boot hang before chameleon screen.

CamDAX

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Long ago my machine worked without having to change "On-Chip SATA Mode" to "Combined".  I used to have it set to "Enhanced" and it worked but now it hangs before tonymacx86 chameleon derivative pops up, unless I set it to "Combined".  Because of this I can only access my WD with windows on it and since its a different format I can only read it.  Now I used to only have 1 IDE drive and 2 SATA drives, maxtor(200GB) and WD (2TB).  I had it working with that.  I just had to make sure they were the right format.  Now I have 3 SATA drives the maxtor and two WD.  I can't remember exactly but I don't think it changed when I switched.

Any ideas?

Here is my system

GA-G41M-ES2L
Intel® G41 Chipset

System Configuration:
*CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale @2.93 GHz
*GPU: internal + Asus EAH5770
*RAM: 5GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
'''Component Status:'''
*Graphics: Asus EAH5770 DVI VGA Dual Monitors{{Y}} 
*Ethernet: RTL8111C/D {{Y}}
*Audio:  Realtek ALC888B  {{Y}}
* Sleep, Wakeup, Poweroff {{Y}}

BIOS changes:
*Optimized defaults
*CPU Overclocked
*On-Chip SATA Mode Combined
Hard Drive configuration
*WD 2TB SATA (not accecable)
*WD 2TB SATA windows NTFS (readable)
*200GB Maxtor SATA Mac OSx 10.9.3
Installation Method:
*tonymacx86 updated from snow leopard (USB method)
*easy DSDT
*GraphicsEnabler "No"

Oh damit I think it's the drive itself.  I switched the SATA cables just now and this caused it to do it in combined mode as well.

I think I am going to have to pull everything off it onto the windows drive.  Format it and then put everything back.  God damit!

I fixed it.

I think the problem was the drive had a partition flag "bootable" when there is no OS installed in that drive.  So I think it thought there's supposed to be a OS there and just hanged because it can't find one.

Ubuntu showed me that there was that flag but it couldn't remove it.  So I had to repartition the drive exFAT in Mavericks and now I can access the drive from both Windows and OSx.  I didn't test Ubuntu if it could read/write.

Ok I was wrong.  The drive got corrupted somehow so I had to reformat.  I tried FAT which is what it is right now.  OS x booted fine before I copied all my files back and now that I did its hanging again at the spinning line thing before chameleon.

Is there any way to get it to display a console or something so I can see where it hangs with chameleon?