Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thePHPdev

30" Apple Cinema Display Low Resolution.

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display, a DL-DVI to HDMI adaptor and a 2013 MacBook Pro. That's all well and good, but the resolution of the Cinema Display is topping out at 1280x800.

If anybody could give me some ideas - as I'm stumped - that would be great, and your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

post-1195290-0-14093500-1418664927_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

When you connect an Apple Cinema Display (30-inch DVI) to your computer, you may find that the highest available resolution is 1280 x 800 even though the optimum resolution for the display is 2560 x 1600. This can happen if the display has a single-link DVI connection instead of a dual-link DVI connection.

Straight from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/en-za/HT201927

The power block, DVI cable and everything else associated with the 30" Cinema display is original Apple that came with the display. I saw it working just recently with the prev owner's PC.

The DVI to HDMI adaptor is Dual-Link, as already stated in the OP...

you may look for mini thunderbolt to dual link DVI to try it.

OK, but I honestly can't see why that would do anything, since HDMI can support 4K, surely 2560x1600 should be a breeze! :P

I have ordered one, nonetheless...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jcrcarmo
      Hello guys,

I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk laptop. Everything works, except HDMI audio. I can’t get it right no matter what I try, and I’ve tried every guide I’ve found. I was able to patch AppleHDA.kext and sound is working great, but still no HDMI audio in the sound properties window, only 'internal speaker out'. Here are my specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk 80RS
      Intel core i5 6200U @ 2.40 GHz
      Intel HD 520 Graphics
      16GB of DDR3L RAM @ 1600Mhz
      480GB SSD as primary boot and system drive
      1TB SATAIII HD as secondary. Backup drive
      Dual boot (macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and Windows 10 Pro)

Please refer to attached .docx file containing a picture of DPCIManager window and picture of Kexts installed in EFI-EFI-CLOVER-Kexts-Other. Also, in case you wish to look at it, I am posting the link to my RunMe files. Thanks a lot for your time and help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7ooQ7unNid5up12P1ygagZa1kjzzHSD/view?usp=sharing

Screen_Shots.docx
    • By kali2000
      Hi again...
      I'm update to Catalina and my old config.plist to patch my laptop with new methods... all work fine.
      Only I have a little problem with may HDMI connection, when use it my laptop reboots.
      Please... Can anyone see my problem reporting files and tell me...
      Thanks in advance.

PD. I've noticed that I also have another problem, my laptop don't go to sleep.
      Files.zip
    • By DerNuntius
      Hi,

Finally I finished the installation of 10.14.6 on my Dell E5440. Everything works just fine, but HDMI will not work. Every time I plug it in, it causes a grey screen on my laptop monitor. Also on boot up. I attached my EFI Folder, maybe someone can help me. I searched a bit and read something about Azul Framebuffer Kext.

Thank you for helping.
      Greedings,
      Hugo

CLOVER.zip
    • By JTSaysWhat
      My rig is working great driving a single display from Vega 64 via DisplayPort, but I'm having a devil of a time getting a TV monitor working via HDMI on the same card.

My TV lights up an input icon when I plug it to the Vega (see attached--notice the next port w/ nothing plugged in is grayed out). So I know some electrons are flowing (maybe EDID?), but it never gets a signal. I've tried several HDMI 2.0 cables.

I'm running a vanilla install of 10.14.6, as iMac19,1, with just Lilu (1.3.8) + Whatevergreen (1.3.1). System recognizes the Vega and seems to be correctly using the UHD630 headlessly. I just can't get HDMI out of the dGPU...

I've tried the "-raddvi" and "agdpmod=vit9696" boot args, no dice. I've tried the kext patch workaround for disabling board verification, also no go (not surprising as I think that method is now obsolete for my setup).

I hit the same wall running 10.14.2 as iMac18,3 with a different platform-id before updating.

Here's my whole EFI.

Any assistance at all is hugely appreciated!! Thanks y'all.