Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thePHPdev

30" Apple Cinema Display Low Resolution.

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display, a DL-DVI to HDMI adaptor and a 2013 MacBook Pro. That's all well and good, but the resolution of the Cinema Display is topping out at 1280x800.

If anybody could give me some ideas - as I'm stumped - that would be great, and your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

post-1195290-0-14093500-1418664927_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

When you connect an Apple Cinema Display (30-inch DVI) to your computer, you may find that the highest available resolution is 1280 x 800 even though the optimum resolution for the display is 2560 x 1600. This can happen if the display has a single-link DVI connection instead of a dual-link DVI connection.

Straight from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/en-za/HT201927

The power block, DVI cable and everything else associated with the 30" Cinema display is original Apple that came with the display. I saw it working just recently with the prev owner's PC.

The DVI to HDMI adaptor is Dual-Link, as already stated in the OP...

you may look for mini thunderbolt to dual link DVI to try it.

OK, but I honestly can't see why that would do anything, since HDMI can support 4K, surely 2560x1600 should be a breeze! :P

I have ordered one, nonetheless...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zEvilz13
      Hello!

1. I install 10.13.5 on PC and install latest Clover. Working fine with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. Then I reconfigure config.plist to work with native power management but have kernel panic. Then I found kernel fixes for pentiums, add this to config.plist and have panic again. How i can fix it without using custom DSDT?

P.S. Also why a have worked speed step with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext? Checked in HWMonitor. Also have good results in Geekbench4 - 3016/5227 points in single/multi-core mode (linux - 2861/4476, win - 3038/4850).

2. GTS250 worked out of the box. But I have problem during starting with HDMI connection (lost signal to monitor). No problems with VGA. How i can fix it without using custom DSDT?

Hadrware:

MB: Asus H61M-A
      CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 (Ivy Bridge)
      Video: Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 deep green 512Mb (iGPU disabled in UEFI)

Kexts:

AppleALC.kext
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
      Lilu.kext
      RealtekRTL8111.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext

ACPI Clover dump - acpi_clover_dump.zip
      worked config.plist with NullCpuPowerManagement.kext - config.plist_nullcpupm.zip
      not worked config.plist with fixes and without NullCpuPowerManagement.kext - config.plist.applecpupm.zip
    • By maiconjs
      I have a receiver with 7.1 channels, in which I transmit the formats Dolby Digital and DTS without problems by Windows, through the HDMI output of HD4000. On that same Laptop, I have the Hackintosh, with the High Sierra 10.13.6, and with audio enabled using AppleALC, but in the audio preferences, I can not enable the Digital audio format. Also did not find players like Mirillis SplashPro (which I have used in Windows) with the option of HDMI output Bitstream. Is it possible to enable this digital output on Hackintosh?
    • By ivanagui2
      VMQemuVGA display adapter driver for OSx86 running as a VirtualBox guest. The binary should work on all OSs from Snow Leopard up to Yosemite 10.10. It allows to set different screen resolutions in VirtualBox from System Preferences.   The changes I've made to the fork have been minimal.
      GitHub project page Binary and source releases Special thanks:
      PureDarwin
      probonopd
      rafirafi
      Zenith432
      VMware, Inc

• By clickerpw
      hi guys
      can anybody help me.
      i connect display dell 2418D ( 2560x1440@60) to intel hd530 via hdmi.
      after power off first time boot mac os boot in 2560x1440@40.

after this i reboot mac os and boot in 2560x1440@60

also i shoot the video.
      https://youtu.be/Mi6O3-ghRs0
      i tried:
      Lilu.kext , CoreDisplayFixup.kext,Pixel Clock Patch
    • By Nancy10
      Hello!
      I installed OSX Highsierra( clean install ) but I can't make my VGA and HDMI ports to work. I am running it on an Asus X556U laptop with intel HD510. 
      Here is attached All my specs made by DxDiag. And my debug_gen output ( has all debug needed files )
      help!
      DxDiag.txt
      debug_8155.zip