No HDMI Sound through HD Radeon 6770

jbuttonfan

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, this is my first post here and I am relatively new to hackintoshing systems.

Computer basic specs as follows.

Mobo is GA-B75M-D3H, 

CPU is an Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core processor with 3.2GHz, 
Kingston DDR3 8GB RAM, 
GPU is the Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB DDR5,
along with a 40" Samsung Led TV Series 5 5500 through HDMI

I managed to get the QE/CI working on Yosemite for my graphics card using edited kexts found somewhere. Clover injection of the device ID didn't work for some reason, although it got the right card name, resolution was stuck to a low one. With these kexts I got some resolutions to choose.

I am using a HDMI cable to my TV. The image resolution is amazing. However, I have just one small problem. I can't for the life of me get the HDMI Audio working to the TV sound. I tried latest VoodooHDA, it recognized the device, but still no sound. The other routes would be patching AppleHDA or DSDT route, but I am not familiar with these (a complete newbie in these routes).

Also Safari sometimes does not behave well for videos or animations (Youtube, for example), it keeps reloading the browser a few times. No artifacts or something like that. I think it has something to do with the flash player (I haven't installed it yet).

Anyone know how can I get the HDMI Audio working for this graphics card? Thanks in advance.

I have a 6770 too, edited my DSDT and I got HDMI with audio working.

thank you my friend, I got HDMI Audio working now using your DSDT with Clover.

However, I cannot play HD videos for some reason. I am testing with XBMC and it can play SD videos but not HD videos. Same with Youtube - Flash player causes Safari to reload a few times until it decides to use the youtube HTML5 player to play the video but still not HD.

Does it have something to do with the framebuffer? I was using Hoolock and now it is Vervet.

I'm really happy you got it to work with my DSDT. But at the same time,I can't even remotely think of a reason the SMBIOS was causing troubles. 

• Like 1