (10.10.1)

- Asus Z97-M Plus MOBO

- Intel i7-4790K (OCd)

- 16Gb RAM (OCd)

- Asus STRIX GTX 970

- 750Gb SSD

- Belkin F8T065 for Bluetooth

- Samsung U28D590D (4K@60Hz over Displayport)

Instructions:

- You need to boot your OS X installer using "nv_disable=1" boot flag, otherwise GTX 970 will cause a kernel panic.

- After installation install the NVIDIA Web Driver 343.01.02f01. To activate it, you'll need the "nvda_drv=1" boot flag.

- Reformat your EFI partition (sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk?s?) as FAT32 and Install Clover with these settings: Install for UEFI booting only, Install Clover in the ESP, Drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64, Install RC scripts on target volume, Optional RC Scripts/disable sleep proxy client.

- Configure Clover (see the attached config). The "nvda_drv=1" boot flag is required for the NVIDIA web driver to work.

- Copy "AppleIntelE1000e.kext" and "FakeSMC.kext" to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder of the EFI partition.

- Install some additional drivers: "Realtek ALC887 v100302" for sound, "Intel Generic AHCI SATA" for better SATA performance.

- Update Rt Variables and SMBIOS settings using Clover Configurator to get iMessage working (get settings with iMessageDebugV2 on your Real Mac).

Note: Clover 3050 default config caused ACPI kernel panic for my config. The attached Clover settings worked for me (copy it to your EPB's EFI/CLOVER folder). The config does not contain the ROM/MLB and other serials for iMessage to work, you need your Real Mac for that. Until my Clover was fixed, I used a different bootloader on a bootable USB key.

Everything is working fine now, except for Handoff/Continuity (I didn't bother with that since I don't really use it even on my Real Macs).

Good luck!  :) 

config.plist.zip

• Like 3

• 4 months later...